AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

There isn't one here that I know of, but like I say if you need to have your fill, take it outside or DMs. On another note, since we fell off the rails in the last few pages in the topic, I might as well add fire to it.

Here's a link that has a video of Shaq in a moshpit in the Tomorrowland festival (big EDM festival in Belgium). Honestly, Shaq looks like he has a good aura and everything, but I wouldn't want to be the one that pushes him or have him push me in a pit.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wt ... shpit.html

scalthom
Brand New Start

Post by scalthom »

Keep bringing it against trump. He has obviously made this such a horrible country.... such a tyrant... hopefully he’ll tweet something about miles writing pay no mind.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Trump and I agree on one thing: we totally hate pedos! How crazy is that? Good on ya, Don!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

scalthom wrote:Keep bringing it against trump. He has obviously made this such a horrible country.... such a tyrant... hopefully he’ll tweet something about miles writing pay no mind.
Srsly though this would be hysterical, and it's 100% totally something that he'd embarrass himself doing if he had the chance. That's why it's funny. This is absolutely within the realm of possibility if he ever heard this song.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

AB23 wrote:Trump and I agree on one thing: we totally hate pedos! How crazy is that? Good on ya, Don!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRAPLodRnd4

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Guys, the band knew exactly what they were doing with this song. They had to know it would stir conversation. I'm sure Myles will be diplomatic when asked about because he's not going to purposefully shit on fans.

HOWEVER, judging by the lyrics to Wouldn't You Rather, being honest and living a meaningful life is far more important to him (and perhaps the rest of the band feels the same way) than money. I doubt they care if they alienate parts of their fan base based on heartfelt political stances.

Good on them.

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Just wait until the lyrics for "Take the Crown" and "Indoctrination" come out....

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Damn, so we disagree about pedos? Because I think that they're not good!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

AB23 wrote:Damn, so we disagree about pedos? Because I think that they're not good!
Yeah, I happen to think Trump probably is one.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

About the whole political discussion on here - it’s an Alter Bridge thread. Shut the fuck up and get to the general discussion sub-forum.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

AB4Lyfe wrote:About the whole political discussion on here - it’s an Alter Bridge thread. Shut the fuck up and get to the general discussion sub-forum.
the discussion arose from alter bridge lyrics :P

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

AB4Lyfe wrote:About the whole political discussion on here - it’s an Alter Bridge thread. Shut the fuck up and get to the general discussion sub-forum.
ty

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Some of you sound like you browse /r/politics too much. Get off Reddit lol.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

For the record, the song that Alter Bridge released yesterday was very likely about a politician, so it's not like it's not an Alter Bridge-releated topic right now. In a few weeks, no. But it's not an unnatural thing for people to react to song lyrics when they first hear them.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

scarecrow wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:All right. Guys. I'm going to say this in caps for emphasis.

Unless the band officially says otherwise, PAY NO MIND IS NOT A SONG SPECIFICALLY ABOUT DONALD TRUMP OR POLITICS. ANYONE THAT THINKS IT IS THE CASE IS THEIR OWN PERSONAL VIEWS AND NOT OF THE BAND'S (UNLESS CONFIRMED). Take the discussion outside so that the rest of us can enjoy discussing a band called Alter Bridge. Please. I beg of you.
Is there a politics thread? I'd love a sanctioned place to make fun of the resident Trump supporters.
Coming out my lurking spot in the corner to praise you for being out here doing the lord’s work. :bow

scalthom
Brand New Start

Post by scalthom »

Anyone thunk wouldn’t you rather is about brexit? Pretty obvious, esp with the bands huge European fan base.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Please don't ruin AB for me with the crazy Trump hate stuff. Love politics and love debate, but damn it AB has never preached a political point of view upon us.. something I've always respected them for. Songs undoubtedly are influenced by their personal opinions, but they leave it vague enough for us to attach our own meanings to it. But damn it guys I feel like my happy place just had a giant fucking oil spill in it with the partisan back and forth. Lol. This is ABNation. Let's focus on why we, a very diverse group, are gathered here.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Sure. Let's not talk about it and keep denying the greatest sin :shifty
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I hope an interview comes out where Myles says he liked the new Avengers movies so much that he wrote a song about Thanos.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Or that he was inspired by his own ant apocalypse story.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.