The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thanks guys. Working on setting this all up now.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Looking forward to seeing what you get put together!

On a side note, it's fucking maddening when you see a crappy close-up phone video of some dude in his bedroom "shredding" over the top of a recorded song and getting 100s (or 1000s) of views, when I struggle to get 30 views on videos of my live performances in local coffee shops / breweries. Is there some secret to getting people to view your videos? Are people just that much more attracted to shreddy fancy guitar playing than they are fully performed songs with vocals?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

:cheers :peace Happy Halloween, TABN!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

TenaciousBe wrote:Is there some secret to getting people to view your videos? Are people just that much more attracted to shreddy fancy guitar playing than they are fully performed songs with vocals?
How do you title your videos?
It's often not about the content so much as it is about SEO and algorithms of Youtube I think.

For example, I watched one vocal coach with a title of a video like "a vocal coach reacts to *whatever*".

Then YT started showing me more people with "vocal coach reacts" type of title because the algos noted that's the kind of stuff I'm interested in right now.

So, maybe try to emulate what guys with more views are doing title-wise? After all, if their viewership is the kind of audience you want, then it makes sense to tie yourself in with the keywords that put you in front of that audience. One thing I learned as a copywriter: if you want to be discovered, use the terms someone might type in the search bar to discover you.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Lotha wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:Is there some secret to getting people to view your videos? Are people just that much more attracted to shreddy fancy guitar playing than they are fully performed songs with vocals?
It's often not about the content so much as it is about SEO and algorithms of Youtube I think.

For example, I watched one vocal coach with a title of a video like "a vocal coach reacts to *whatever*".

Then YT started showing me more people with "vocal coach reacts" type of title because the algos noted that's the kind of stuff I'm interested in right now.

So, maybe try to emulate what guys with more views are doing title-wise? After all, if their viewership is the kind of audience you want, then it makes sense to tie yourself in with the keywords that put you in front of that audience. One thing I learned as a copywriter: if you want to be discovered, use the terms someone might type in the search bar to discover you.
Welcome to AB's world, B. I try to be one of those 30 whenever I see them popup on FB, but Lotha is right. It's all about SEO. When I was writing for the U.C.L.A. sports site, optimizing the searchable terms and parameters for our articles and posting across various sites and platforms (FB, YT, twitter, etc) got hammered into us. It's a big Internet and you gotta make every little thing stand out. As you've noticed, the reach is, unfortunately for both you and AB, more important than the content. The game sucks, but those are the rules these days.

Lotha, have you run off and eloped yet? How you been? :wave
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Adam
Brand New Start

Post by Adam »

Damn this thread is still going?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: This is the same Adam, right?

Post by zazthespaz »

barely. we used to have this guy adam who WHHAAAAAA?????!?!?!!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

gbruin wrote:
Lotha wrote:

Welcome to AB's world, B. I try to be one of those 30 whenever I see them popup on FB, but Lotha is right. It's all about SEO. When I was writing for the U.C.L.A. sports site, optimizing the searchable terms and parameters for our articles and posting across various sites and platforms (FB, YT, twitter, etc) got hammered into us. It's a big Internet and you gotta make every little thing stand out. As you've noticed, the reach is, unfortunately for both you and AB, more important than the content. The game sucks, but those are the rules these days.

Lotha, have you run off and eloped yet? How you been? :wave
So, 99% of my videos are from live performances at local venues (breweries, coffee shops). My titles are always something like "Moonrise Blue - Nutshell (Alice in Chains cover) - Cafe Steam, 10.28.18" or something with that general outline. My name, song title, original band name, location, and date. Maybe that's too much? I don't really get it. Might help if I have a more consistent uploading schedule, and do more at-home, studio type videos. Work on the production value.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: You’re it! Hahaha I’m so funny!

Post by zazthespaz »

Are you using tags?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

gbruin wrote: Lotha, have you run off and eloped yet? How you been? :wave
Yup, I'm a married lady now! Just getting around to updating my Facebook :) Things are great.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Sorry to all the guys on here who just watched their dreams go up in flames.

Post by zazthespaz »

Lotha announces she’s married and effectively kills the general discussion forum :lol

CONGRATS!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Fun party trick too

Post by zazthespaz »

I coined the term “taco grenade” today. It’s when you throw a taco into an Uber to get a drunk friend into the Uber, but the taco inevitably explodes upon impact and the Uber gets covered in beef, lettuce, sour cream and cheese.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Actually it makes sense

Post by Andy92 »

How is it that TABN has seen their last 2-3 female members engaged/married off and the 15 guys are all striking out on Tinder.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Andy92 wrote:How is it that TABN has seen their last 2-3 female members engaged/married off and the 15 guys are all striking out on Tinder.
Look at the website/forum you’re on
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92 wrote:How is it that TABN has seen their last 2-3 female members engaged/married off and the 15 guys are all striking out on Tinder.
Can’t strike out if you don’t enter the batter’s box ;)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I just stopped trying. I have an account on like 4 or 5 apps and havent looked at any of them in weeks :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: fact

Post by Timotheus »

TABN's too cool for single girls.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Come on, gang...How come only zaz said congrats?!

Post by gbruin »

Lotha wrote:
gbruin wrote: Lotha, have you run off and eloped yet? How you been? :wave
Yup, I'm a married lady now! Just getting around to updating my Facebook :) Things are great.
That's one lucky man. All the best to both of you! :picturelotsofcelebrationemojishere
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: All my congrats have to be approved by Zuckerburg

Post by Andy92 »

I said congrats on Facebook for what it’s worth.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.