What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, after a few days off, I'm back to listening to new albums now. I got a lot in the queue for to pick so far. Let's start with this one.

Fever 333's Strength in Numb333rs album. The first album released in 2019 that I have listened to. So I've been hearing this band on Octane from time to time, they look to have some promise. I hear shades of RATM's Zack de la Rocha in the lead vocalist and I think it would make sense given the music and the lyrical content that Fever 333 can bring. I hope for the best.

Edit: Let's continue onwards.

Papa Roach's Who Do You Trust album. The 2nd album released in 2019 that I have listened to. Wow, less than two years since Papa Roach's last album. I'm not expecting greatest from them at this point. Just a couple of good songs that they usually pull out per album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Been listening to lots of Queensryche lately.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I need something to cheer me up. Something calm yet uplifting and I think these guys can help get me there.

Switchfoot's Native Tongue album. The 3rd album released in 2019 that I have listened to. The previous album "When The Light Shines Through" was pretty solid. I think I see no reasons why the follow-up would be bad. This is the one, out of the many concerts I have booked so far, that I'm really looking forward to, especially when my ticket to their show is GA.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Ariana Grande - 7 Rings

I seem to have become... an Arianator?! Is that how her fans call themselves?
/so uncool

And yes I seem to have spent my 5k post to inform everyone I crossed over to the dark side
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ It's all right, Lotha. We all cross a certain line of music we wouldn't think of listening to. Take it from the guy that spent most of 2018 listening to Owl City.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

One Drew Remains wrote:Been listening to lots of Queensryche lately.
Well done, Drew. Very very well done.

Queensrÿche - Take Hold Of The Flame

Still a lifetime top 10 song for me.

New QR album The Verdict comes out on March 1!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, time to prepare myself for the next concert I'm heading to in February. Nothing More with Of Mice and Men, and Palisades opening. You know what that means for me. Time to binge on some albums. Let's start with Palisades. I think I heard one song from them in Octane, and I don't think much stood out, but as always, I'm willing to see if I'm missing something.

Palisades' Outcasts album.

Edit: All right, not really a good start so far with these guys. It sounds like every friken metalcore/emo band that came out in the late 00s-now. Examples like this is why it's also important to have a distinguishable vocalist. If Nothing More played this kind of music, they would make it work out better for them because of Jonny Hawkins' vocals. I hope Palisades get better on later albums or else I don't know if I can bear hearing this for 30 minutes while trying to get a good spot in GA.

Edit x2: Screw it, let's hear the next one. Palisades' Mind Games album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, back to listening to all the bands' stuff in preparation for the Nothing More show in a few weeks.

Palisades' self-titled album and the Erase the Pain album to finally finish listening to this band.

Edit: All right, time to start listening to Of Mice & Men's self-titled album.

Edit x2 : A couple of days later, let's keep this marathon going. I would like to dig into Nothing More's stuff before this weekend ends, but I got to continue with Of Mice & Men's The Flood album onwards followed by the Restoring Force album.

Edit x3: Of Mice & Men's Cold World album, followed by their Defy album.

Edit x4: FINALLY, I can start listening to Nothing More now. Heck, I'll dive into the stuff before Jonny Hawkins became the official lead vocalist and the time he was the drummer.

Nothing More's Shelter album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Exciting next few weeks of music for me. New albums from Last In Line and Queensryche. AB begins recording. And I go see Metallica with some old high school friends in KC on March 6. Cannot wait.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Gojira - Vacuity

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Nothing More - Do Ya Really Want It

Seeing them in 2 weeks!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Unleash the Archers - General of the Dark Army

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Back to listening to the early days of Nothing More. The stuff that would not show up on Spotify. Thank you, Youtube.

Nothing More's Vandura album

Edit: Ok, I just realized that this album has a fair amount of songs from their Shelter album. So let's move on to the final album before Jonny Hawkins assumed lead vocal roles.

Nothing More's Save You/Save Me album.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Queensrÿche - Blood of the Levant

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Finally, I'm at the point where I can listen to the Nothing More stuff on Spotify. Show is exactly in one week. I can definitely get through three albums by then.

Nothing More's The Few Not Fleeting album followed by their self-titled album.

Edit: Shoot, I got enough time. Let's finish it off with The Stories We Tell Ourselves album.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:Edit: Shoot, I got enough time. Let's finish it off with The Stories We Tell Ourselves album.
There’s always enough time for that album, bud.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Edit: Shoot, I got enough time. Let's finish it off with The Stories We Tell Ourselves album.
There’s always enough time for that album, bud.
Been listening to that one tons myself. It's pretty relevant to life right now.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Nothing More show. In the 4th row of GA and center. Pretty pumped. Once again, I’m the only guy wearing an AB shirt. I’m weary of there being pits around me, but I’m standing next to a guy in a Shinedown shirt so I should be ok here.

Edit: I take that back. It took me 12 non AB related concerts but I finally spotted someone wearing an AB shirt.

Edit x2: The day after the concert. I thought taking a day off from listening to albums, but I can't do that, especially when in the next month, I'm going to see Dream Theater and In Flames/Within Temptation at the Wiltern. Lots of albums to go through before getting to that point, but I won't listen to those now. Instead, I'm going to listen to this one.

Bring me the Horizon's Amo album. The 4th album released in 2019 that I have listened to. People seemed polarized, as usual, when a band of a certain style decides to go more mainstream/poppy-like. That won't stop me from listening to this album.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Woot, Dream Theater's new album Distance Over Time arrived 2 days ago, and Meytal's new album The Witness arrived last night. Queensrÿche's new album The Verdict should be here in another week. It's a very very good time.

Dream Theater - Barstool Warrior.

Beautiful song. Great album so far! :rockon

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, ready to go now. Going to dive into all of In Flames, Within Temptation, and Dream Theater albums do get ready for the two concerts at the Wiltern Theater I'm heading to this month, two days apart! Of course, I shall start with In Flames as they are the opening band of the Within Temptation show.

In Flames' Lunar Strain album.