AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by TheEndisHere »

I'm still hyped. I'm curious to hear how different "godspeed" is. Native Son and Take the Crown are probably bangers. Forever Falling is Mark singing and maybe an epic. I think "in the deep" might be lighter/ balladish. The title track should be great as every title track except the 1st (IMHO) have been great. So maybe we just got just the okay tracks first. I don't know why AB has such an habit of picking bad singles

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Wouldn’t you rather is okay but I think that Pay No Mind is awesome! Really like that one.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Arctic wrote:So is Slip To the Void, and I consider that more of an ‘epic’ song. I think the idea that a song needs to be 6+ minutes to be epic is overrated on this board. Sure, songs like Blackbird, CoA, and Fortress are some of my favorites, but to be quite honest, the two longer songs on TLH are not on my personal favorites list. Longer isn’t always better.

This Side Of Fate and Cradle are in my top 3 AB songs

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I would love to hear Mark sit down on the Joe Rogan Experience for a full three hour episode...
Crazy Creed stories, classic rock/metal, pinball, guitar and amplifier specs, aliens and AI and armchair politics, conspiracy theories and DMT and crazy wildlife... Would be epic!

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

UninvitedZero wrote:I would love to hear Mark sit down on the Joe Rogan Experience for a full three hour episode...
Crazy Creed stories, classic rock/metal, pinball, guitar and amplifier specs, aliens and AI and armchair politics, conspiracy theories and DMT and crazy wildlife... Would be epic!
And amazing publicity too as Joe Rogan is apparently the number 1 podcast right now. I don't know much about JR's musical preferences, is he a fan?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

TheEndisHere wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:I would love to hear Mark sit down on the Joe Rogan Experience for a full three hour episode...
And amazing publicity too as Joe Rogan is apparently the number 1 podcast right now. I don't know much about JR's musical preferences, is he a fan?
He's a classic rock guy. Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Sabbath. I don't believe he is a fan, but the Creed connection might be strong enough to get him interested in Mark as a guest. Super open to listening to new music and I think Alter Bridge would be right up his alley. He respects and loves driven, creative, chill people. Mark and Joe crack a couple brews and start talking Master Of Puppets... A powerful friendship and ally of the band could be born.

Bit.Slade
Brand New Start

Post by Bit.Slade »

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

LosingPatience wrote:
Arctic wrote:So is Slip To the Void, and I consider that more of an ‘epic’ song. I think the idea that a song needs to be 6+ minutes to be epic is overrated on this board. Sure, songs like Blackbird, CoA, and Fortress are some of my favorites, but to be quite honest, the two longer songs on TLH are not on my personal favorites list. Longer isn’t always better.

I’m a big fan of This Side of Fate, TLH, Cradle, and Island of Fools, but as far as my top ten list, there are just so many others that are better. Probably top 15 though.
Last edited by Arctic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Saw the band five times between 2004 and 2007 but not since then. Bought a ticket last night.

It will be twelve years and two days in between AB shows for me. Or 4,385 days. Weird!!

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Arctic wrote:
LosingPatience wrote:

I’m a big fan of This Side of Fate, TLH, Cradle, and Island of Fools, but as far as my top ten list, there are just so many others that are better. Probably top 15 though.

Cant think of to many better but we are all different , wouldnt life be boring if we were all the same

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I like both of the new songs, in thier own way. Really expecting to enjoy this one a bit more than TLH (which I did enjoy).
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Mark was at the final Slash / Conspirators show in Orlando tonight. I wonder if Myles goes home for a few weeks or if they start rehearsing and promoting right away!

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Did he play on stage?

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

You've got to be kidding me.

Still not a post about Take The Crown?!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Edited to appease aspiring forum mods.
Last edited by Arctic on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

The thing that does it for me is that all the songs are so. damn. different.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

GazEd wrote:The thing that does it for me is that all the songs are so. damn. different.

How have you guys heard it ?

Just found it...........wow. That outro is cool af

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

abw1987 wrote:I'd like to offer a friendly reminder that sharing copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited. This is particularly important leading up to and following the release of new material, as we wish to respect the band's timeline by not facilitating leaks.

For reference, please see rule 11 of the TABN rules and guidelines:
TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Thanks in advance.

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

VigilantSteve wrote:
abw1987 wrote:I'd like to offer a friendly reminder that sharing copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited. This is particularly important leading up to and following the release of new material, as we wish to respect the band's timeline by not facilitating leaks.

TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings, all Tremonti recordings, all Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators recordings, all Projected recordings, and other bands involving Alter Bridge band members. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Thanks in advance.

Def wont do that :}

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

LosingPatience wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Def wont do that :}
Yeah - cool kiddies. You've heard the song before everyone else did.
Talking about leaks is definetly facilitating the whole topic - so please stop.
They will release it - you will hear it - you can discuss it. That's the way!
Thanks!