The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

WaywardOne wrote:I know I'm far from the first to say anything like this but I just have to give a shout out to this band for making songs that get you through tough times so well. I just got out of a 2 year relationship (an eternity for me) and have been seriously struggling ever since. AB has been my favorite band from day one and have always been helpful to listen to, but damn, when you're really down about something, it's like the best kind of therapy. Even all the AB III songs that are eerily relatable right now are still therapeutic. I think that's something people don't realize about this kind of music - no matter how dark or sad or angry it may sound on the surface, just the fact that any part of it feels relatable or that you're not alone is all it takes sometimes. As gracious as these guys are, they'll never truly understand just how much of an impact they have on people's lives. So grateful for them and all you fellow fans. :hug
ABIII got me through some tough times when it first came out. I felt like that album was written for me and came out right when I needed it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Random question to ask, but in the 15 years of this band existing, has there even been a show where any of the four guys were not part of it? I don't think I can recall if that was the case. Even if Myles is sick, he will still play on.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Ab3 is long story of my younger days. Best music Alter Bridge has ever made IMO

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Wasn’t really sure where to put this but at Iron Maiden’s show on Monday night they played Addicted to Pain over the PA while the stage was being setup. Also played a Slash and Myles song, Hard and Fast.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Andy92 wrote:Wasn’t really sure where to put this but at Iron Maiden’s show on Monday night they played Addicted to Pain over the PA while the stage was being setup. Also played a Slash and Myles song, Hard and Fast.
I read this sentence way too fast the first time and thought it said that Iron Maiden played Addicted to Pain. That would certainly be interesting.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m imaging how mad the crowd would have been that they used up a song slot for a cover lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

WaywardOne wrote:I know I'm far from the first to say anything like this but I just have to give a shout out to this band for making songs that get you through tough times so well. I just got out of a 2 year relationship (an eternity for me) and have been seriously struggling ever since. AB has been my favorite band from day one and have always been helpful to listen to, but damn, when you're really down about something, it's like the best kind of therapy. Even all the AB III songs that are eerily relatable right now are still therapeutic. I think that's something people don't realize about this kind of music - no matter how dark or sad or angry it may sound on the surface, just the fact that any part of it feels relatable or that you're not alone is all it takes sometimes. As gracious as these guys are, they'll never truly understand just how much of an impact they have on people's lives. So grateful for them and all you fellow fans. :hug
Same here, WaywardOne. :cheers
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote:Random question to ask, but in the 15 years of this band existing, has there even been a show where any of the four guys were not part of it? I don't think I can recall if that was the case. Even if Myles is sick, he will still play on.
Not that I remember. I love that there's never been a change in membership in this band, as well. I can't imagine AB ever being anything other than the 4 guys.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

rjiparsons
Brand New Start

Post by rjiparsons »

There is a video on youtube, from way back, when Myles was so sick he couldn't sing...however was still on stage....legend.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

My second show (KC, Fortress tour) Myles was sick and they took watch over you and maybe open your eyes out of the set.

I met them before the show, and while the rest of the guys were inviting, he was just kind of there. I knew he was sick, but it did change my opinion if him for a bit.

When they hit the fall leg of the tour, he was much more energetic. He's fistbumped me at a couple of other shows during Metalingus in Tulsa '16. And Shed My Skin the next year in St Louis. So my opinion did a 180.

He manned up and sang through that spring 2014 tour. But I think a lesser man would have cancelled.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The official Rockpalast channel has uploaded the show from 2016.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Finally. Some dude uploaded the show on YT back then but it was taken down by Rockpalast.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Dolo wrote:

The official Rockpalast channel has uploaded the show from 2016.
With some cuts.. For the people that have been wondering why it was such a short set.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

There is a live version of metalingus with Tremonti's guitar sounding decent?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Blackbirddd wrote:There is a live version of metalingus with Tremonti's guitar sounding decent?
No. Same goes for One Day Remains.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Blackbirddd wrote:There is a live version of metalingus with Tremonti's guitar sounding decent?
Live from Amsterdam sounds quite good but I get what's you're saying. Part of the problem might be the fact that the riffs there are quite cut up and they get lost in the mix. Another thing is that the sound for the entire show is that the Myles' guitar is louder and on the left and Mark's is quieter and on the right. Metalingus is without Myles on the guitar but the mix stays the same so Mark's sound get lost beneath the bass and the drums.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

https://youtu.be/z48FYzT5Q1A

You may never hear Broken Wings the same way again

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

LosingPatience wrote:https://youtu.be/z48FYzT5Q1A

You may never hear Broken Wings the same way again
The hell did i just watch...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

People show their love and appreciation in a variety of ways.

But, yeah, that was kind of odd...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And why am I horny!?

Post by zazthespaz »

Why'd he cut it off?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says