AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Arctic »

People have talked about leaks since Blackbird. I remember a guy describing how the title track sounded in detail to everyone. Im not going to discuss any leaks further but hand wringing over a couple of sentences about one song is dumb. Everyone here supports the band by buying pretty much everything they offer.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Do something good and vote for Alter Bridge:

https://berlin.starfm.de/mitrocken/rock-top-30/

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Arctic wrote:People have talked about leaks since Blackbird. I remember a guy describing how the title track sounded in detail to everyone. Im not going to discuss any leaks further but hand wringing over a couple of sentences about one song is dumb. Everyone here supports the band by buying pretty much everything they offer.
We all support and of course with a lot of money.

But talking about leaks like "Have you heard it?" and "Where did you find it?" leads into a wrong direction. We should report it instead of encouraging others to search for it - that's the point. Every "new" fan who is living from a leak will probably not buy any CD / vinyl / package - that's my opinion. I know the die-hards on here have probably bought every package :P

Regarding reddit:
The mods there should be active and ban this thread.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Leaks are a damaging consequence of the Internet, and I have no doubt it negatively effects the band. Yes, it's an unfortunate occurrence. That being said, it's high-time that we recognise that leaks are an unavoidable reality in the modern world and that attempting to stifle discussion about them when they occur is unfair.

At least in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with fans sharing their thoughts about the leaked material. I would wager the vast majority of contributing users here have already pre-ordered the album, bought concert tickets, or are planning to financially support the band in some shape or form. Is it really unacceptable that those same passionate fans want to discuss the song? It's not as if we were the ones to leak Take the Crown and it's certainly not appropriate to suggest those who have listened to it are childish.

The proper way that these incidents should be handled is to simply regulate the sharing of direct links, as well as the direct message requests. That way anyone made aware of the leak through the discussion still has to go out of their way to find it elsewhere, in which case I'd argue they're no longer a casual listener anyway.

I reiterate that leaks are a harmful, unavoidable reality. But formulating a moderation policy that operates as if they don't exist and restricts the die-hard fanbase from discussing them is also quite regrettable.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I wouldn't mind if my song was leaked. This stuff is gonna be released anyway, and people are still gonna stream it on Spotify, watch on YouTube and I still won't see a damn penny from it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Dolo wrote:I wouldn't mind if my song was leaked. This stuff is gonna be released anyway, and people are still gonna stream it on Spotify, watch on YouTube and I still won't see a damn penny from it.
The world would be a very sad place if every band would act after this opinion...

While She Sleeps released a nice band shirt regarding the Spotify royalities:

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It begins

Alter Bridge
@alterbridge
And the worldwide press junket begins today in NYC! 10 days long so stay tuned!

Get the single, see the video, pre-order the album, concert tickets, VIP Meet & Greets and guitar clinics with Tremonti: (link: http://smarturl.it/WalkTheSky) smarturl.it/WalkTheSky
6:42 PM · Aug 15, 2019
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Looking forward to hear them talk about the new songs... The few interviews we've had before already have been really informative!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I wonder which songs they'll play acoustically this time around?

The optimist in me wants to believe there'll be a degree of variety, but the realist is telling me it'll be Before Tomorrow Comes, Rise Today, Watch Over You and perhaps Wouldn't You Rather.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

There'll prolly be another ballad on this album for acoustic sessions in lieu of Wouldn't You Rather. At least I hope so.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Boy things escalate quickly around here lmao

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I’m living in Thailand and it’s Friday, 10 am right now. Take the crown is not available on Spotify. I guess it’s going to be released Friday next week

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Marshall wrote: While She Sleeps released a nice band shirt regarding the Spotify royalities:

IMG
And...... what does it have to do with what I said? I know what money people make off Spotify and that physical music doesn't really sell anymore. Merch is a good way to compensate for that, that's for sure. What I was saying comments on the leaking thing. I still won't make much money from people streaming it on YouTube or Spotify so I don't care if it gets leaked or not. Periphery had their album leaked ones and as soon as they became aware of it, they released the whole thing immediately, just for the hell of it. They know how today's music business works and that things get leaked. Not a lot of people make fuzz of it anymore.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I thought they made most of their money touring anyway. Unfortunately rock bands don’t sell massive amounts of albums anymore.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

If there were fans interested enough, one thing that could help sell would be to make albums with a good production.
But I think in general, people don't care about that.
And after listening to the latest albums (TLH / RAH dvd) I don't think the band itself has much concern for sound quality but whatever...
Well, at least they always make good/interesting records and the new one should be no different.

And playing a good number of new songs on the tour might help, too.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Silvercreed wrote:If there were fans interested enough, one thing that could help sell would be to make albums with a good production.
But I think in general, people don't care about that.
And after listening to the latest albums (TLH / RAH dvd) I don't think the band itself has much concern for sound quality but whatever...
Well, at least they always make good/interesting records and the new one should be no different.

And playing a good number of new songs on the tour might help, too.

RAH dvd had great quality, first ive heard about it having bad production, although this seems to be a negative place in general

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

About the RAH dvd.
I'm not saying it's bad. I was fortunate to see the dvd, but a magic concert like that, the mix needed better treatment. I mean, where is the orchestra? Why they buried in the mix? Specially in 2.0 audio (it's almost nonexistent) Doesn't make any sense to me and it's hard to me accept musicians and producers give the green light. That's the reason i didn't buy it. The concert is excelent, huge performance by all the musicians on stage, great emotional moments but this was a special concert,not a regular one. I just can't listen to it, like that.
Maybe one day if i decide to buy rear speakers again, i'll think about it.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Silvercreed wrote:About the RAH dvd.
I'm not saying it's bad. I was fortunate to see the dvd, but a magic concert like that, the mix needed better treatment. I mean, where is the orchestra? Why they buried in the mix? Specially in 2.0 audio (it's almost nonexistent) Doesn't make any sense to me and it's hard to me accept musicians and producers give the green light. That's the reason i didn't buy it. The concert is excelent, huge performance by all the musicians on stage, great emotional moments but this was a special concert,not a regular one. I just can't listen to it, like that.
Maybe one day if i decide to buy rear speakers again, i'll think about it.

Can hear it clear as day to the point i find it hard to listen to the original versions of many of them

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can hear the orchestra for the most part of the DVD as well. They did what they needed to do. I didn't want it to be too "in your face" about it because then it overshadows the band. Besides, for once, I can actually hear Brian's bass lines, something that other live releases didn't do too much. The arrangements to the outros of the songs were really good.

When it comes to the production part of things, I can't really find the issues that people really have with the band in that sense. It's only The Last Hero where I find that Elvis' method of production had reared its ugly head and he went overboard with the guitar layers and layering Myles' voice too much which makes it harder to listen to that album in full.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

When Pay No Mind was released pretty much every comment on Ultimate Guitar mentioned how bad the production was.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... _mind.html

It's not just this site.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.