I made a version of Words Darker Than Their Wings with the Orchestra higher in the mix (from Live At The Royal Albert)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Birdy
Brand New Start

I made a version of Words Darker Than Their Wings with the Orchestra higher in the mix (from Live At The Royal Albert)

Post by Birdy »

I know a lot of fans complained or just wished they could hear the orchestra better, so I took the "orchestra only" version of the song, which was posted on YouTube, and mixed it back with the original performance.
Hopefully I got the sync perfect (or close enough).

I want to upload it for you guys to enjoy, but I don't know if it's legally allowed.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: I made a version of Words Darker Than Their Wings with the Orchestra higher in the mix (from Live At The Royal Alber

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Nicely done. I started this once, spent about five minutes on it, then had to stop and do something else and completely forgot about it.

If you have the raw aup file as well that would be killer! I was thinking about compressing the dynamics of the orchestral audio mix so some parts aren't noticeably louder than others.

Anyway, I don't know what or what isn't legally allowed, but I'm sure that some PM's may be flowing your way (and not pre-menstruation).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: I made a version of Words Darker Than Their Wings with the Orchestra higher in the mix (from Live At The Royal Alber

Post by gbruin »

They say that it's easier to ask forgiveness than ask for permission, but life with my 16 y/o son is proving this a terrible philosophy on a weekly basis. Hopefully the powers that be will let you share the remix here. I'd love to hear it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: I AM NOT A MOD

Post by Andy92 »

I’d give you permission.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Rhiley
Brand New Start

Post by Rhiley »

it will be fine!

merces
Brand New Start

Post by merces »

Please upload it here, or send me a PM, really looking forward to hear more of the orchestra mixed with AB

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Birdy wrote:I know a lot of fans complained or just wished they could hear the orchestra better, so I took the "orchestra only" version of the song, which was posted on YouTube, and mixed it back with the original performance.

I want to upload it for you guys to enjoy, but I don't know if it's legally allowed.

Am i the only one here who can hear the orchestra perfectly especially in this song where its very noticeable ? My question how are you listening to this ? Through headphones its super noticeable and im honestly not sure how anyone couldn't notice

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

Birdy wrote:I know a lot of fans complained or just wished they could hear the orchestra better, so I took the "orchestra only" version of the song, which was posted on YouTube, and mixed it back with the original performance.

It was never a problem for me especially in this song, this sounds a bit to busy now

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

LosingPatience wrote:

It was never a problem for me especially in this song, this sounds a bit to busy now
Does that mean he sent it to you? He never contributed to this thread again, so I wasn't sure if he left y'all hangin'.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

This clip was posted a few weeks ago.
I actually prefer this version than the original one.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

That used to be on YouTube before the home video release. I wonder why the re-upload.

And the OP was talking about taking the studio version of the track and including the orchestra.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

I would love to hear this!!! If there's any way to hear this please let me know haha