Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by austin. »

Dont want to spoil the setlist for anyone who likes surprises but I will say the song placement in the set of a lot of songs made me happy they were in different spots. Some songs you’d expect to hear late you hear early and vice versa. I expected a repeat show of Charlotte2016 and that is NOT what I received so I thank the band a lot for that.

Heard a few old songs in person I didn’t hear at the last show, and heard some stuff from the new album. Thanks for that aswell. Some songs you gotta play, I get that....but in the spots they could change two or three, they did that and I enjoyed it a lot.

Not trying to fanboy but when Mark f’n Tremonti notices you in the crowd rocking out, smiles, throws you horns, then proceeds to headbang with you...... memories I live for man.

Got a 10 years setlist (they were great!) and a pick from Brian. Mark tossed me one but dude in front of me grabbed it. No biggie. Myles for sure acknowledged eye to eye three times. Had a blast last night. The band is on fire. Thank you Alter Bridge for the killer time. Was in Myrtle beach less than 16 hours but hit the beach for a few and got to see one of my favorite bands ever.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Zero songs from the last hero...

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

So on facebook someone was commenting about the setlist and Tim said they have 35 songs for this tour so it should be interesting to see what changes are made throughout the tour

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

mirko.volpon wrote:Zero songs from the last hero...
Honestly I’m ok with this. The only song I feel like I NEED to hear from that record is Cradle, but I bet that doesn’t get played live for, like, ever.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I'd love to see a B-side thrown into the set some night. The Damage Done perhaps??

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, then today's setlist on the first day of the Victorious Sky tour in Baltimore.

One Life
Wouldn't You Rather
Isolation
Buried Alive
Pay No Mind
Rise Today
Ghost of Days Gone By
Waters Rising
Addicted to Pain
In the Deep
Cry of Achilles
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-br ... cc42f.html

Only 12 songs played aside from the One Life tape intro. Looks like it comes out to 65 minutes. You think that's jarring that AB's getting only 65 minutes? Here's Skillet's setlist below. Because of the fact that Blackbird and Cry of Achilles takes up 15 minutes instead of 10, Skillet's 12 songs setlist looks shorter than AB's 12 song setlist. I don't get it. Skillet played 14 songs when I saw them in LA and they were on a four band bill. On this show, it is only a three band bill yet the two main bands are only playing 12 songs each. I don't get it honestly. Does it have to do with venue restrictions or curfew or something? I would think both bands would get 70+ minutes each of playing time.

Feel Invincible
Not Gonna Die
You Ain't Ready
Whispers in the Dark
Legendary
Awake and Alive
Back From the Dead
Hero
Undefeated
Victorious
Monster
The Resistance

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/skillet/ ... cc429.html

Edit: Wait a minute, that Skillet setlist was last edited 6 hours ago, which would make it at 8:30 PM EST, which meant that their set wouldn't be over yet if they went last and I don't think they were finished with their set by 8:30 if they went before AB. AB's setlist looks up to date (updated two hours ago which makes it at 12:30 AM EST).

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I cannot believe how well Mark is singing right now. This is Waters Rising from the Baltimore show last night, probably one of his best vocal performances of the song to date in my opinion!

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Since the tour has now begun in earnest, I encourage any attendees to post reviews as new threads in our Concert Reviews subforum. Let's get some good discussion going here!

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

RevenantGB wrote:I cannot believe how well Mark is singing right now. This is Waters Rising from the Baltimore show last night, probably one of his best vocal performances of the song to date in my opinion!

That's a pretty big improvement. Let's hope it carries over when he goes back to the Tremonti stuff and has to sing the aggressive songs.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'll be sure and post a review of both the St Louis show, and the guitar clinic. Sounds like I'm doing both
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Kreuger wrote:That's a pretty big improvement. Let's hope it carries over when he goes back to the Tremonti stuff and has to sing the aggressive songs.
I was dead worried that he'd shot his voice after watching him perform at Rockville earlier this year (he was really struggling), but this performance has completely done away with those fears!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RevenantGB wrote:
Kreuger wrote:That's a pretty big improvement. Let's hope it carries over when he goes back to the Tremonti stuff and has to sing the aggressive songs.
I was dead worried that he'd shot his voice after watching him perform at Rockville earlier this year (he was really struggling), but this performance has completely done away with those fears!
Yea, he nailed the chorus like he never did before. Still I'm quite sceptical. His solo tour last year started off really good, too. But then his voice got worse and worse. I think his singing technique isn't quite healthy. On the other hand he will sing 1-2 songs as a lead singer during the upcoming AB tour, so he might preserve his good shape until the end of this cycle.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Oh yeah, Mark sounds fantastic!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

RevenantGB wrote:I cannot believe how well Mark is singing right now. This is Waters Rising from the Baltimore show last night, probably one of his best vocal performances of the song to date in my opinion!

A really good performance, it is interesting that Myles mentioned that they changed the set to include it. I wonder what they swapped out for it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

It’d be funny if they swapped Waters Rising for WDTTW :)

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

AB4Lyfe wrote:It’d be funny if they swapped Waters Rising for WDTTW :)
In such a short set like the ones their playing. I see 0 reason why to not do this.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Was at the Baltimore show. Great show overall. Myles was sick as he mentioned and vocally gave a pretty lazy/lackluster performance which is ok for being sick. However on all songs he was literally just saying lines at points in each song including chorus. Brian posted the set list on his Instagram story and it included both take the crown and meatlingus. Neither were played. I’m assuming waters replaced TTC. No idea why metalingus wasn’t played.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

JGremore wrote:Was at the Baltimore show. Great show overall. Myles was sick as he mentioned and vocally gave a pretty lazy/lackluster performance which is ok for being sick. However on all songs he was literally just saying lines at points in each song including chorus. Brian posted the set list on his Instagram story and it included both take the crown and meatlingus. Neither were played. I’m assuming waters replaced TTC. No idea why metalingus wasn’t played.
Maybe it's because the high note on metalingus is one of the highlights of the song, so if he can't sing it being sick it's kinda sad

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

,I really liked that variations of Myles during the whole song, made it special

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Blackbirddd wrote:I really liked that variations of Myles during the whole song, made it special
Yeah! I really like it when he sings an alternate vocal melody. The only time you'll see Myles do that when not sick is to avoid a high note which, personally, I don't find as moving because you know the reason behind it was for vocal ease rather than emotional immersion in the lyric. So yes as ironic as this sounds, Myles' under-par singing still led to the performance being special.