Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

Bad news bear here. The show in NYC has been moved to Playstation Theater due to a fire in Terminal 5 a few days ago. It's interesting. PlayStation Theater (2,100 people capacity) is a venue that AB has headlined three times in NYC in the past (and at least two of those shows have been sold out where one of them was during a huge snow storm in NYC). There were no other venues that holds around 3,000-4,000 people available on that day?

Edit: I just read that Playstation Theater is going to be closing at the end of the year now? Jebus, where the heck is AB going to be playing for NYC shows moving forward?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

God forbid they're forced to travel a few more hours to play a Maine show for once...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

The Hammerstein?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

How big is Gramercy? I know Big Wreck have played there a couple of times.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Ok, now that i have watched a couple of vids, i have a question.

Wtf is wrong with the audience? Why are they fucking standing still?
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

GazEd wrote:Ok, now that i have watched a couple of vids, i have a question.

1. US crowds are too self-conscious to let loose.
  2. Half of the attendees are there for Skillet. I've seen this on co-headlining tours before. You end up with half of the crowd comprising fans of each headliner. Sure, some fans might be familiar with both bands' work. But I don't believe there are that many fans who are intimately familiar with both bands' catalogues.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Let people enjoy the show however they want.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Fortress1988
Brand New Start

Post by Fortress1988 »

Skillet " Legendary " is now the official theme song of WWE Raw

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Kreuger wrote:Let people enjoy the show however they want.
It somehow reminds me of the modern do-not-hurt-anyones-feelings approach.

It's not that I support hurting anyone, but come on, it's a fucking rock concert. If you want to stand still, buy a more expensive seat and be seated.

If you want to share your respect to the band standing in front of you, then stand.

It all boils down to a horrible thing. Music is becoming business as a mass. It's not art anymore, it's fucking labour. If you pour your feelings into a song, walk on the stage and see 500-5000 people standing still staring at you, I would simply quit for good. I tell you.

If you deliver a toothbreaking riff and never receive any feedback.... I dunno.
I saw lation

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Let me give you another example.

Summer 2017.

Russia.

Depeche Mode.

45 thousand people. Closed arena.

I saw lation

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Kreuger wrote:How big is Gramercy? I know Big Wreck have played there a couple of times.
Gramercy Theater holds only 500 people. Way too small for AB.

Also, when it comes to crowds standing still, not all crowds can be like the two crowds I was in for the Orlando and Raleigh shows where they can be amped about everything the band does and honestly, people paid their hard-earned money for these tickets, I agree with Kreuger, you just got to let them enjoy the show the way they see fit. Don't force other people to get moving if they don't want to, or you look like the jerk.

I recall being at a Nothing More show back in February and there were pits everywhere, crowdsurfers, lots of pushing. I really looked out of place there. Do I think people that did that are jerks? Nope, unless they intentionally wanted to rip my head off, that was just how the crowd wanted to be on that day. If people at this Victorious Sky tour wants to watch and applaud when needed, so be it.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I swear I was the only one really rocking out to AB the one time I saw them! It was a festival and they were only maybe the second band to play the main stage that afternoon.

Myles fucking apologized after they played Blackbird in the middle of the set... Like all of the tweenage Disturbed fans were bored out of their skulls...

musthavefaith07
Brand New Start

Post by musthavefaith07 »

Asking for a friend going to the show in NY tonight, anyone know when AB goes on? Is it before or after Skillet??

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

So happy they’ve ditched watch over you

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

musthavefaith07 wrote:Asking for a friend going to the show in NY tonight, anyone know when AB goes on? Is it before or after Skillet??
From what I saw, AB is headlining
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, today's show in NYC. Both bands gets 13 songs instead of 12 songs which means that Skillet probably got 65 minutes of play time and AB gets 70 minutes. Both bands' sets are the same as the previous show but with the inclusion of Comatose for Skillet and Metalingus for AB. I say those are good adds for both bands.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Saw the show in NY with Cameron last night and we had a blast

Skillet setlist:
Feel Invincible
Not Gonna Die
You Ain't Ready
Whispers in the Dark
Legendary
Awake and Alive
Back from the Dead
Hero
Undefeated
Victorious
Comatose
Monster
The Resistance

Alter Bridge:
One Life Intro
Wouldn't You Rather
Isolation
Buried Alive
Pay No Mind
Rise Today
Ghosts of Days Gone By
Waters Rising
Addicted To Pain
In The Deep
Cry Of Achilles
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes

Saw Skillet for the first time last night and man they put on one hell of a show. Was great to hear some of these songs live and John sounded great (on some songs). He seemed a bit hoarse on songs like Feel Invincible.

Alter Bridge, man they never disappoint. There was something special about the energy in the theater last night. Myles was still sick, so he wasn't hitting too many high notes (The one at the end of Ghosts of Days Gone By he gave it a half effort) and that was still amazing. He still sounded fantastic, Mark's singing was top notch, and the band as a whole sounded better than ever.

MARK'S GUITAR SOUNDED SO CLEAN. SUCH AN IMPROVMENT.

I don't think any show will ever beat my first show seeing AB back in 2011, but MAAAAAAAAAAN this is like right there.
Thanks Andy!

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

GazEd wrote:Ok, now that i have watched a couple of vids, i have a question.

This is actually a great question!! I too felt a little weird posting about it on Ao12 the morning after the Baltimore show because I didn't want to draw any false conclusions.

I for one have been to about.. 6 or 7 AB shows total. Not once did I ever pay close attention to my fellow concert attendees. I was too focused on enjoying the music. That changed Sunday night at MECU. They began playing In The Deep and I just caught myself drifting a bit. Sorry, just not a massive fan of that tune. Intro's pretty cool though!! Anyway, I actually caught myself looking around to see the crowd reaction and I began wondering to myself... is the crowd always this still.. or are they just not feeling the tune!?!

I came to this conclusion, when they play something heavy like Isolation; I'm absolutely head banging. Otherwise, I just sort of tap my foot and bob up and down a little. I'm not very animated when I'm at a live show. So I suspect it could be a combination of things. 1) Skillet came on before and reallllly brought some energy. Hell, I was even moving around for that a little bit. But I think AB is more about a technical prowess, like I'm always mesmerized by how skillful they are on guitar than I am with how they're moving around on stage. They're not a very animated band and I'm okay with that. What they're playing is more important than what they're doing while they're playing in my opinion. Headbanging on stage is fun and all but.. you can crunch an E chord and headbang at the same time. It's not that hard. It's fun to watch, but it's not hard to do.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

UninvitedZero wrote: Myles fucking apologized after they played Blackbird in the middle of the set... Like all of the tweenage Disturbed fans were bored out of their skulls...

wait... wut?!?!! He apologized!?!?

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

If anyone is wondering why the audience is moving, the answer is pretty darn simple: AB doesn't play dance tunes, and their "heavy" songs aren't really the right tempo/groove for mosh pits compared to punk bands or heavier bands like Lamb of God.