The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by GazEd »

Email verification is another way out, but it will definitely prevent some potential users from registering.

In t his age of damned social media the webboards are dying out. God bless this place.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Social media is such a headache to post worthwhile thoughts, especially Twitter's new layout. Who honestly thought that layout was needed? Nobody. That stated, now I have an idea of how discord works, but I think I'm ready to join a discord channel with you guys.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Fuck that! Fuck social media.

Only phpbb, only hardcore!
I saw lation
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yeah we’ve got some email verifications, new user post count limit before they can post URL’s and bb code...see how that works out.

Though I just banned another spammer lol. No links in their posts, but it was gibberish and the same post over and over 19 times.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Arghhhh, found myself in yet another parking pickle here. So Iron Maiden is playing LA at the Banc of California stadium next month (which starts what I will deem the greatest week of my life) which is in the USC area. Parking at the stadium costs $40.00. That's a no go for me. I've asked around other forums that's considering going to see Maiden in LA as well and informed me that I can park downtown somewhere for a highly reduced fee, take the Metro Expo line and walk 5 minutes to the stadium. Problem is that the Metro Expo line will not run at the station near where I will be parking due to construction reasons. Also, I'm really concerned about after the concert is over at around 11 PM and whether or not I want to take the Metro Silver Line or a bus that's going the same route. Taking a bus at nighttime seems too scary for me.

I hate traveling to Downtown LA. There's too much headaches. Ryan, how do you manage to get by getting around this friken area for big events and not pay expensive parking?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And I agreed to be in his wedding...

Post by zazthespaz »

Pretty sure 90% of TR is dealing with Kev’s parking issues.

It’s also 2:20am on a Wednesday morning and my friend just left my apartment because he can’t take a hint of when to leave so I might be a little tired and exaggerating.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, when I'm traveling to venues I've never been to before, especially in LA, I get pretty scared (i.e. my insane paranoia figuring out where to park at the Troubadour when seeing Myles last year).

Edit: On another note, how reliable is parkwhiz when it comes to buying parking passes?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: And I agreed to be in his wedding...

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:Pretty sure 90% of TR is dealing with Kev’s parking issues.

It’s also 2:20am on a Wednesday morning and my friend just left my apartment because he can’t take a hint of when to leave so I might be a little tired and exaggerating.
If it’s a friend just say “get the fuck out, I’m tired.” instead of dropping them hints ;)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Straight to the Void...

Post by One Drew Remains »

In your creepiest Myles voice...

"You don't belong heeeeeeeere!"
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "Ol' Stabby Sweatpants" here I come.

Post by zazthespaz »

Has anyone heard that the term "spaz" is offensive? I've been using this username since I was 12 (17 years) and someone in Apex told me today that he wouldn't say "spaz" because his brother has Tourette's. I've never once heard that "spaz" is offensive in any way other than being used to call someone crazy (in a fun way), but it would explain why I can't use the name in GTAV. This wikipedia article kinda indicates it might be bad... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic Now I'm wondering if I need to change my usernames...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You can just shorten it to just Zaz. I don't think when anyone here refers you, they do not include "thespaz."

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

used the whole name cuz of what Kev just said

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz, I do think that if you feel like shortening your name is something you should do, then go for it! :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Canadian insight. That's not a thing is it?

Post by zazthespaz »

I don't want to shorten it! I've got a 17 year legacy with this name! :lol But if it's an offensive term, then I don't want to keep using it. Just trying to get a gauge if people really think it's offensive or not. The guy who told me about it was Canadian I think so Shea, you might have some insight. (?)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Zaz, in the six or so years that I've regularly posted in this thread, I do not think anyone, at all, thought that your full name is offensive.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

But the name "zaz" torques me right off

Post by gbruin »

If you look hard enough, somewhere in the world, someone is offended by anything.

But if you made it 17 years without anyone else complaining about "spaz" I think you're good.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

regarding the spam issue: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3506
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: "Ol' Stabby Sweatpants" here I come.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote:Has anyone heard that the term "spaz" is offensive? I've been using this username since I was 12 (17 years) and someone in Apex told me today that he wouldn't say "spaz" because his brother has Tourette's. I've never once heard that "spaz" is offensive in any way other than being used to call someone crazy (in a fun way), but it would explain why I can't use the name in GTAV. This wikipedia article kinda indicates it might be bad... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic Now I'm wondering if I need to change my usernames...
Yeah that's the understanding of it at least where I am, but I think with these things intent is important and if it means something else to you then I don't think it's gonna get people riled.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Ol Stabby Sweatpants will wait.

Post by zazthespaz »

Cool - thanks guys!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I think you should go by zazifrazz. But maybe that's just me.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I’d tell that person to eat a dick and keep the name. Don’t change it. Tough shit if he’s offended. Can’t please everyone.
Photobucket cash grab.