Creed getting back together in 2020?

A place for all Creed discussion.
MrK2991
Brand New Start

Creed getting back together in 2020?

Post by MrK2991 »

What do you think the chances are of Creed getting back together in 2020? Every time Stapp is asked about it, he dodges the question, but in a way that seems like “I can neither confirm nor deny.” I have a hard time thinking they are all on the same record label now by chance. I think something has to be in the works. Once this next AB cycle winds down, I wouldn’t be surprised if they put out a new Creed record or at least tour. I have my doubts Mark is gonna jump right back to Tremonti, seeing as how they have had some obvious band lineup issues...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Creed getting back together in 2020?

Post by Dolo »

Well, I don't need another Creed album in my life, and especially if it sounded like a bunch of AB b-sides like Full Circle did. Mark has said on numerous ocassions that being on stage with Stapp is a nightmare now, so I can't imagine these two working in a studio for months now.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

No. Hell. No.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

No !
Please
No !

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I highly doubt Creed is getting back in 2020. AB still needs to do the things they usually do the year after an album is released. Standalone US tours (I think they replied to a post on Instagram that they are coming to the West coast in early 2020, and I think they may do one more tour in the Fall), festivals in US and Europe, and probably one more standalone Europe tour, and maybe other areas like South America and Australia if all things are aligned.

2021, which would be two years after the album is out, would be the AB off-year so maybe Creed may come back. Maybe Tremonti does continue with or without Garrett Whitlock. Hard to say what's going to happen then, right now.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Yes I think it'll be announced in late 2020. I see AB fans in tears already lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nagpo wrote:Yes I think it'll be announced in late 2020. I see AB fans in tears already lol
Why would they be in tears? It's not a guarantee and I personally don't like talking about it as if it is a lock right now when we are focusing on the Walk the Sky album cycle right now.

We are well aware that around late 2020/2021 could very well be the off year/season for AB. Myles may go off to working with Slash again (I think they stated that they are working on gathering material for the next Slash/Myles/Conspirators album throughout their tour) or an off-hope chance he may do another solo album. Tremonti solo band could be on the rocks. As I stated before, it depends on whether or not they decided to carry on without Garrett (which I think it's a mistake if they do carry on without him, since he's such a great drummer and really helped defined the sound of the band, but if he chooses not to be in Tremonti anymore, I think it's best for Tremonti band to go out quietly, especially after releasing a great album in A Dying Machine. Hard to top that one in terms of concept).

Creed may come back, but it's hard to predict now. Would I want to hear a new album from them? I mean more music from Mark/Flip/Brian is always a great thing and Stapp looks to be on the up and up (which is really a positive thing to be shocked about, since a lot of twisted people probably had him on their death pools after late 2014) so if all of them are up for it, why not? Would I want to see them live? That's a maybe. It's not that I think the show will be bad (I think it may turn out well). It could be just reasons why I didn't go see Slash/Myles/Conspirators in LA last year.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:Yes I think it'll be announced in late 2020. I see AB fans in tears already lol
Why would they be in tears? It's not a guarantee and I personally don't like talking about it as if it is a lock right now when we are focusing on the Walk the Sky album cycle right now.

We are well aware that around late 2020/2021 could very well be the off year/season for AB. Myles may go off to working with Slash again (I think they stated that they are working on gathering material for the next Slash/Myles/Conspirators album throughout their tour) or an off-hope chance he may do another solo album. Tremonti solo band could be on the rocks. As I stated before, it depends on whether or not they decided to carry on without Garrett (which I think it's a mistake if they do carry on without him, since he's such a great drummer and really helped defined the sound of the band, but if he chooses not to be in Tremonti anymore, I think it's best for Tremonti band to go out quietly, especially after releasing a great album in A Dying Machine. Hard to top that one in terms of concept).

Creed may come back, but it's hard to predict now. Would I want to hear a new album from them? I mean more music from Mark/Flip/Brian is always a great thing and Stapp looks to be on the up and up (which is really a positive thing to be shocked about, since a lot of twisted people probably had him on their death pools after late 2014) so if all of them are up for it, why not? Would I want to see them live? That's a maybe. It's not that I think the show will be bad (I think it may turn out well). It could be just reasons why I didn't go see Slash/Myles/Conspirators in LA last year.
I didn't say they would be, I was referencing the first three posts in this thread lol

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

2020 reunion tour makes sense just from a year numerical standpoint. If any time sounds good.... 2020 probably the year to do it. I’d take it. I’d buy three or four tickets at a hundred bucks a pop... know a handful of others who would aswell.

Can’t say I’d pay a hundred for alter bridge or tremonti so that’s my thoughts on it. Creed sells and I’m buying.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I don't want to hear another Creed album, because there is no way it's gonna be as good as the first three.
Mark hasn't been in a proper Creed state of mind since 2002, and as Full Circle and the unreleased live songs from 2012 showed, I think he's just forgotten how to write a decent Creed tune. Even More Than This, that he hyped as My Sacrifice 2.0, was a very average song.
Creed is not a more commercial, less complex and easier to digest version of Alter Bridge. I couldn't disagree more with that kind of statement, but that's basically what Mark was saying Creed's music was a few years ago.

