What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Andy92 »

Circle followed by Arise was always one of my favorite album closer combos. Uncle Bobby was a hidden track back on release but I think Spotify just tacks it on at the end, so that’s why I consider Arise the official closer.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Andy92 wrote:Circle followed by Arise was always one of my favorite album closer combos. Uncle Bobby was a hidden track back on release but I think Spotify just tacks it on at the end, so that’s why I consider Arise the official closer.
Arise is definitely my favorite, but I have the awesome bonus track “Break Your Knees” as the official closer on my phone. Has that epic-vibe going for it, at least compared to the rest of the album
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AHart96 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Circle followed by Arise was always one of my favorite album closer combos. Uncle Bobby was a hidden track back on release but I think Spotify just tacks it on at the end, so that’s why I consider Arise the official closer.
Arise is definitely my favorite, but I have the awesome bonus track “Break Your Knees” as the official closer on my phone. Has that epic-vibe going for it, at least compared to the rest of the album
I like that bonus track although it’s been a while since I’ve listened to it. I had the standard CD and that’s what I listened to the most for that album. It’s my favorite Flyleaf record. I really liked Lacey’s solo album a ton too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well, I was going to spend the weekend starting to listen to all things Chris Cornell-related in preparation of the tribute show for him in January, but since I got the ticket for Disturbed with Three Days Grace opening, and that is the first show of 2019 for me, listening to Chris Cornell stuff would have to wait, since I got to dive into those bands' stuff first.

It's a good thing since outside of the singles you know and hear on radio all the time, I rarely listen to full-length albums from those guys so let's start with the Three Days Grace stuff first. Sure, no Adam Gontier in the line-up kills a fair amount of their appeal to me, but I'm bound to enjoy some singalongs and whatnot and enjoy their support set for however long it may be.

Three Days Grace's self-titled album.

Edit: Wow, this is a very good album for them to debut on. This is the type of post-grunge/alternative metal album that I can get behind rather than their later albums that is became derivative of that style that they were known for (and not the fun kind of derivative like recent Breaking Benjamin albums where I still have a blast listening to Dark Before Dawn and Ember).

Let's continue on though. Three Days Grace's One-X album.

Edit x2: All right, the next day. The Three Days Grace marathon continues and I'll round out listening to the other two albums from the Adam Gontier era.

Three Days Grace's Life Starts Now and Transit of Venus album.

Edit x3: All right, Monday on New Year's Eve. Time to listen to some of the albums that I hadn't a chance to listen to due to laziness.

Greta Van Fleet's Anthem of the Peaceful Army album. The 32nd album released in 2018 I have listen to. So this band has been on the up and up in the last two years (surely, not due to the fact that the lead vocalist sounds as close to a younger Robert Plant as it can get? Nahhh, that's nonsense..... :shifty ). That stated, no matter where they get their influences from, this young band has got to deliver the goods with their debut album for all of this hype they have been getting.

Edit x4: Yeah, the Greta Van Fleet album is what I expected. More leaning towards classic rock sound (which I have overly admitted in recent times I despise for the most part). I mean the musicianship, vocals, lyrics, is what it is. Nicely crafted and all, but I cannot enjoy it in the same way I couldn't enjoy the recent Slash/Myles/Conspirators album. I'm a modern sounding music-listener through and through and quite frankly, I got to keep saying to myself that there is nothing wrong with that. That being said, I will go ahead and listen to a modern sounding and heavier album right now.

Ghost's Prequelle album. The 33rd album released in 2018 that I have listened to and probably the last album released in 2018 I have listened to now.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Three Days Grace's Human album. First album without Adam Gontier on lead vocals. It's all downhill from here from here to me, though, Transit of Venus was the start of them lacking that "appeal" to me.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Remember that you will die

Post by gbruin »

AHart96 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Flyleaf's Memento Mori album
Enjoy dude. One of my all-time favorite albums, let me know what you think
Memento Mori is also the name of a track on Kamelot's amazing 2005 album The Black Halo. I will now go listen to it in honor and celebration.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Three Days Grace's Outsider album. Oddly enough, I've been mentioning how much I really disliked the latest Shinedown, FFDP, and Godsmack albums in 2018, but this new 3DG album sorta escaped my dislike. Let's see how the second listen of the album is. I recalled that Matt Walst's vocals was not as annoying to me here as the Human album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, let's down to it. Going to listen to seven Disturbed albums in four days to get ready for the concert on Friday. I have no regrets. I think these guys have a lot more solid songs than people would like to give them credit for. Plus they had AB to open for them (when AB really needed the exposure in front of a mainstream rock arena-sized liked crowds after AB did nothing at all in 2015 to get their name out there) for their co-headlining Amphitheater tour with Breaking Benjamin in 2016. That's enough for me to get into them.

