The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

anguyen92 wrote:
Ubik wrote:That sucks heavily. Wonder what the repayment terms are like, whether it's just fixed payments or based off band income.
I think the way I believe it could be set up is this. They have a statement from a bank on how much they need to pay off plus interest where the interest has to be made in payments whether it is monthly or yearly. The bank is not too worried about when the whole sum is paid off as long as the interest keeps getting paid off.

Eventually, whatever piece of that pie is left that they made from touring should go towards the band to do what they please with it, and they, like regular average joes, has other stuff to deal with before chipping off that debt, like paying bills like house and car, supporting their families, etc. Only after all of that is said and done, whatever is left of that pie can be used to chip away of that debt and given the state of this bloody music industry, no wonder after 10.5 years of buying out of that contract and getting that loan, they are only halfway through. That's a harsh reality.
Just a random bump. You know, after me and my family decided to take in a car loan in my name in order for us to get a new car, I sorta finally figured out why the loan, that AB took in to pay off the Windup contract, is taking more than 10 years to get only halfway there. I mean I would not be surprised that to get the loan to pay off Windup, they talked with their bank and negotiate that they will pay off this loan off within 20 years making equal monthly payments at a certain interest rate. This way, the band would not be resorted to go broke broken where they cannot support their families. I think I am surprised, given the volatile nature of this music industry, that the bank did gave AB the loan thinking that these guys would be good for it to pay off the monthly installments.

I mean at this point, given that we are over 12 years after they left Wind-Up, if they have the funds to pay the remaining debt in full, they have the option to do so, but given, once again, the unpredictable nature of this music industry, and given that their priorities when it comes to making a living is supporting their families first, I'm sure that the AB camp is content with making the monthly payments on time for the time being.

Here's to hoping that the "A Dying Machine" novel can go beyond selling 3,000 copies of the novel via Fret12 and that it gets a publishing deal and any other lucrative opportunities (like a tv series, movie, whatever) comes its way.

In hindsight, that post that Abw1987 made when Windup got bought by Concord Bicycle Music when talking about the loan to pay off Windup in 2006 makes much more sense now.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Gotta just say it was badass hearing Metalingus on WWE Smackdown last week! Edge cut an awesome promo with women's champion Becky Lynch...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Funny thing about that. I read a recent interview from Becky Lynch on Loudwire regarding the bands she listen to like Rise Against and Pearl Jam. She stated that she doesn't really talk much about music with the other women on the roster since they lean more on the TSwifts and Beyonce spectrum of music, but talks to Jeff Hardy a lot about music. After reading that, especially when she really talked about Pearl Jam, I thought, she would get along with Edge well regarding music since he's a huge Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters fan in addition to, of course, AB.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

It's kinda sad to me that Becky and Edge didn't really cross paths as far as WWE careers go (aside from this one-off promo). They could have been absolute gold together.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Don't know where else to put this, but this is related to AB. So I've been making the use of the three-month trial of Sirius XM radio that comes with buying my new car. It's a good system. I enjoy the radio stations they have, especially Octane and Turbo, and I probably wouldn't mind paying the money to continue to subscribe to it. Here's some observations I noted.

Those stations do play more of Korn, Godsmack, and Marilyn Manson than I would like to tolerate in comparison to the stuff that I can tolerate/like (Stone Sour, A7X, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown (including the pre-Sound of Madness stuff), Three Days Grace, Halestorm, etc. Even Sevendust gets a fair amount of radio play).

What saddens me is that I have yet to hear an AB song on Octane which just boggles my mind. This is a band (and I don't think I'm even bias about it) that is really ready-made for the format that Octane has. Even the active rock-like songs they have in the 2010s like Isolation, Farther Than the Sun, and Crows on a Wire really outclasses most of the stuff on Octane (which I like, don't get me wrong.) I do find it humorous that in a world where everyone keeps saying "modern rock is dying, blah, blah, blah." that the one main satellite radio station that supports modern hard rock does not support one of the finest bands of that format at all in comparison to the bands I mentioned and in comparison to even bands that does play in venues smaller than the size that AB has been playing in the states.

I mean in the last four headlining tours that AB has done in the states. These were the supports playing half the time of an AB headlining set: Like A Storm, Adelitas way, Nonpoint, and All That Remains. I have heard more songs from those bands on Octane than hearing AB. Even AB's little brother, Like A Storm, has gotten more Octane radio play than AB themselves. Heck, even if you throw another bill with those bands, AB would still be the ones headlining a states tour, to this day. The only time I heard an AB song was Open Your Eyes on Turbo. A late 90s and 00s station that is the only station that plays Default, Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, etc. Where are those bands nowadays? Nowhere near where AB is at and especially nowhere near where the Shinedowns and the Breaking Benjamins, and the A7Xs are at.

Is that how satellite radio nowadays perceive AB? A band that has a viability the size of those bands that used to have their songs played on as theme songs on WWE PPVs in the 00s and hasn't been making traction since then (I know this is an ironic thought given how AB attained most of their fanbase, myself included). At least, AB played Royal Albert Hall and Rock In Rio and made quite the impression in those shows. Have those bands done that yet? It frustrates me. Am I missing something on why AB doesn't really get any love on Octane?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I hear Tremonti on Octane more often than I’ve ever heard AB (been a subscriber for 4 years now). I’ve only ever heard Isolation, Addicted to Pain, Show Me A Leader, and My Champion on Octane. Their singles get played a handful of times upon release, but they tend to fade off fairly quickly. I’ve heard some Tremonti songs play on Octane from time to time though ever since Another Heart was released. They played Dust and Take You With Me a decent bit, and I’ve been hearing Trust occasionally.

