AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by peapod0609 »

Vaux wrote:Yeah that cover is great. Probably my favorite, next to Blackbird. Song titles are cool too.

Any guess as to which songs are Myles or Mark from the titles? To me, it kind of looks like the first 7 songs are Myles songs, and the last 7 are Mark.
I like the cover too, but I also liked the artwork a lot that was on that tour poster. This cover looks beautiful though, I'm very intrigued to hear more about this album.

I am also excited to hear Mark is returning on lead vocals for part of a song! I just hope his backing vocals aren't buried in the mix like TLH and that I can actually hear them.

Also, I kind of agree, it sounds like the first half of the songs are more Myles and the second half is more Mark haha. It will be interesting to see who wrote each song.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Hey all, been a while. Wanted to pop in and say Hi and that I'm insanely stoked for the new album. Cover looks great, song list looks great, everything looks great.
Wooooo AB!
:yeahthat

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Woop at the Mark verse Myles chorus!

Boo that I delayed my lunch till 3 for the news and it turns out it had already been published before I even got to work :lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Mods - want to rename the thread?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

A new Alter Bridge single on my birthday (28th) sounds pretty damn cool too!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looks like the album is going to be only one hour long according to the Napalm Record Vinyl which means the average song length per song is less than 5 minutes, as oppose to the other two albums both averaging over 5 minutes a song. Side A looks really short though. Average less than 4 minutes a song if the math is right.

https://napalmrecords.com/english/alter ... re=deutsch

LP
SIDE A (running time 17:36 )
01. One Life
02. Wouldn‘t You Rather
03. In The Deep
04. Godspeed
05. Native Son

SIDE B (running time 22:41 )
01. Take The Crown
02. Indoctriniation
03. The Bitter End
04. Pay No Mind
05. Forever Calling

SIDE C (running time 20:12 )
01. Clear Horizon
02. Walking On The Sky
03. Tear Us Apart
04. Dying Light

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Mods - want to rename the thread?
This forum has no mods

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

anguyen92 wrote:Looks like the album is going to be only one hour long according to the Napalm Record Vinyl which means the average song length per song is less than 5 minutes, as oppose to the other two albums both averaging over 5 minutes a song. Side A looks really short though. Average less than 4 minutes a song if the math is right.

https://napalmrecords.com/english/alter ... re=deutsch

LP
SIDE A (running time 17:36 )
01. One Life
02. Wouldn‘t You Rather
03. In The Deep
04. Godspeed
05. Native Son

SIDE B (running time 22:41 )
01. Take The Crown
02. Indoctriniation
03. The Bitter End
04. Pay No Mind
05. Forever Calling

SIDE C (running time 20:12 )
01. Clear Horizon
02. Walking On The Sky
03. Tear Us Apart
04. Dying Light
That’s pretty disappointing :(
But we should keep in mind that there is a strong possibility that one of the songs is an instrumental (that could be short). And maybe another one is a shorter one like more moody.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Indoctrinaaaaatioooon
Brings you to the end

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

A new take on the birds. Love it. :cloud9

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

I really like the album cover. Kind of like a fresh take on the Blackbird vibe. Also, the track list seems like they're drifting away from the political themes of TLH and back into faith/belief-based themes like AB3, which I'd totally be fine with. Anyway, it's really starting to come together now. I can't wait!
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

John3977
Brand New Start

Post by John3977 »

I read that they excluded Elvis from the recording process. I’m a little worried about this. I loved Fortress, to me it was their best as well as blackbird and TLH. I’m hoping this doesn’t seriously alter their creative direction. Not that I mind some slower stuff but they have been getting heavier and more melodic since their beginning. Not a huge fan of ODR but their are some good tunes.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

John3977 wrote:I read that they excluded Elvis from the recording process. I’m a little worried about this. I loved Fortress, to me it was their best as well as blackbird and TLH. I’m hoping this doesn’t seriously alter their creative direction. Not that I mind some slower stuff but they have been getting heavier and more melodic since their beginning. Not a huge fan of ODR but their are some good tunes.
Where did you read this? He was the producer, so it would be odd to exclude him from recording...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

John3977 wrote:I read that they excluded Elvis from the recording process. I’m a little worried about this. I loved Fortress, to me it was their best as well as blackbird and TLH. I’m hoping this doesn’t seriously alter their creative direction. Not that I mind some slower stuff but they have been getting heavier and more melodic since their beginning. Not a huge fan of ODR but their are some good tunes.
Elvis is still the main producer for this album, as usual, and for a fair amount of people, the idea of Elvis not fiddling around too heavily on the layering can only be a great thing. Besides, these guys have always had full control of where they wanted to go creatively, whether Elvis is going to be the producer or not, and if they want to go a different approach than The Last Hero, then so be it. Got to mix things up to keep themselves motivated and chase for something when it comes to their music.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Yeah I’m going to need your source here, bud.

John3977
Brand New Start

Post by John3977 »

The follow-up to 2016’s The Last Hero was recorded differently from the band’s previous material, with vocalist Myles Kennedy and guitarist Mark Tremonti entering the studio with complete song ideas. These were then moulded into shape by the duo along with bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips.

On previous albums Kennedy and Tremonti would combine ideas and riffs with producer Michael ‘Elvis’ Baskette to form some of the band’s most best-loved tracks.

I understand that. I really have loved the stuff from these guys. I don’t understand why people hate that he mixes things with layers the way he does. I think if you look back at the albums before fortress such as III it had a much more stripped down sound to it. To me new alter bridge is fantastic news. I don’t mean to be the new guy to step on anyone’s toes but reading some of the posts on the forum it seems like some take real issue with his involvement which I don’t understand. To me without him they would sound like Creed and ODR. I’m not a huge fan of Myles work with slash and except say a song or two. Mayfield was cool. His solo album was ok. I don’t want to feel like im listening to a conspirators and slash album.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

I'm putting a lot of dots for emphasis

Post by anguyen92 »

John3977 wrote:I understand that. I really have loved the stuff from these guys. I don’t understand why people hate that he mixes things with layers the way he does. I think if you look back at the albums before fortress such as III it had a much more stripped down sound to it. To me new alter bridge is fantastic news. I don’t mean to be the new guy to step on anyone’s toes but reading some of the posts on the forum it seems like some take real issue with his involvement which I don’t understand. To me without him they would sound like Creed and ODR. I’m not a huge fan of Myles work with slash and except say a song or two. Mayfield was cool. His solo album was ok. I don’t want to feel like im listening to a conspirators and slash album.
Which the last two Slash/Myles/Conspirators albums was also produced by Elvis...............................................................................

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

One of the t shirts on the Napalm site has a logo that looks a little too similar to the SS one...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: I'm putting a lot of dots for emphasis

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:
John3977 wrote:I understand that. I really have loved the stuff from these guys. I don’t understand why people hate that he mixes things with layers the way he does. I think if you look back at the albums before fortress such as III it had a much more stripped down sound to it. To me new alter bridge is fantastic news. I don’t mean to be the new guy to step on anyone’s toes but reading some of the posts on the forum it seems like some take real issue with his involvement which I don’t understand. To me without him they would sound like Creed and ODR. I’m not a huge fan of Myles work with slash and except say a song or two. Mayfield was cool. His solo album was ok. I don’t want to feel like im listening to a conspirators and slash album.
Which the last two Slash/Myles/Conspirators albums was also produced by Elvis...............................................................................
Year Of The Tiger as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.