The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: but when i do, im sure it'll suck!

Post by zazthespaz »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Kev, you crazy!

I started the keto diet this week - minimal carbs (<20). They say you're supposed to feel like you have a cold/the flu the first week, but I haven't felt like that and have lost 1 lb since Monday. Not sure if that's average or not so I could be doing something wrong. (not that I did proper homework on the subject...)

Edit: FOOK I DIDN'T POST FOR ALMOST A MONTH?!?! Why didn't anyone tell me!?
Cam, we called that keto flu. It is really common when your body is in the process of entering a ketogenic state and when it isn’t used to the diet.

1-2 lbs a week lost is average, and sustainable weight loss.

I’ve done ketosis before, and I’m a Personal Trainer. If you have questions, feel free to DM!
Thanks man! No keto flu yet, guess i haven't entered ketosis though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: but when i do, im sure it'll suck!

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Kev, you crazy!

I started the keto diet this week - minimal carbs (<20). They say you're supposed to feel like you have a cold/the flu the first week, but I haven't felt like that and have lost 1 lb since Monday. Not sure if that's average or not so I could be doing something wrong. (not that I did proper homework on the subject...)

Edit: FOOK I DIDN'T POST FOR ALMOST A MONTH?!?! Why didn't anyone tell me!?
Cam, we called that keto flu. It is really common when your body is in the process of entering a ketogenic state and when it isn’t used to the diet.

1-2 lbs a week lost is average, and sustainable weight loss.

I’ve done ketosis before, and I’m a Personal Trainer. If you have questions, feel free to DM!
Thanks man! No keto flu yet, guess i haven't entered ketosis though.
It’s a common thing, but it doesn’t happen to everyone. If you don’t get it, it usually means that the transition into keto was relatively easier on your body than most.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Micky »

:wave

It’s been a crazy couple of months, moving, finding new work, getting a dog, going to New York to hang out with Cam and Andy, so much going on.

I recently started a new job where I work with triplets that have cerebral palsy. I go a couple of times a week, I start Full time there at the end of the month, and let me tell you this job is wonderful.

These boys are remarkable. They’re always so happy and although they can’t communicate like you and I, they know how to say certain words and are just so full of life.

Really puts things in perspective and has helped me realize just how much I should appreciate the things I have In life
Thanks Andy!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

One of the trainers at my gym told me last week she was heavy into 80s metal - Metallica, Dio, Queensryche, Motörhead...

I sent her Bringer of War :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I need some advice on what I should tomorrow for my day off from work meal. Strawberry Citrus Pancake Breakfast with Cinnamon Sugar Pancake Puppies at Denny's? Or Gourmet or Premium Crafted Burgers with a side of half onion rings and fries at this place called the Burger Parlor? Decisions, decisions.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Sounds very much like a one for breakfast, one for lunch scenario.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, but my stomach only has room for one and quite frankly, I'm not willing to spend $30.00 on meals in one day.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

When you get the 1:30 am “u up?” text...

....but u not up...

:(

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, this is unexpected. Matt Heafy of Trivium, he typically does a cover of songs of all kinds of stuff on his stream every week, when Trivium is not on tour, and his viewers does a bid to get their song chosen. Someone suggests to Tremonti's Brains and he's going to do a cover of it now.

Edit: Surprisingly, despite Trivium touring with Tremonti in the past and their brand of metal is slightly similar, Matt claims he never heard Brains before.

https://www.twitch.tv/matthewkheafy

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AB4Lyfe wrote:When you get the 1:30 am “u up?” text...

....but u not up...

anguyen92 wrote:Well, this is unexpected. Matt Heafy of Trivium, he typically does a cover of songs of all kinds of stuff on his stream every week, when Trivium is not on tour, and his viewers does a bid to get their song chosen. Someone suggests to Tremonti's Brains and he's going to do a cover of it now.

Edit: Surprisingly, despite Trivium touring with Tremonti in the past and their brand of metal is slightly similar, Matt claims he never heard Brains before.

https://www.twitch.tv/matthewkheafy
How'd he like it?

Also stop keeping us in suspense, which meal did you go for?
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

i went with the burger and fries meal with a milkshake at Red Robins. Was very filling for $15.00.

