A Dying Machine - Tour 2018

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: A Dying Machine - Tour 2018

Post by VigilantSteve »

austin. wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:That set list is amazing. Not a single song on it that isn't great. Day one buy for me.

Agreed minus the first the last.

Who thought that was a good idea over a lot like sin/make it hurt?

I wish they’d film in the US. I rock the fuck out
Oh yeah, Make It Hurt should have definitely been in this list too, though I don't know if I would have replaced The First The Last for it, I love that song.

Can't agree with you at all about A Lot Like Sin though, that is easily one of my least liked Tremonti songs... It does nothing for me.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Hope it will be a full boxset, cd included. Or perhaps a nice earbook.....................
I’m seeing them next sunday in Antwerp, so I’ll ask them the ins and outs about this.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I would’ve swapped Make It Hurt for Traipse. I like Traipse but it’s not a song I’m itching to hear live.

Great setlist though. Has a lot of really good stuff.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Andy92 wrote:I would’ve swapped Make It Hurt for Traipse. I like Traipse but it’s not a song I’m itching to hear live.

Great setlist though. Has a lot of really good stuff.
:yeahthat

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Btw, interestingly they put So You're Afraid into the setlist. It always seems to me that Mark struggles a lot during the verses trying to sing it the calm, low register way he does on the record.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

Shocked and upset they are sold out of both Flint, MI show tickets already - if anyone has any spare tickets they want to sell or knows a thread on here I can go to to get two tickets that would be awesome :/

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Agreed Lenny, I need 3 but I didn't get to it in time :(
Thanks Timo!

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

Dvd live of Tremonti or only video for this single?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Agreed Lenny, I need 3 but I didn't get to it in time :(
Just looked at the capacity of that show. Only 550 people. Two of those means 1,100 tickets available. I mean Tremonti can probably fill one show at the Machine Shop by themselves. You would think a Sevendust/Tremonti pairing would give them more credibility to play in a venue that can fill around 1,500 people.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Just tried to buy two tickets for Greensboro next week. Sold out. Man.... I’m like. Down and out. So bummed.

If anyone has Greensboro tickets I can PayPal the money...

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

austin. wrote:Just tried to buy two tickets for Greensboro next week. Sold out. Man.... I’m like. Down and out. So bummed.

If anyone has Greensboro tickets I can PayPal the money...
So glad I bought my tickets for that a couple of weeks ago. I was going to wait but I know that place is kinda small.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I’m a pretty good internet searcher, and I can’t find a pair of tickets anywhere at all. eBay, Craigslist Greensboro, Craigslist anywhere.....

Sucks so bad.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

anguyen92 wrote:
Just looked at the capacity of that show. Only 550 people. Two of those means 1,100 tickets available. I mean Tremonti can probably fill one show at the Machine Shop by themselves. You would think a Sevendust/Tremonti pairing would give them more credibility to play in a venue that can fill around 1,500 people.
Honestly I didn't think it would be an issue. Normally you hear about shows selling out much closer to the actual show, at least at this level. I've waited a month before previously for Alter Bridge and Tremonti and never had an issue until now. It suckssss.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Lenishere wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
Honestly I didn't think it would be an issue. Normally you hear about shows selling out much closer to the actual show, at least at this level. I've waited a month before previously for Alter Bridge and Tremonti and never had an issue until now. It suckssss.
I don't even know why anyone would wait until the month before to get a ticket. If someone was really committed to going to the show on this date, people should have gotten the ticket around the week the tickets go on sale. That's been the cases for me around the times I got tickets for Myles, Iron Maiden, Chris Cornell tribute show, and Switchfoot. The day tickets go on sale, mad dash my way to get a ticket. No mercy, etc.

Although, in one of the shows I'm going to, Nothing More, I bought the tickets probably around one month after it was on sale for $40.00 in December. Then, one month later, I found out that Ticketmaster had that show listed for their Holiday Hangover sale and got the refund for $40.00 for the ticket and then bought it again for $25.00.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

anguyen92 wrote:
Lenishere wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
I don't even know why anyone would wait until the month before to get a ticket. If someone was really committed to going to the show on this date, people should have gotten the ticket around the week the tickets go on sale. That's been the cases for me around the times I got tickets for Myles, Iron Maiden, Chris Cornell tribute show, and Switchfoot. The day tickets go on sale, mad dash my way to get a ticket. No mercy, etc.

Although, in one of the shows I'm going to, Nothing More, I bought the tickets probably around one month after it was on sale for $40.00 in December. Then, one month later, I found out that Ticketmaster had that show listed for their Holiday Hangover sale and got the refund for $40.00 for the ticket and then bought it again for $25.00.
Some people wait because as much as they want to go life can get in the way whether it be not knowing if you can get off from work or maybe just not having the money right then. Not to mention a lot of shows don't actually sell out.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Going to a show costs about a hundred bucks easy after gas food etc. and that’s if you drive home the same bight. I always do.

I always wait A because I never have the spare cash the three days they go on sale after tour is announced, B, I’ve seen Tremonti in front of maybe 200 people before. A tremonti show selling out in the states? East coast? Yeah right!!!

But, it happened I guess. Live and learn. Can’t believe I’d planned to go to a show two hours from my house and can’t bexause it’s sold out. I’d have called you crazy had you presented this scenario to me.

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

austin. wrote:Going to a show costs about a hundred bucks easy after gas food etc. and that’s if you drive home the same bight. I always do.

I always wait A because I never have the spare cash the three days they go on sale after tour is announced, B, I’ve seen Tremonti in front of maybe 200 people before. A tremonti show selling out in the states? East coast? Yeah right!!!

But, it happened I guess. Live and learn. Can’t believe I’d planned to go to a show two hours from my house and can’t bexause it’s sold out. I’d have called you crazy had you presented this scenario to me.
This, exactly this. Life gets in the way a lot. Due to work, family, other commitments, etc, it's difficult for me to know for sure if I'm able to go until a month or so before a show. I am very dedicated to my favorite bands but I have to make sure I'm able to go before I spend my money. And yeah, I honestly never expected them to sell out because they don't usually. Tremonti isn't the biggest band in the states and I didn't think Sevendust was either. I've never had this happen before so there was really no precedent to know I had to buy early on. It just sucks because if I have the ability to go and support my favorite artists I want to...

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Exactly ^^

I have probably 5, 7 Tremonti shirts between me and my ole lady, 3 setlists on the wall, a signed shirt, signed PRS Tremonti, various guitar picks from shows, met the man a handful of times...

Can’t even get two twenty dollar tickets to support him more.

Sucks ballz

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Marshall wrote:
Well, it looks like it adapted the Cradle to the Grave video concept and added black and white footage (solid proshot footage, I might add) and put the studio version over the video. At least, Throw Them to the Lions is a regularly played song in the headlining shows for this tour so at least, you can try to better attempt to sync the video with the sound. I still yearn for that live DVD though.