AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by riemslag1 »

RikJohannsen wrote:On the german amazon site, there is a listed product that says "Walk The Sky" by Alter Bridge. Interestingly the info says it contains 2 CD's. Makes me kinda wonder.

https://www.amazon.de/Walk-Sky-Alter-Br ... way&sr=8-1
Yes, noticed this.
Makes we wonder what that 2nd disc could be. As far as we know 14 tracks were recorded and 14 tracks are on the 1 disc tracklist.
But Amazon screws up occasionally ; they stil have Live In Milan ( currently unavailable) displayed for sale.
So let’s wait and see.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Blackbirddd wrote:So it’s a NA tour with Skillet, but I’m confused... :shifty
Why are you confused?

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

riemslag1 wrote: Yes, noticed this.
Makes we wonder what that 2nd disc could be. As far as we know 14 tracks were recorded and 14 tracks are on the 1 disc tracklist.
But Amazon screws up occasionally ; they stil have Live In Milan ( currently unavailable) displayed for sale.
So let’s wait and see.
Haha, that's still a thing? Okay, well... I guess you can't trust amazon in that regard but that show was never released anyway. AND Walk The Sky will definitely be released, so maybe it's true, who knows

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

edit: nvm

Fortress1988
Brand New Start

Post by Fortress1988 »

10am post on FB
Was about skillet and ab tour ??

Fucking getting hopes high for nothing :slam

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Fortress1988 wrote:10am post on FB
Was about skillet and ab tour ??

Fucking getting hopes high for nothing :slam
Well, that's on you for getting your hopes up. NA people want shows as well for 2019 and this is a pretty good announcement in that front.

Also, I stated this when they said news is coming at 10 AM.
anguyen92 wrote:Now would be a good time for them to announce the US shows they have for 2019 after the listening party.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Kev turning into the concert whisperer.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Surprise, surprise... Another tour in which Maine is ignored. Do bands not know we actually have venues in this state in between the pine trees?
Bangor, Portland, Presque Isle, even Lewiston...

I love this band but driving 6+ hours all the way to Worcester MA can't really happen...

My bellyaching out of the way, I'm still super pumped for Friday!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

VigilantSteve wrote:
Why are you confused?
Why would Skillet do a tour with AB both bands headlining in small venues? I mean I’m not sure but Skillet can play for a lot more people in the States by their own right? They are more known that AB if I’m not mistaken.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Blackbirddd wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
Why are you confused?
Why would Skillet do a tour with AB both bands headlining in small venues? I mean I’m not sure but Skillet can play for a lot more people in the States by their own right? They are more known that AB if I’m not mistaken.
Technically, Skillet is more well-known than AB in the states. It's an interesting thing about Skillet and the venue that they play in. If they are in one of those Christian festival tours, they would be playing arenas, but the tickets would be like around $20.00 and they play for around 45 minutes or so.

That stated, I was a little surprised that when they are playing LA with Sevendust, they are playing at the Wiltern theater (same venue AB has been playing in the last two times they were in LA). They were in Anaheim with Sick Puppies back in 2017 at the City National Grove (AB played there in 2011).

In any case, I've checked the venue's capacity and it does looked to be a bit of a step up from the venues AB would normally play in for their own shows. They filled Playstation Theater in NYC (holds around 2,000) and now they playing in Terminal Five (holds 3,000 people). In their own home base in Orlando, they can play in one HOB show no issues. Now they are doing a back to back. They can do two shows at the Chicago HOB and now they are going be playing in a theater that holds around 3,500 people or so. I think this is going to be a great tour with the bands on it is in the proper venues.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

One, two, FIVE!

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:
gbruin wrote:TT, when things like that go south, you know what you should do? Go play an MTM show in Denver for just one night to get all the aggression out and then you'll feel way better the next day. :rockon

Seriously though, the internet is both the greatest thing in the world and the worst thing in the world at the same time. It's so hard to keep anything a surprise or secret anymore, and I feel for you and all those who put so much time and effort and planning to make this reveal huge only to see some jackass spoil it at the last minute.

But if it's any consolation, at least it has shown that the AB fanbase is on fire for this. Someone joked last winter that a thread dedicated to the new album wouldn't get 7 pages of comments on here before the first single dropped. Well we're on page 28 and still have a week leading up to the single on Friday, even here on TABN where the activity has fallen off in favor of other social media outlets over the years.

In the end, it's all about the music. Alter Bridge has a life of its own that brings the fans to life and that spoilers and leaks can never take away.
Oi! Misquote!

I actually said 5 pages :shifty

But thankfully you created it rather than me and it's been successful. And only one of the pages was moose-based puns this time round, so that's progress. Cariboutiful, even.
I stand corrected. Five.

See? Between that error and me initially calling this thread AB IV and getting publicly shamed by Kevin, the gig was just too big for me.

It should have been U...bik.

Moose.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Good to see Tim still lurks in the shadows. :)

AB III was the first AB album release I experienced as a fan so it holds a special place for me.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

fix wrote:Good to see Tim still lurks in the shadows. :)

AB III was the first AB album release I experienced as a fan so it holds a special place for me.
Me too!

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

RikJohannsen wrote:
fix wrote:Good to see Tim still lurks in the shadows. :)

Me too!
Same here. I had One Day Remains when it first came out because I liked the radio singles but didn't listen to it that often. I kept hearing great things online about the Blackbird album so I checked it out.

Once I did I was hooked, I listened to that and One Day Remains a lot and was pumped for ABIII. I've been a huge fan ever since!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

RikJohannsen wrote:
fix wrote: AB III was the first AB album release I experienced as a fan so it holds a special place for me.
Me too!
Me three! (III?)

I saw Edge come out to Metalingus on Monday Night Raw every week and never thought much of it... A friend let me borrow Blackbird, knowing I liked Creed. Immediately I went back and discovered One Day Remains and that "On This Day" song from WWE.

THEN AB III was released shortly before Christmas that and I received it under the tree. Not sure how it could be anyone's least favorite Alter Bridge record.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I started lurking here around the AB3 release. Initially my favorite song was Make It Right because of the melody! I discovered Blackbird (the song) a few months because AB3 dropped, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

That first lead up to release tends to make that record a persons favorite just due to nostalgia. I was put on to them when someone posted a link to the video for Open Your Eyes on a fucking Nickelback forum, lmao. Watched that video and immediately searched out this site. That was mid 2007 and I was just in time to board the Blackbird hype train, so it’s always been my favorite album.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I found this place in 2009 when Creed was getting back together. Really friendly place at the time... :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I've been a fan since ODR release day 2004. But I didn't discover this place until the ABIII tour cycle.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Great to hear all your stories!

I discovered AB on YouTube with the White Knuckles live in Amsterdam and was blown away by the ‘different’ style and interesting riffs.
Then got on the ABIII hype train when I found this forum. When that (or any other) album didn’t disappoint it was set.

As always curious what the next chapter will bring. :)