Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Marshall
White Knuckled

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by Marshall »

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Oooo songwriting this time around too?? Sounds cool
Thanks Timo!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2019

Post by TTournier »

anguyen92 wrote:Honestly, I want them to tour with bands that are not relatively known on radio outlets like Octane. I feel like the support bands that AB has in the last tour are bands that have been getting more coverage on Octane or Turbo than AB. Adelitas Way. Nonpoint. All That Remains. I don't think that's right. That the band that's the clear headliner has support bands that gets more radio plays than them. Let's not go that way for this album cycle.

That stated, in terms of named bands I want to see them tour with (and this would be co-headlining at best)? I already asked if Skillet and AB can tour together. I think that would go well. AB and Sevendust is another solid option. Other than that, just chuck two bands that can be tolerable enough that doesn't have too much of a name value and give AB their usual 100-110 minute set time and everything will go fine. Make that happen, Tim.

On it boss.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2019

Post by anguyen92 »

TTournier wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Honestly, I want them to tour with bands that are not relatively known on radio outlets like Octane. I feel like the support bands that AB has in the last tour are bands that have been getting more coverage on Octane or Turbo than AB. Adelitas Way. Nonpoint. All That Remains. I don't think that's right. That the band that's the clear headliner has support bands that gets more radio plays than them. Let's not go that way for this album cycle.

That stated, in terms of named bands I want to see them tour with (and this would be co-headlining at best)? I already asked if Skillet and AB can tour together. I think that would go well. AB and Sevendust is another solid option. Other than that, just chuck two bands that can be tolerable enough that doesn't have too much of a name value and give AB their usual 100-110 minute set time and everything will go fine. Make that happen, Tim.

On it boss.
Oh fudge, I didn't think you actually would read this. I just want to say thank you for pitching the idea for the Royal Albert Hall shows to the band. Those were some great shows and a great DVD and I hope they play shows of that length (two hours plus) again in the future (whether it is with an orchestra or not).

Also, by any chance, has the event time for the listening party been set yet on September 17th? Going to be flying in on the same day, and I just want to buy my plane tickets at the right time.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Just one headlining show in Maine is all I ask! Portland or Bangor, it doesn't matter where. I'll be there!

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

I'm hoping they come back to the Chicago area this fall!

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

Hiho, does anyone know if AB also tours with Shinedown and The Raven Age in Germany and not just for instance in the UK?
Can't wait for the tour and the album, Shinedown as support would be a fantastic bonus :peace :rockon

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Mr.Vlado wrote:Hiho, does anyone know if AB also tours with Shinedown and The Raven Age in Germany and not just for instance in the UK?
Can't wait for the tour and the album, Shinedown as support would be a fantastic bonus :peace :rockon
Raven age is just for the European dates with shinedown. sevendust will just be for the UK arena tour!

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

benjoAB wrote:
Mr.Vlado wrote:Hiho, does anyone know if AB also tours with Shinedown and The Raven Age in Germany and not just for instance in the UK?
Raven age is just for the European dates with shinedown. sevendust will just be for the UK arena tour!
Thanks!
Man, it's going to be awesome...

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

BOOOM, I FRIKEN CALLED IT BABY! AB and Skillet. Nicely done.

It's a shame Skillet is doing an LA show with Sevendust. I wouldn't mind seeing this bill in a venue like Hollywood Palladium.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Holy shit! I might actually have to travel for this one!

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I noticed that there are 2 different versions of that poster...one with Skillet's name first and one with Alter Bridge's name first, so am I wrong to be assuming that this is a double headlining tour?

This also bodes well for the increased production that Tim mentioned when it comes to the live shows, as Skillet's has always been among the best I've ever seen.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

This is a Co-headling tour. It’s dubbed Victorious Sky tour. Similar to Skillet’s tour with Sevendust called Victorious War tour.

Edit: Loudwire confirms it is co-headlining and have a poster with both bands on the same line.

https://loudwire.com/skillet-alter-brid ... 2019-tour/

Last edited by anguyen92 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:BOOOM, I FRIKEN CALLED IT BABY! AB and Skillet. Nicely done.

It's a shame Skillet is doing an LA show with Sevendust. I wouldn't mind seeing this bill in a venue like Hollywood Palladium.
Damn Kev, TimTim got on your request pretty freakin’ quick! #Kev4Mod

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:BOOOM, I FRIKEN CALLED IT BABY! AB and Skillet. Nicely done.

Damn Kev, TimTim got on your request pretty freakin’ quick! #Kev4Mod
My true request is actually AB doing a tour with no openers or other bands and play 2.5 hour sets, but I got to be realistic in that there's a high chance that's not happening. This co-headlining tour with Skillet is pretty good though and I think it's going to bode well for both bands that have albums coming out this year.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Headed to St Louis. I have that day off (thank you Columbus). May have to do the guitar clinic this time around
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Kev4Manager
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:Kev4Manager
No, no, no. Tim is doing a great job of doing that as evident as the tours we are seeing being announced. I rather settle for being a mod here than take on that responsibility as management.

Note: Please don't make me a mod, TABN. :D