Alter Bridge Walk the Sky / Victorious Sky US Tour 2019

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge Walk the Sky Tour 2019

Post by Silvercreed »

The tickets here, in Portugal, will cost 32€ like the other two shows in 2013/17

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Silvercreed wrote:The tickets here, in Portugal, will cost 32€ like the other two shows in 2013/17
Holy shit, that's quite a jump. Is the venue any good? The Warsaw gig is in a regular volleyball/athletic/baskeball type of hall.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Dolo wrote:
Silvercreed wrote:The tickets here, in Portugal, will cost 32€ like the other two shows in 2013/17
Holy shit, that's quite a jump. Is the venue any good? The Warsaw gig is in a regular volleyball/athletic/baskeball type of hall.
In general, the prices here for concerts are around the 35/45€. It can be more or less expensive, depending on the venue and artists.

The venue is great, good acoustics, probably one of the oldest concert halls in Lisbon (Lisbon coliseum). But this time the show will be in another place, unfortunately. It looks more like a "basketball hall"(an ugly one), although the acoustics are not bad.

I just hope they improve the sound because in both concerts the sound was really bad.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

For some reason I can't find the prices for the Cologne gig. Maybe some fellow German can help out?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

The people demand Cradle To The Grave on this tour!

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Mr. Slash wrote:For some reason I can't find the prices for the Cologne gig. Maybe some fellow German can help out?
Not German but living in Austria last few years and I can't figure out the price for Vienna either. Well, we'll see the price at 21.06.2019 - 10:00 :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

UninvitedZero wrote:The people demand Cradle To The Grave on this tour!
:fingerwag :no :shifty
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AHart96 wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:The people demand Cradle To The Grave on this tour!
:fingerwag :no :shifty
It's like now that they have finally played Words Darker Than their Wings and documented it in a DVD, this will be the next song that the fans wished they play live. I'm more partial to Fallout or Twilight, but people saw those as filler in those respective albums and I don't think the band is going to play those anyway, but one can dream.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Oh I love Twilight, it has a light in it that makes it special, like a 'sun after rain' kinda song

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Cradle to the grave, Twilight and Fallout are good choices. But, honestly, any song they don't usually play is welcome.
(Don't know how fans/band do not get bored to hear/play the same songs a million times?)

I would love to hear something like this:

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

This feeds my desire for an acoustic leg of touring in this album cycle. So many great songs in their catalogue just scream for such a performance. And that would justify another live-album ; otherwise after two live-albums just another live-album again perhaps would be too much. But a nice package Alter Bridge Live & Acoustic !? After the orchestra that’s still open on the to-do-list.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Mr. Slash wrote:For some reason I can't find the prices for the Cologne gig. Maybe some fellow German can help out?
It's €62,something. Even more expensive than Amsterdam which costs €61,10.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RoelSmoel wrote:
It's €62,something. Even more expensive than Amsterdam which costs €61,10.
Thanks. Well, it's quite a lot, but still affordable.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's not physics

Post by gbruin »

Math:

£52/ticket x 15,000 tickets/London (at least) O2 show = why AB tours in Europe more than the US
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Re: It's not physics

Post by AngusWolfe »

gbruin wrote:Math:

£52/ticket x 15,000 tickets/London (at least) O2 show = why AB tours in Europe more than the US
You also need a bigger rig and more crew for arena shows. I know AB have a B rig for their flyaway shows, I don't know if they have to fly it over or if it stays in storage in Europe, but even if it does stay here things like guitars the artist usually has a personal preference so they will fly those out. Not to say they won't be making more money doing arenas, they'll be getting good money, but considering last time AB played the O2 they closed off the upper bowl, I do wonder how much more.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: It's not physics

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote:Math:

If setlist.fm is correct, during the Last Hero tour, it looks like they've played around 60+ shows in Europe (including festival sets). In North America, the count is around 60 shows as well. It just looks like AB tours more in Europe than the states before Europe is usually the first leg of the tour and the continent that hosts bigger venues and where AB gets better placement in festivals.

On the other hand, I love being in concerts in venues that holds around 1,500-2,000 than arenas. Sure, the feet aches a lot standing for like six hours straight waiting in line outside, waiting for the next band inside, etc. but I just feel like I have more overall fun being in venues like the Wiltern Theater/House of Blues than the Forum. Tickets are cheaper as well. £52 equates to $65.00. $65.00 was the price for GA for Slash's LA show at the Hollywood Palladium. I think it was also the price for Disturbed's GA section at the Forum back in January.

If I had to guess the price for a typical GA seat for AB when they come back to the states, it will be around $40-50 fees included. A similar price to what Switchfoot, Within Temptation, Sevendust/Skillet is charging at the Wiltern Theater and I've been to two of those shows so far and they were tremendous and I will say it's because the venue is smaller has to do with that. I don't think I would have as much fun in those shows if it took place in an arena in comparison to the Wiltern.

I think it would be the same for AB. Myles delivered the greatest set that I have seen and he was playing in front of only 500 people and tickets were $26.00 and this dude has been playing in those big venues in Europe with great bands and yet he was having the time of his life playing in front of a small crowd.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

In Switzerland, the will play in an venue that holds around 3'500 people. The price is CHF 75.00. Regarding the standard of Switzerland, I think it's a fair price for a concert that includes Alter Bridge and Shinedown.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

Just got my UK Arena tickets (Birmingham), including fees = £54 per ticket. I'd rather see AB in a smaller venue; I saw Slash et al in February, 3,000-3,500 capacity... absolutely great to be somewhere that size. I'm still absolutely thrilled to be seeing AB live again though... bring it on!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Will buy tickets tomorrow for Amsterdam. Will be goiing with the complete family, celebrating my oldest daughters birthday that evening (and her favorite band = Shinedown !) It will be in AFAS-live, formerly known as Heineken Music Hall, the venue from the LFA-dvd. Saw them the last few years also a lot in smaller venues. As much as I hope my favorite band to be succesfull and grow in popularity, I myself enjoy more seeing them in the more intimate smaller venues of about 2000-3000 heads. So that's a double feeling, wanting them to be succesfull and sell out larger venues vs. enjoying them more in smaller venues.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

riemslag1 wrote:Will buy tickets tomorrow for Amsterdam. Will be goiing with the complete family, celebrating my oldest daughters birthday that evening (and her favorite band = Shinedown !) It will be in AFAS-live, formerly known as Heineken Music Hall, the venue from the LFA-dvd. Saw them the last few years also a lot in smaller venues. As much as I hope my favorite band to be succesfull and grow in popularity, I myself enjoy more seeing them in the more intimate smaller venues of about 2000-3000 heads. So that's a double feeling, wanting them to be succesfull and sell out larger venues vs. enjoying them more in smaller venues.
Sounds great!