AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by Blackbirddd »

For the people who already heard the song, I need your deep opinions about the single, I feel like I need to read something that could change my mind about the song because I feel trully dissapointed, I'm kinda sad actually and I'm not exaggerating :lol :(

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It’s out on iTunes in New Zealand and other countries.. and it’s like TLH. I never hated that mix but I admit that fortress’ is So much better

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Blackbirddd wrote:For the people who already heard the song, I need your deep opinions about the single, I feel like I need to read something that could change my mind about the song because I feel trully dissapointed, I'm kinda sad actually and I'm not exaggerating :lol :(
I believe it’s a cool song. Great riff, cool solo and bridge. Classic AB single. Hell of a banger

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I mean, depending on your standards, it's a typical post-ABIII single. Catchy, bluesy chorus, Addicted to Pain-esque riffing, regular solo. Kinda wish they could do something different from time to time.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

Now I haven't heard the single yet and am keeping an open mind, this is why I want them to release either a title track epic or slow build proggy epic as the lead single.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Is there anything new? A sample, sound or vibe? Something related to Mark's interview?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

anguyen92 wrote:I would think judgment would be reserved until it is officially out in outlets like Spotify, Youtube (their Youtube channel), etc. before judging sound quality.
It’s on their YouTube in New Zealand lol

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

The intro of the song reminds me a little of the intro of the demo of Buried Alive but a little faster, when the song comes you hear that annoying and dense wave of compressed sound that makes me feel like AAAA, the main riff it's different and cool tho, the verses are nice too in terms of riff and vocals, I can't like the chorus and that's like the main thing about a single :(, I feel like the bridge It's my favorite part of the song but they're just 15 seconds :lol , the solo sounds like a filler and I don't know what to say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa help my heart

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

Song has a strong ABIII and Fortress vibe in my opinion but there are parts I can relate to other albums as well. Love the intro and chorus melody. It's heavy, yet melodic and catchy!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I've only listened through my cellphone speaker and can hear all the compressed crackling noise of The Last Hero... Hoping it sounds better through bigger speakers or headphones. I like the song itself though! Sort of a different sound for an AB riff. Tasty if not slightly basic/generic Tremonti solo. Good for a lead single. Bring on the depth!

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Sounds a lot like driving rain by slash and Myles to me, barring the intro outro and tremontis solo it’s more slash and Myles then mark and Myles, just on my first few listens though

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Really? It doesn’t sound at all like slash and Myles to my hears!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

benjoAB wrote:Sounds a lot like driving rain by slash and Myles to me
Glad I'm not the only one...

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Don't really like the chorus, but the verses and intro riff are great! One thing I'm worried about is Myles' voice though, it's become even squeakier during the high notes (when he sings "heart" at the end)
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Only part that sounds like Slash/Myles is the Chorus. To me at least. That little middle eastern song intro/pre-chorus riff reminds ne of ABIII, and that heavy ass pre-verse riff reminds me of Fortress. After a few listens I love it! That pre-verse riff is a serious head banger!

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

The only part to me that needs the most listens is the chorus. It's really nice once you get used to it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Meh, my VPN isn't able to unlock the YT video.

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

I have not heard it yet, but do we know who wrote this one? Cannot remember if that was in the write up

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

RevenantGB wrote:Don't really like the chorus, but the verses and intro riff are great! One thing I'm worried about is Myles' voice though, it's become even squeakier during the high notes (when he sings "heart" at the end)
Don’t worry we all said the same thing when show me a leader came out, and then the album wasn’t out and there are songs like Thos side of fate, island of fools etc.. where Myles voice is fucking awesome

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Mullet151 wrote:I have not heard it yet, but do we know who wrote this one? Cannot remember if that was in the write up
Sounds very Myles to me!