Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by abw1987 »

Yeah it does kinda sound like there's some chorus effect or similar on Mark's voice during the BW chorus, but I couldn't tell if that was just the video itself. Maybe they added it to increase the depth/volume of the chorus vocals?

I love to dueling solo at the end of BID too. They should make that a regular thing!

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Some better quality videos of Broken Wings and Burn it Down, I didn't really notice any vocal effect on the chorus but I could be wrong.

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Really enjoyed hearing Mark sing those. But his solo for Burn It Down left a lot to be desired. Thankfully Myles picked it up.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

That is just beautiful stuff. Those songs sound perfect with Mark on the lead vox.
Thanks Timo!

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Oh man, Mark was absolutely amazing. He could do the vocals more often, maybe Open Your Eyes too?
I hope they keep Burn It Down in the set.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Great time to be alive for sure

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Silvercreed wrote:Oh man, Mark was absolutely amazing. He could do the vocals more often, maybe Open Your Eyes too?
I hope they keep Burn It Down in the set.
I enjoyed their performance of OYE in Philly, despite Myles skipping the bridge and most of the choruses, as it allowed Mark's backing vocals to really shine. It's pretty cool that the audience was effectively singing lead, with Mark singing backup.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

They could do this every night to save Myles' voice a little bit and I don't think many fans would complain! That's pretty special.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

What a BRILLIANT idea! Always felt spoiled having two amazing singers in one band, but I never thought of this possibility! Thanks so much for sharing this, guys. Maybe some day Myles will make a surprise appearance and return the favor on a Tremonti tour... :P

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Both of these performances are fantastic! I loved the dualing solos in Burn It Down! Broken Wings gave me goosebumps.
WaywardOne wrote:Maybe some day Myles will make a surprise appearance and return the favor on a Tremonti tour... :P
Myles singing The Cage? :humina

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

It is moments like this that make me wish Mark had more lead vocal spots on the albums. Even if it was only 2 songs per album it would allow for Myles to be sick and Mark to be showcased on songs written for his vocal style. That being said his performances were very good and I'm fine with him taking on songs with Myles singing on the album but it would be cool to have more featuring him.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

I would be disappointed if i saw Burn It Down and Myles didnt sing it, he sings it better without question but its good to see Mark giving it a good crack

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

I am very confused why Myles and Mark aren't doing many harmonies live or at least not as many as on the record.
I noticed that Mark doesnt sing this "just like we've always done before" in TTC (which is TOTALLY weird imo as it's the best part of the chorus for me) and they also don't do any harmonies in the chorus of Pay no Mind. Why?

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Mr.Vlado wrote:I am very confused why Myles and Mark aren't doing many harmonies live or at least not as many as on the record.
I noticed that Mark doesnt sing this "just like we've always done before" in TTC (which is TOTALLY weird imo as it's the best part of the chorus for me) and they also don't do any harmonies in the chorus of Pay no Mind. Why?
Yeah that's pretty sad:( The first part of the chorus of PNM it's all Myles but Mark could easily sing that so make it sound big.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Mr.Vlado wrote:I am very confused why Myles and Mark aren't doing many harmonies live or at least not as many as on the record.

Yes why ? That imo makes the chorus stand out even more and they dont do it live, its weird . Same with Fortress

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

On Take the Crown. Anyone else miss Myles outro in the live version?

Also: Did you catch Tim's comments on the Ao12 fb post about Volbeat that dived into the subject of backing tracks?

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Hope they add Dying Light to the setlist soon

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Well for TTC, Mark does sing harmonies throughout Myles's whole part. I think they skip "just like we've always done before" because then there would literally be no time to breathe between lines. :lol

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Myles is 100% back to sounding incredible now:

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Hey guys, just confirmed my travel to Europe.

I'm definitely coming to some concert, probably Germany. I still have to see my plans though.

I'll be in Amsterdam (11/18 to 11/22), London (11/22 to 11/29) and Paris (11/29 to 11/04). Any advice on which concert should I go?
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019