AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nildiven
Bought The CDs

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by nildiven »

WaywardOne wrote:This album can't come soon enough. If I have to hear one more description about 80's nostalgia and retro synth I'm gonna lose it - it's a notworthy new vibe added to the band but its still very much Alter Bridge. As someone who didn't grow up in the 80's I feel like I'm one of the few people who can't stand it. I know once I can just sit in a room and listen to new AB it will all be good!
The opening of slip to the void is steeped in 80s synth, so not sure why this is being touted as new territory for AB.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

nildiven wrote: The opening of slip to the void is steeped in 80s synth, so not sure why this is being touted as new territory for AB.
This is the first time they've built songs around it, though.
For all of the hope that it brings...

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

WaywardOne wrote:This album can't come soon enough. If I have to hear one more description about 80's nostalgia and retro synth I'm gonna lose it - it's a notworthy new vibe added to the band but its still very much Alter Bridge. As someone who didn't grow up in the 80's I feel like I'm one of the few people who can't stand it. I know once I can just sit in a room and listen to new AB it will all be good!

80"s the best era for rock music ever wont be topped either.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Can't wait for that one. I think it and Native Son are going to be sleepers.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Huh, Tear Us Apart is their best song on the album, that’s pretty unexpected. Haven’t heard much at all about it so far. Sounds promising.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I didn't think too fondly of Tear Us Apart. I thought in the verses that Myles used his upper range a bit too much for the song. Then again, I think Godspeed could very well be the most polarizing song of the album. That stated, I think people will dig Native Son, Forever Falling, Walking on the Sky on initial listen. I don't have anything to back that up, but I really dig those songs on first reaction at the Listening Party over Godspeed and Dying Light.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

It's funny that people were just talking about "Slip to the Void" a couple posts up. That song immediately reminded me of AIC – in particular, the (dis)harmonies during the chorus.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

abw1987 wrote:
It's funny that people were just talking about "Slip to the Void" a couple posts up. That song immediately reminded me of AIC – in particular, the (dis)harmonies during the chorus.

If its anything like Slip it will be my fav on the album

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

LosingPatience wrote:
abw1987 wrote:

If its anything like Slip it will be my fav on the album
Whenever I think about it. I can't help but sing "In-doc-tri-naaaatiooon" in my head, to the tune of Isolation :lol

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

anguyen92 wrote:I didn't think too fondly of Tear Us Apart. I thought in the verses that Myles used his upper range a bit too much for the song. Then again, I think Godspeed could very well be the most polarizing song of the album. That stated, I think people will dig Native Son, Forever Falling, Walking on the Sky on initial listen. I don't have anything to back that up, but I really dig those songs on first reaction at the Listening Party over Godspeed and Dying Light.
Not very excited about Tear Us Apart after the “too much upper range” comment. One of the best things about Dying Light is that Myles is not singing in a way which is going to be troublesome to replicate in a live setting, unlike TSoF, Island of Fools and The Last Hero.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Myles is using so much more of his vocal range on this album! One upper range tune, I don't think will hurt too bad. Damn it I just want to hear more backing vocals from Mark. He sounds so good in the pre-chorus in Take The Crown.

(Btw "The sound, the fury..." totally makes me think of the new Sturgill Simpson record... Sound And Fury.) :P

Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Post by Sugar Blade »

abw1987 wrote:
Oh boy, than it's the song I want to hear the most. AiC was the band that I went to after TLH left me unsatisfied (never heard anything from them before except "Them Bones" and "Man in the Box" when I was a teenager) and I immediatelly felt like home. I remember I was wondering how cool would it be if Myles and Mark would make intricate vocal harmonies on their next record. And here we are three years later.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Crumbso wrote: If its anything like Slip it will be my fav on the
Whenever I think about it. I can't help but sing "In-doc-tri-naaaatiooon" in my head, to the tune of Isolation :lol
Yes! Literally every time I see the name. Main reason I wanna hear it is so it stops.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

New audio interview with Mark and Scott about Walk the Sky: https://omny.fm/shows/mistress-carrie-a ... kstage-wit
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

That part about the beer pong and Flips brothers dancing balls though... :lol

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

New written review of Walk the Sky, with a very hype-inducing description of Godspeed: https://metalwani.com/2019/10/review-al ... e-sky.html
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

RevenantGB wrote:New written review of Walk the Sky, with a very hype-inducing description of Godspeed: https://metalwani.com/2019/10/review-al ... e-sky.html
The reviews have been very positive so far. I was just looking through the reviews on that site and they give lots of 9s. Interesting note that AB scored higher than Tool and Slipknot on a metal website.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

nildiven wrote:
The opening of slip to the void is steeped in 80s synth
not really

it's a unique sound for them but "80s synth" is a stretch

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

TheEndisHere wrote:
RevenantGB wrote:New written review of Walk the Sky, with a very hype-inducing description of Godspeed: https://metalwani.com/2019/10/review-al ... e-sky.html
The reviews have been very positive so far. I was just looking through the reviews on that site and they give lots of 9s. Interesting note that AB scored higher than Tool and Slipknot on a metal website.
That's high praise! Fear Inoculum and We Are Not Your Kind are still both blowing my mind so to have Walk The Sky be in the same company is a fantastic sign.