So if they want to tour, why not, but they should play the songs at the correct tempo, forget about Full Circle, and not bring a secong guitar player on stage.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Puddle of Mudd is actually releasing an album soon, and Fuel is set to put out a new record in 2020. Tantric's Todd Whitener has also expressed interest in being in a band again, so I think that early to mid 2000s post Grunge sound might be approaching the age where nostalgia puts it in a positive light. Whether people want to admit it or not, similar to Stone Temple Pilots, Creed was a very high quality band and their sales reflect that. The chemistry between Mark and Stapp from My Own Prison to Weathered is unmatched, and as much as I enjoy Alter Bridge, it never fulfilled me in the way Creed's less technical, albeit more emotional music did.

I remember when everyone was talking about Creed after Stapp's meltdown Mark was more positive about the band then he was in 2012. He even said that he felt upset that people didn't ask him more questions about some of their lyrics (citing What's This Life For) as it wasn't just Stapp that played a role in the poetic side of Creed. However, ultimately, I don't want Alter Creed. I barely revisit Full Circle bar four songs, and I honestly think it taints their legacy, considering their first three albums had a very distinct sound, that we really haven't heard since One Day Remains/The Great Divide. So unless Creed is going to sound like Creed again I could go without anymore albums from them. I'd rather them be inactive and remember them for who they were, then have them constantly put out new music knowing it isn't as consistent as their early work.

TLDR: GET JOHN KURZWEG TO PRODUCE ANY NEW MUSC FROM CREED

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I've said this before and I"ll say it again. Even creed knew Full Circle didn't sound like creed. That's why in 2012 they were playing strictly MOP and HC songs in tours to get the old vibe back. You can hear in More Than This and Devil Inside you that they sounded more like Creen than FC. So the guys know about the Alter Creed concern. I'm not worried about it. And even then, Full Circle was a great record. I appreciate it more now than ever. The lyrics are fantastic on that albums and so is the music.

I agree that Kurzweg should come back .

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

I think with a fractured Tremonti band and the want/need for a band that pays more, Creed will be back in 2020. I also think a new album will be involved only because Tremonti said that they basically have a complete album written already. Myles will be with Slash and Mark can't sit still for more than a month.

Assuming the album actually happens, I really wouldn't hold out for Kurzweg. I think he have to except Elvis and hope that he actually shines. I remember hearing that there was sort of a stand-off with which producer to use for Creed 5 and that appears to be why that record never got recorded. It's been 7 years though so I think Mark could tell Stapp that he wants Elmer Fudd to produce the album and Stapp would be okay with it - I'd be lol.

As far as concert sales; I know AB has been active but they only appeal to a certain demographic. I remember seeing Creed in 09 and seeing white collar people in their 50s as well as young people, middle aged people, kids, on and on. Saw AB at a much smaller venue in 2017 and everyone was between 20-40 years old and that place was half full.

As of this writing, Alter Bridge has 1,725,635 monthly listeners on Spotify. Wouldn't You Rather was in the top 10 on iTunes for like a day, 2 days at best, then got buried. Creed has 3,218,786 monthly listeners on Spotify and they haven't been active for 7 years. Although, I will note that Creed recently added a "Best of" playlist - I don't know if that means anything significant, probably not, but it's something.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:I think with a fractured Tremonti band
What exactly do you mean by that?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Troops4Tremonti wrote:I think with a fractured Tremonti band
What exactly do you mean by that?
I think he's referring to the fact that the lineup for Tremonti in 2015 is not the line-up now since Wolfgang left to do other stuff and Garrett did not do any shows in the Fall and Winter tour. Therefore, there are concerns whether or not the Tremonti solo band will keep going once AB is done with the Walk the Sky cycle by late next year.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

It's still a leap to assume they won't continue though...I haven't seen anyone make any sort of statement on the band, and it's not like it's unusual for bands to have lineup changes.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

VigilantSteve wrote:It's still a leap to assume they won't continue though...I haven't seen anyone make any sort of statement on the band, and it's not like it's unusual for bands to have lineup changes.
I'm not really assuming anything - just speculating. I think they'll continue - just maybe not until 2021/2022. Again, just speculating. Tremonti could release a double album with Mike Portnoy next year for all I know.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:It's still a leap to assume they won't continue though...I haven't seen anyone make any sort of statement on the band, and it's not like it's unusual for bands to have lineup changes.
I'm not really assuming anything - just speculating. I think they'll continue - just maybe not until 2021/2022. Again, just speculating. Tremonti could release a double album with Mike Portnoy next year for all I know.
Fair enough. I will say though, Mike Portnoy would certainly be an interesting choice for drummer to say the least, lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Tremonti can be a band as long as Mark is in it. I love Erock and GW, but it’s Mark’s solo project at the end of the day.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

VigilantSteve wrote:
Troops4Tremonti wrote:
Fair enough. I will say though, Mike Portnoy would certainly be an interesting choice for drummer to say the least, lol
Lol probably so. I don't know too many drummers and he was the first that came to mind. Go get him and then have Hans Zimmer write some orchestral stuff! :dance