As for Matt Heafy covering Brains, well, obviously he enjoyed the song. He did note how complicated it could be to play not only chords, but riffs with these alternate/unorthodox tunings that Mark does, and sing well in time and I think Matt did well in terms of how to cover a song decently well just based only on hearing the song a few times. There's a video on his channel if you want to see that and him covering a country song in not only its country form, but in a Meshuggah-like version of it (he also threw some unclean vocals in said country song).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Tour de France

Post by gbruin »

Just got back (well, last Sunday) from a 2 week trip that began in London and went to Ypres Belgium followed by a trip through France from Normandy to St Malo to Paris to the French Alps (biked up Alpe d'Huez - f'ing epic) and back to Paris. Life was good.

Now I'm working overnight. Not as good.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

AB4Lyfe wrote:When you get the 1:30 am “u up?” text...

....but u not up...

Dat missed booty call tho

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's like when those unreleased MF4 singles came out, but twice

Post by gbruin »

Yesterday Century Media announced the Warrel Dane's solo album that was unfinished when he suddenly passed away from a heart attack last fall has been finished by his band and will be released in a couple months.

Today there's a new Steve Perry video out for a forthcoming solo album due in October.

Holy f'ing balls. New music out of nowhere from two of the all time greatest vocalists. Wow.

This is so good.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Shea, are you pumped after the Doom Eternal reveal? I never tried the 2016 game because I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Doom 3 and it looked like this was more of a fast-paced arena platformer like the originals but I'm giving it a shot now. I'm really bad at thinking the melee is as strong as it is in the Halo games so when I run up and punch a demon in the face I get my ass handed to me.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:Shea, are you pumped after the Doom Eternal reveal? I never tried the 2016 game because I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Doom 3 and it looked like this was more of a fast-paced arena platformer like the originals but I'm giving it a shot now. I'm really bad at thinking the melee is as strong as it is in the Halo games so when I run up and punch a demon in the face I get my ass handed to me.
I'm interested in seeing what the game has to offer but I'm not SUPER excited or anything. Still probably buying it on launch day though :lol:

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Fish Tacos wrote:Shea, are you pumped after the Doom Eternal reveal? I never tried the 2016 game because I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Doom 3 and it looked like this was more of a fast-paced arena platformer like the originals but I'm giving it a shot now. I'm really bad at thinking the melee is as strong as it is in the Halo games so when I run up and punch a demon in the face I get my ass handed to me.
I'm interested in seeing what the game has to offer but I'm not SUPER excited or anything. Still probably buying it on launch day though :lol:
I think the game looks OKAY. It doesn't strike me as something I'm going to get until it goes down in price a little bit.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

If it can't be me...

Post by gbruin »

I just learned that Jennifer Connelly - who has always been one of my favorite actresses for both professional but mostly unprofessional reasons - has been married to Paul Bettany - a great actor (despite playing the annoying Vision) who was absolutely heartbreakingly incredible in Journey's End - have been married for 15 years and have 2 kids together.

This made me very happy.

/randomness

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can't stop laughing regarding this new Paul McCartney track, Fuh You.

All right, if anyone is listening to this track, what do you guys think he meant in regards to Fuh You? The answers will vary. In all fairness, he's 76. At this point, he can do whatever the f*** he wants with his music. It's a good beat though.

Edit: Hours later, man, I'm reading a lot of posts I made in 2013 in this thread. What the heck was I on? 2014 was really my peak in this thread.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And that's why you keep on living it, because every part is valuable in its own way.

Post by gbruin »

Well I find myself in reverie at what we might have had and what might have been...

During my last shift in the ED, the ambulance brought in a 9 year old kid who hung himself. You can study and train but nothing can really prepare you for that call. The pain and disbelief on the parent's faces was unimaginable. How the staff who worked to save this kid who was already gone, then tended to his parents, then went to the next room and just kept on working is unexplainable. There is no understanding any of this. Life can be so horrible.

Today my wife and I are traveling to Vermont (don't worry, Cam, there's no common border with NJ) to get our daughter moved into her new hockey academy/high school. It's pretty terrifying to let my 14 y/o baby girl go so far away and trust her to others but she's got a fantastic chance to cause her dreams and as overwhelming as this seems to me I need to help that happen. Life can be so challenging.

I saw a post today from one of my favorite humans ever, a guy who has gone through more than his share of downs lately, that he's in a new relationship with a lovely woman. These things sometimes work and they sometimes don't, but you can't give up on the chance, and today something really good is happening for him and I am so totally thrilled. Life can be so beautiful.