The Movie Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Is it now?

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
Micky wrote:ENDGAME WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How long til we can discuss it without worrying about spoilers?
Monday? That’s two weekends of showtime, if people don’t see it by then it’s they own damn fault.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Everyone's on notice

Post by gbruin »

Sounds fair. Monday it is.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Ubik »

I haven't seen it yet, but it's been impossible to avoid spoilers so I feel like I actually have.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I loaned my brother my star wars collection on blu ray, and now all of a sudden they're "Lost" and he doesnt know where they are. :slam
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Liked that they got rid of that Andy guy though.

Post by zazthespaz »

I haven't cried in a solid 6+ years. Saw Toy Story 4 today and teared up twice. I never do that with movies. Very well done, I'd love for them to continue the series, but can totally understand if this was the last one.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Andy is the key to the entire series.

Post by Andy92 »

Toy Story 4 was extremely well done. I didn’t expect it to be as good as it was. Does have a couple pretty sad moments though, but I really liked the ending.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Clearly you haven’t seen Endgame.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:I haven't cried in a solid 6+ years. Saw Toy Story 4 today and teared up twice. I never do that with movies. Very well done, I'd love for them to continue the series, but can totally understand if this was the last one.
Six+ years? You robot...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Spider-Man: Far From Home was such a great film. It starts a little slow but once it finds its groove I was loving it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I'm mixed about Toy Story 4. Some of it was very good but idk. Some of the dialouge didnt feel natural. Pacing was fast and never gave anything room to breathe.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Andy92 wrote:Spider-Man: Far From Home was such a great film. It starts a little slow but once it finds its groove I was loving it.
:yeahthat Also has the best mid/post credit scene in an MCU movie yet. Do NOT leave the theater, it is literally the proper end to the movie
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AHart96 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Spider-Man: Far From Home was such a great film. It starts a little slow but once it finds its groove I was loving it.
:yeahthat Also has the best mid/post credit scene in an MCU movie yet. Do NOT leave the theater, it is literally the proper end to the movie
It probably is the best one, although the one for Ant-Man and the Wasp really was a jaw dropper. :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

There's a bit in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood that is 100% a nod to TLH being a great album. Tarantino knows his beans.

SummerGirl
Brand New Start

Post by SummerGirl »

I am cautiously anticipating Villeneuve‘s Dune. I love Villeneuve‘s imagery, and style. I enjoyed Bladerunner 2049.

Something about the bloated cast for Dune. I dunno. I am hoping for the best.

I like that it will be two movies. Good on WB for green lighting that.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SummerGirl wrote:I am cautiously anticipating Villeneuve‘s Dune. I love Villeneuve‘s imagery, and style. I enjoyed Bladerunner 2049.

Something about the bloated cast for Dune. I dunno. I am hoping for the best.

I like that it will be two movies. Good on WB for green lighting that.
Yes! Just read the book, and I'm already booked in my head into the biggest imax I can find next December. It's a big cast but lots of characters to fit in.

SummerGirl
Brand New Start

Post by SummerGirl »

Ubik wrote: Yes! Just read the book, and I'm already booked in my head into the biggest imax I can find next December. It's a big cast but lots of characters to fit in.
Yes, I saw you were reading it in the book thread. That’s cool. Looks like you enjoyed it...?

I have thought about picking it up. I remember reading some of it when I was a kid. My Grandma had a copy at her house.

We watched Dune (1984) just last year. A bit rushed in pacing, but loved seeing Kyle MacLachlan and Sting. Have you seen it?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SummerGirl wrote: Yes, I saw you were reading it in the book thread. That’s cool. Looks like you enjoyed it...?

I have thought about picking it up. I remember reading some of it when I was a kid. My Grandma had a copy at her house.

We watched Dune (1984) just last year. A bit rushed in pacing, but loved seeing Kyle MacLachlan and Sting. Have you seen it?
I saw it about 15 years ago, it was my first experience of both David Lynch and Dune, so inevitably I had absolutely no idea what was going on :lol Will rewatch before this version comes out though. Definitely recommend the book, it's weighty but a breeze to get through.

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

So I watched It: Chapter One a couple weeks ago and saw Chapter Two in theater a couple days ago. Never read the book so don't have anything to compare it to. Both were fun, but Chapter One I think was wayyyy better. Chapter Two started to drag and the jump scares just got exhausting

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Joker was AMAZING. Joaquin Phoenix lived up to the hype and then some. But I feel so sick and gross after watching it, don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again. Definitely worth seeing once, but that’s about all I can stomach
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AHart96 wrote:Joker was AMAZING. Joaquin Phoenix lived up to the hype and then some. But I feel so sick and gross after watching it, don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again. Definitely worth seeing once, but that’s about all I can stomach
Yeah... I know how to copy and paste tweets, too ;)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Joker was AMAZING. Joaquin Phoenix lived up to the hype and then some. But I feel so sick and gross after watching it, don’t know if I’ll ever watch it again. Definitely worth seeing once, but that’s about all I can stomach
Yeah... I know how to copy and paste tweets, too ;)
Wow Ryan way to expose Hartie like that :eek :lol