I think the problem is that Octane really only plays songs that are officially released as singles. There are some exceptions, but bands like Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, and FFDP release about 4-5 singles each album cycle. Alter Bridge releases 1-2. If you want the radio to play your music, you have to send them more songs to play. The staying power of how long the songs get played will depend on the feedback the radio station receives. They really do use social media metrics a lot to determine what to keep playing and what not to. But the first step in getting the band more airtime is simply to release more singles to radio. I do hear them played when they’re first released. They just get replaced in the rotation with the next new batch of singles from other bands who release songs on a more consistent basis.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I just realized something in my rambling in that post. One other band I have yet to hear on Octane, that had a lot of buzz in 2017, was Starset, which is odd since wasn't Monster a really big hit in Active Rock radio? You may be onto something, Andy, with your last thought.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They actually played Monster and Ricochet a ton last year. I also haven’t heard Starset near as much this year compared to last, but I do think it’s the same kind of thing. Octane mostly tends to stick to replaying the newest of the new singles out there.

Turbo helps because it plays 90s and 2000s rock, although I’ve yet to hear any 2000s AB material on there lol.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:They actually played Monster and Ricochet a ton last year. I also haven’t heard Starset near as much this year compared to last, but I do think it’s the same kind of thing. Octane mostly tends to stick to replaying the newest of the new singles out there.

Turbo helps because it plays 90s and 2000s rock, although I’ve yet to hear any 2000s AB material on there lol.
I have heard Turbo play Open Your Eyes, three times. That's the only song that I think they will play though. No Broken Wings, Rise Today, Watch Over You, etc. Oddly enough for a station that's willing to play Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, Trapt, etc. I have yet to hear a Nickelback or Creed song......

Regardless of this stupid "stigma" that radio formats have for these bands (which I still think AB sadly got hit in the crossfire mainly due to association than on the backs of their music), those bands are still popular as f*** in comparison to a band like 12 Stones or Saliva. Oversaturation of songs on radio in Creed and Nickelback's heyday really did a number on the "lasting" power they have on radio today. I wouldn't honestly mind hearing a Creed or Nickelback song to break of the relative monotony of the stuff I hear on Octane and Turbo (there's only so much Korn and Godsmack songs I can handle in one day, but oddly enough, I have grown to have a better appreciation for Disturbed).
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ah well that’s cool. I really only listen in my car and I’m on Octane more often. But I’m glad they do at least play some older AB on Turbo.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, all. Happy New Year. This year marks 15 years since Alter Bridge has been formed. Sadly, we would not hear anything from them (regarding stuff like them being in the studio or announcing a tour) until maybe around April. Still, it should be a good year for them. Heck, their 2018 was so much better than their 2015, despite them not doing a show. A great DVD release of them playing with an orchestra and Myles playing a few of the more recent rarely-played AB tracks in his solo shows was good enough in the off-year. Here's to 2019 being a strong year for them.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Do we know the exact day they officially formed? I knew this year was going to be the 15th anniversary but couldn't find a date anywhere.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love my wife. She pre ordered the signed CD/tee combo. Didn't even ask her to. She said she was going to get me the drumhead and sticks, since Flip is the only member we don't have a concert caught piece of gear from. (I even have a rare Brian pick that he flicked and hit me in the chest with in Tulsa) But they sold out.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, I stumbled upon this video. I think if Shea was still here, I think he gets a kick out of this person's thoughts on this performance of Words Darker Than Their Wings at the Royal Albert Hall.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Finally. I'm going to chill out with a fat bong hit and a pair of big Shure headphones and experience Live At Royal Albert Hall: The Film! Happy belated anniversary to me. My lady rocks! :cloud9

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:So, I stumbled upon this video. I think if Shea was still here, I think he gets a kick out of this person's thoughts on this performance of Words Darker Than Their Wings at the Royal Albert Hall.

this a british video? blocked in USA. Time to activate the ol' vpn

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Judging from this setting, AB VI is going to be some kind of country rock record. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAP1r_BFNo ... yb60vl3r8g

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

A softer One Day Remains/Jar Of Flies album with more acoustic parts/songs?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

nagpo wrote:"Im guessing this was made by the dickhead with the cat as an avatar from AB forum AB23.Anyway Myles sounded insanely good on Calm The Fire his range was phenomenal in Cry of Achillies and Lover all from the Fortress album.As for The Last Hero his high's on Show me a leader are acceptional.his vocals on This Side of Fate are heavenly especially the majestic range from the 1st major change up,also he sounds utterly amazing on Cradle To the Grave so piss off to your cave already"

jesus christ
I still can't get over this.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AB23 wrote:
nagpo wrote:"Im guessing this was made by the dickhead with the cat as an avatar from AB forum AB23.Anyway Myles sounded insanely good on Calm The Fire his range was phenomenal in Cry of Achillies and Lover all from the Fortress album.As for The Last Hero his high's on Show me a leader are acceptional.his vocals on This Side of Fate are heavenly especially the majestic range from the 1st major change up,also he sounds utterly amazing on Cradle To the Grave so piss off to your cave already"

jesus christ
I still can't get over this.
Context? I don't remember this