AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

RevenantGB wrote: One thing I'm worried about is Myles' voice though, it's become even squeakier during the high notes (when he sings "heart" at the end)
Oh no. Judging from recent performances I had the impression that Myles finally got rid of his squeaks. Now I'm really concerned.

schleif91
Brand New Start

Post by schleif91 »

See i really like how he jumps high in the chorus! Doesnt sound squeaky to me! Bring on the full album.not my fave song of theres but a damn fine opening single!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

benjoAB wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:I would think judgment would be reserved until it is officially out in outlets like Spotify, Youtube (their Youtube channel), etc. before judging sound quality.
It’s on their YouTube in New Zealand lol
Oh all right. Not much to say from this point on then.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

schleif91 wrote:See i really like how he jumps high in the chorus! Doesnt sound squeaky to me! Bring on the full album.not my fave song of theres but a damn fine opening single!
Squeaky may have been the wrong word, I think nasal would be a better description
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

RevenantGB wrote:
schleif91 wrote:See i really like how he jumps high in the chorus! Doesnt sound squeaky to me! Bring on the full album.not my fave song of theres but a damn fine opening single!
Squeaky may have been the wrong word, I think nasal would be a better description
That's honestly not a term that would put people at ease when it comes to Myles' voice.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Guys we said the same thing for show me a leader and imo he sounded excellent on the last hero as a whole.

John3977
Brand New Start

Post by John3977 »

After a few listens I fucking love it !!! For those who want express VPN is great I have it for 9 bucks a month it’s worth every penny !!!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

The thing I’m worried about is the mix . I really had confidence after Year of the Tiger and A Dying Machine..

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

John3977 wrote:After a few listens I fucking love it !!! For those who want express VPN is great I have it for 9 bucks a month it’s worth every penny !!!
I agree I love it more with each listen. Heavy riffage, high energy, lower register singing for verses, higher for chorus, great solo. Overall wonderful single!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I'm digging it more and more! Cool lead single that gets me even more punped for the other 13 new tunes!

The more I hear that main riff, the more I hear a tiny bit of Korn. How Korn has guitar riffs that go from the low and chunky chords to the same notes octaves higher and back and forth. That caught my ear in the beginning of this song's riffage... (Korn just released a killer new track as well!)

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I am very excited but at the same time...i will be severely disappointed if the mix really is just like TLH. That's just an unacceptably bad sounding rock album. But I will reserve judgment until i hear it with a crisp stream. I love these guys so much and I just want their music to sound clear and defined. If I had to take the ultimate highs from any band on earth and i listen to sooooo much these days...i'm taking AB first all day/every day. There are 10 or so songs that will forever give me goosebumps and that means they are SPECIAL musicians
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Wowwww I haven't heard it yet but I am amazed at how split the opinions seem to be so far! Like, more than usual. Absolutely dying to listen.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Actually, the more I listen to it, the more I dislike. Such a stock modern rock song with this cliche bluesy chorus. The riff also doesn't make me move or anything. What happened to Mark - the lord of the riffs? And the mix is just unbearable as well.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Okay, I finally had the opportunity to listen to it. It's not as fast and straight forward as ATP or Show Me A Leader. Myles sounds great during the verses but that long note in the chorus ("heeaaaaaart") kinda drowns within the instrumental. I really like the pre chorus. So overall it's a solid single, it's kinda catchy as well.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

Dolo wrote:Actually, the more I listen to it, the more I dislike. Such a stock modern rock song with this cliche bluesy chorus. The riff also doesn't make me move or anything. What happened to Mark - the lord of the riffs? And the mix is just unbearable as well.
Well shoot i'm already expecting to want to throw something when i hear this mix lol...really hope it's ever so slightly more tolerable. Otherwise I'll just have to go back to listening to music that sounds good and hope these guys eventually push for a better mix. And my gosh...again, it is very much possible to record heavy music without compressing everything. So many examples. I'd give anything for TLH to be produced like Superunknown or Dogman or whatever...you name it. Or heck...Blackbird lol. I just don't understand it. And I've seen countless fans be very vocal about the production and practically begging them to reel it in a bit. So it's not just something coming from a few whiny audiophiles. Plus many reviews of that album in writing or on youtube lament the production

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

But alas I shall wait til i hear it with some good headphones. I guess honestly it's just that i love these guys dearly and that's why hearing grating production really frustrates me heavily. Some other bands i'm rather indifferent to have some bad production but i couldn't care less. I mention it because i care :lol :(

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Probably their weakest first song release out of all the albums I’d say, it’s more of a grower than an instant classic...show me a leader had me hooked right from the off!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So boring. I don't even know where to start... I don't mind a straight-forward single, but there's not a single memorable melody in this song, besides maybe the intro/pre-chorus.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

John3977
Brand New Start

Post by John3977 »

I am not sure why people are so dismayed. I think a majority of AB songs are growers. You have to listen over and over because there is so much going on. I agree that Show me a leader was much catchier but there is alot going on in this song that is cool and it does grow on you. All I can say if reserve judgment until you really analyze it. It took a couple of listens but this just sounds so AB to me and it is a lot cleaner of a sound the TLH from my POV.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

A single can't be a grower guys, you have to be hooked to the song right away