Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by RevenantGB »

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Must...resist...until...BluRay...release...

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

gbruin wrote:That song is too great to spoil with Spotify or with a preview. I will try not to give in to temptation.
I should have taken this advice. I listened to it on the highway in my car's factory stereo and was completely underwhelmed. Hopefully that video/blu ray is much better. At the same time though, I feel like I shouldn't have to stage everything perfectly in order to get the right mixing (for lack of better term) out of the song. That's the producer's job. I could listen to S & M on the highway with all the windows rolled down and still hear that blissful orchestra.

I'm starting to think that they maybe the band needs to remix this altogether and just accept the embarrassment of getting it wrong the first time (hey Death Magnetic). I'm no producer, but maybe it's as easy as having a conductor over your shoulder and just turning up the volume on what needs to turned up. The End is Here just sounded like a regular live recording for most of it and, to me, that's a really big letdown.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Okay, the video is MUCH better.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The conductor is so into the song at the end :D

Great performance of one of the best songs they've ever written. I miss Myles' wails during the bridge, but still such a stellar performance.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The guitar has a little too much distortion during the verses. A clean channel would've came in handy I guess. :shrug

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

:yes Good luck!
gbruin wrote:That song is too great to spoil with Spotify or with a preview. I will try not to give in to temptation.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:
I should have taken this advice. I listened to it on the highway in my car's factory stereo and was completely underwhelmed. Hopefully that video/blu ray is much better. At the same time though, I feel like I shouldn't have to stage everything perfectly in order to get the right mixing (for lack of better term) out of the song. That's the producer's job. I could listen to S & M on the highway with all the windows rolled down and still hear that blissful orchestra.

I'm starting to think that they maybe the band needs to remix this altogether and just accept the embarrassment of getting it wrong the first time (hey Death Magnetic). I'm no producer, but maybe it's as easy as having a conductor over your shoulder and just turning up the volume on what needs to turned up. The End is Here just sounded like a regular live recording for most of it and, to me, that's a really big letdown.
Yeah, that's a big part of it for me. This is going to be so massive on the Blu-Ray, so I don't want to hear/see the underwhelming versions now, whether it's my mediocre equipment or the production issues that don't play well on it.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I'm weak, even for a wizard

Post by gbruin »

RevenantGB wrote:

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

RevenantGB wrote:
The weird thing is that Myles doesn't touch a guitar in the video.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:
RevenantGB wrote:
The weird thing is that Myles doesn't touch a guitar in the video.
Good point haha :D

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

Definitely my favourite released thusfar. I remember that Crescendo being one of the highlights live too, it was INSANE.

richardsim7
Brand New Start

Post by richardsim7 »

Mr. Slash wrote:The guitar has a little too much distortion during the verses. A clean channel would've came in handy I guess. :shrug
It's not like he doesn't have one, he just tends to roll off the volume knob instead

Personally I prefer a clean channel, hitting a button with your foot is way easier than balancing the volume knob position

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The more I listen to it, the more I just love The End is Here with that orchestra. That bridge and outro sound gigantic.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I always poo-poo on The End Is Here if it pops up in the mix because of the opening riff. It just doesn't sound good.

The rest of the song is great, but I never dug that opening at all. I recently learned it's kind of a variation of London Bridge Is Falling Down, which is also not a pleasant tune.

The video sounds great though.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Great sound right here.
Epic performance with the orchestra(a little bit more audible this time) just to make it sublime.

Only think the song could be extended in the end. They could do similar as in the bridge.
Like Metalingus and Lover i think this song does not end in the right timing.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

You guys are making it incredibly difficult for me to resist temptation. I've gone this entire time completely in the dark as far as what to expect performance wise. The only thing I've seen is the first initial trailer. I mean sure I could just unsubscribe from the thread, but what fun would that be?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:The rest of the song is great, but I never dug that opening at all. I recently learned it's kind of a variation of London Bridge Is Falling Down, which is also not a pleasant tune.
The funny thing about that is that during the ODR era before they played The End is Here is that Mark would play a bit of London Bridge is Falling Down when they were in England. Honestly, to me, that was the only thing that was missing from The End Is Here at the Royal Albert Hall. That London Bridge is Falling Down bit before the intro.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:You guys are making it incredibly difficult for me to resist temptation. I've gone this entire time completely in the dark as far as what to expect performance wise. The only thing I've seen is the first initial trailer. I mean sure I could just unsubscribe from the thread, but what fun would that be?
Stay strong, TF4L. Stay strong.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That wasn't very good. Couldn't really hear the orchestral well - they didn't stand out. And Myles had little energy in his voice. He didn't sing it like on the record.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nagpo wrote:That wasn't very good. Couldn't really hear the orchestral well - they didn't stand out. And Myles had little energy in his voice. He didn't sing it like on the record.
Gee, I wonder if any other 48-year old (after endless touring with two bands) can sing a song today like they did 14 years ago. For what it is worth, he sounds fine. The orchestra was really in full force at the outro and during the bridge.