Performance Videos

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Performance Videos

Post by Crumbso »

AHart96 wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
Nice!! I love the production on this. Too many videos are just a dude in front of a shitty webcam with his head cut off. Have you thought about putting vocals to it as well?
Thanks dude! Starting to get back into making these now that I have a bit of actual production quality. Didn’t do vocals with this one because I don’t have the chops and don’t have many friends into this music who do. Recorded Dust as well that same day, but my next project is Achilles and I’m hoping to have vocals on that, if not full band
Excellent playing there. It's not an easy song at all either, much harder than its poppy nature makes it seem.

I'd be happy to contribute vox if you need someone.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

TenaciousBe wrote:This one is a couple years old, but one of my favorites -- doing a cover of John Corabi's song "If I Had a Dime" (from his Unplugged album a few years back) at an open mic in Minneapolis.

*EDIT* You know, listening back to this, I actually played it much faster than I do nowadays. It's funny how songs change and evolve over the years, even if it's your cover of someone else's song.

Quoting myself, because I got an updated version of this song last week and I want to have them side by side for comparison. :)

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:This one is a couple years old, but one of my favorites -- doing a cover of John Corabi's song "If I Had a Dime" (from his Unplugged album a few years back) at an open mic in Minneapolis.

*EDIT* You know, listening back to this, I actually played it much faster than I do nowadays. It's funny how songs change and evolve over the years, even if it's your cover of someone else's song.

Quoting myself, because I got an updated version of this song last week and I want to have them side by side for comparison. :)

It's great man. You seem to have grown in confidence with your stage presence too.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

New live acoustic video from my band:

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote:It's great man. You seem to have grown in confidence with your stage presence too.
Thank you! I've heard that from a couple different places. It's nice when you don't really get nervous to play anymore, you just get excited. :yes

And dig your new video here too! Very nice :)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AHart96 wrote:
Dude, nice!! I'm loving these videos.

On a side note, I also love the guitar, and the playing of said guitar with autographs on it. Did you do anything to protect the signatures? I have a Tremonti SE (the older style) signed by the band as well, and I sort of messed it up a few years ago by trying to apply a layer of clear coat over the top, but being young and dumb, I grabbed matte finish and now I have a big spot across the guitar that doesn't really shine like it should. Not that noticeable from a distance, but still annoying.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TenaciousBe wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
Dude, nice!! I'm loving these videos.

On a side note, I also love the guitar, and the playing of said guitar with autographs on it. Did you do anything to protect the signatures? I have a Tremonti SE (the older style) signed by the band as well, and I sort of messed it up a few years ago by trying to apply a layer of clear coat over the top, but being young and dumb, I grabbed matte finish and now I have a big spot across the guitar that doesn't really shine like it should. Not that noticeable from a distance, but still annoying.
Thanks man! Plenty more coming in the near future.

As far as the guitar, I haven’t done anything to protect the signatures outside of avoiding resting my arm on the those spots and cleaning/polishing around those signatures. Has worked out alright for me so far, though my B-Marsh sig has faded a good bit. Mark’s signature is the oldest and at a great spot to avoid fading, which is what matters most to me
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Playing this Saturday night at a local brewery. Excited! Glad it won't be outdoors this time...

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

TenaciousBe wrote:Playing this Saturday night at a local brewery. Excited! Glad it won't be outdoors this time...

Your voice is sounding really solid on this one dude! And props for playing in bad weather. Back when I did marching band in high school we had to perform in cold rain one time, it was such a miserable experience. My hands were almost numb by the time we were done.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Jaded Rescue wrote: Your voice is sounding really solid on this one dude! And props for playing in bad weather. Back when I did marching band in high school we had to perform in cold rain one time, it was such a miserable experience. My hands were almost numb by the time we were done.
Thanks man! Yeah, the weather wasn't so terrible in this one, just a bit windy (which makes the camera audio crap out here and there), but it was a nice setup. I was opening up for a local cover band that I've gotten to be pretty good friends with, and they had a nice audio setup with a pro running sound for everyone, so that made it extra easy. Performing in cold rain sounds miserable!

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

TenaciousBe wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote: Your voice is sounding really solid on this one dude! And props for playing in bad weather. Back when I did marching band in high school we had to perform in cold rain one time, it was such a miserable experience. My hands were almost numb by the time we were done.
Thanks man! Yeah, the weather wasn't so terrible in this one, just a bit windy (which makes the camera audio crap out here and there), but it was a nice setup. I was opening up for a local cover band that I've gotten to be pretty good friends with, and they had a nice audio setup with a pro running sound for everyone, so that made it extra easy. Performing in cold rain sounds miserable!
Nice! It's always great when you have a nice audio setup like that.

And yeah dude, the worst part was wearing the gloves for the uniform. They got soaked from the rain, which just made my hands colder. Crazy to think that was roughly 10 years ago now. Time flies. It was a great experience though.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So I've recently started playing this song out in public, and I'm still not fully sure about it. On one hand, it's a song that always seems to pique people's interest and they seem to really enjoy it, which is probably the biggest thing. On the other hand... well, I always intro the song by saying something like "I've always enjoyed singing this song at home, or around the campfire, but I was never too sure about playing it out in public as I'm not sure I have the vocal range for it. But... let's do it anyway!"

(This one is from a couple weeks ago -- I played it again this past Friday night and I feel like I hit the higher notes a little better than I did on this one, just didn't get video of it. I'm sure it'll get a little easier the more I do it!)

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I haven't been out playing much lately (haven't been practicing nearly enough lately either, winter hibernation mode), but here's one of my favorites to play from nearly a year ago:

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Love that song. The chords sound beautiful. Nicely done!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Thank you! :) Yeah, it's a hell of a song, and I love how this video looks with the rain and lightning in the background.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Another older video, but here's one of my original tunes called Nothing's Trivial. 10 points to whoever gets the movie reference. :)

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Had my first gig with a jazz and blues covers band last night. Never have I had to play so many long-ass guitar solos in a gig :lol . Quite intimidating. Here's a selection of stuff:

I'd Rather Be Blind - Etta James

Moanin' - Bobby Timmons

Riviera Paradise - Stevie Ray Vaughan

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote:Had my first gig with a jazz and blues covers band last night. Never have I had to play so many long-ass guitar solos in a gig :lol . Quite intimidating.
Damn, nice playing! That Stevie song seems like one where you're up there playing your ass off, and everybody in the joint is just talking to themselves not noticing, like the world's greatest violinist playing in the subway and nobody pays attention. Although maybe that's a blessing too, if it takes some of the pressure off. Haha. Nicely done!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote:
Crumbso wrote:Had my first gig with a jazz and blues covers band last night. Never have I had to play so many long-ass guitar solos in a gig :lol . Quite intimidating.
Damn, nice playing! That Stevie song seems like one where you're up there playing your ass off, and everybody in the joint is just talking to themselves not noticing, like the world's greatest violinist playing in the subway and nobody pays attention. Although maybe that's a blessing too, if it takes some of the pressure off. Haha. Nicely done!
:lol Thank you for your kind words. Riviera Paradise is really one of those self-indulgences that the punters aren't interested in but it keeps us in the band happy and challenged. The audience prefers stuff with words and more of a beat. We get pretty obscure with this set but pepper it with some very well known stuff too.

I did muff-up and hit massive clangers throughout the set though. These 3 are just the best ones.
Last edited by Crumbso on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.