Disturbed's The Sickness and Believe albums.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Heart
Dreamboat Annie
From my childhood
Very important album directing me towards rock music back in the days
Still brilliant !

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The Lotha Fall USA Tour 2019

Post by gbruin »

Lotha wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Lotha wrote:
gbruin wrote:Kamelot - The Haunting
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss
Kamelot and Sonata Arctica are playing a show here in Sept 2019. I can't remember if I've ever bought a ticket for a show that's 10 months away before. Hope I live that long... :shifty
Damn it, I kinda hate you now. Except I couldn't bear to see Kamelot without Roy Khan, but them and Sonata are my top 3 favorite metal bands. It's gonna be a great show for sure.
I think you and Mr Lotha should take some of those dinars you saved by eloping and take a little trip to the Rocky Mountains in September. You get free digs and dinners with a 24/7 bar here outside of Denver, the mountains are beautiful in the fall, maybe catch a Broncos game, and you can suffer through Sonata Arctica and Kamelot with Tommy with me. And maybe AB's album preview party will be around the same time so we can add a quick side trip to Florida. Think about it. I'll get Jim's/Tom's room ready for you guys. It seems a slightly better alternative than kinda hating me, and besides, my wife already monopolizes that category.

Do it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The Lotha Fall USA Tour 2019

Post by gbruin »

For inspiration...

Kamelot - Phantom Divide

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, back to listening to Disturbed.

Disturbed's 10,000 Fists album. I've enjoyed the singles on this one so far out of the bunches (though Prayer from the Believe album is my favorite out of the bunch so far). I mean if they play the title track in LA and I don't see 10,000 fists in the air, I will be sorely disappointed.

I will also listen to their Indestructible album today.

Edit: One more day later. Now entering the Disturbed albums of the 10s.

Disturbed's The Asylum and Immortalized albums.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Breaking Benjamin - The Dark of You

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Meytal - Divine Insurrection

It sounds really good. A bit more prog with some heavier elements than their first album, which I really liked a lot.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wow, I somehow made it to the finish of this sorta listening marathon.

Disturbed's Evolution album. I guess like Three Days Grace's recent album, this falls under the sorta there column. It's not as low as the tripe of the albums I really hated in 2018, but there were a few solid songs and couple of unmemorable ones. Let's see if the second listen changes that.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

NEW DREAM THEATER WOOO

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

The Fallen State - Torn

Kick ass!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, so I planned on wanting to listen to everything Chris Cornell-related, about two weeks ago, in preparation to the tribute show on Wednesday, but I wanted to listen to Three Days Grace and Disturbed's catalogs after buying the ticket for last Friday's show. So, with that said, I'm just going to go on a long binge right now and I got a long road to go covering everything. Here's what I'm going to listen to today and go from there.

Soundgarden's Ultramega OK, Louder than Love, and Badmotorfinger and Temple of the Dog's self-titled album.

Edit: Hours later, I got some time. I'm going to listen to Superunknown as well.

Edit x2: The next day, let the Chris Cornell Marathon continue.

Soundgarden's Down on the Upside (never actually listened to this one in full), Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning, and Audioslave's self-titled album and if I have time, Audioslave's Out of Exile album.

Edit x3: The following day, Audioslave's Out of Exile and Revelations album and Chris Cornell's Carry On album. This might be it for the marathon sadly, due to time constraints, but I'm only missing Scream, Higher Truth and Soundgarden's King Animal. Not really a bad outing for the last three days.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Queensrÿche - Dark Reverie

This is the second release from their new album out March 1 and it is so damn good.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Won’t even lie, I’ve been listening to Post Malone lately lol. I used to give my gf hell for liking him, but now he’s grown on me.

Also been listening to a bunch of Two Gallants lately. A band Macca got me into forever ago that I kind of forgot about until one of their songs popped up in my Facebook memories a couple months ago.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.