Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by Andy92 »

My past experiences with their live albums is that they sound really good on the Blu-ray through my full speaker setup, and the CD quality isn’t as good. I mean it makes sense. You’re gonna get a much better sound playing the concert through a surround sound system. I wouldn’t go too crazy over how the MP3 sounds on a phone lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Do you guys think that this is the same black shirt that Myles wore back then in Amsterdam?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, I think it sounds good for the first song out to promote this thing. Personally, the one thing I would have liked to see is the orchestra replicating the opening show intro, during the Fortress tour, before going into Addicted to Pain.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

chtimixeur wrote:We don't hear enough of the orchestra, and to be honest, I'm not sure it adds much to the song.
A slower song or an epic one would have made a better first impression IMHO.
Unfortunately I agree with this. Not the song that would have the orchestra high enough in the mix to make a great first impression. While I love the arrangement in this song, going with an epic track would have made more sense to be like “CHECK OUT THIS FUCKING ORCHESTRA!!!”

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

fix wrote:Oh boy here we go again.
Does Mark even listen to his rhythm guitar tone (or playing)? Or anyone?! Like usual the right ear (where Marks guitar is mixed) is a total sloppy mess. Totally unlistenable. On the other end, Myles' guitar sounds perfectly fine. Can't blame 'm for making Myles' guitar overpowering in the mix.
This.

Why Mark's guitar has to be quieter in the mix after all? He does most of the solos and leads and then he has to cut through what Myles is doing. Listen to 2:15 - Myles hits an open chord and lets it ring while Mark is hardly audible playing the riff.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I played the YouTube video through my home amp and surround sound system. Sounds unreal.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

On iTunes, it has The End is Here and Words with their track times. So, assuming those will be the “grat” tracks and we’ll get videos of those as well before the actual release. Just my guess.

rikjohannsen90
Brand New Start

Post by rikjohannsen90 »

When I go to iTunes, every song has it's track times. Also, do you think that they put a video of Words up before the release? That's their most special performance of those nights, I would rather guess something like Watch Over You or something from TLH.

AnybodyListening.net
Brand New Start

Post by AnybodyListening.net »

Went ahead and pre-ordered the White Vinyl limited bundle on AB's site, and then another bundle (different shirt with CDs/Bluray digipak) on Napalm's site for my wife (also a hardcore, but no women's shirts means I get two!) :rockon

Looking forward to it. I've purposefully avoided listening to/looking at the teaser. Just want to take it all in when it arrives.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, I'm thinking of getting the 2CD/DVD/Blu-Ray package with the shirt from the Napalm records US store site. Is this a good design of a shirt? Never have I would think to associate AB with skulls. Birds and stars? Sure. Skulls? Not so much.

AnybodyListening.net
Brand New Start

Post by AnybodyListening.net »

anguyen92 wrote:So, I'm thinking of getting the 2CD/DVD/Blu-Ray package with the shirt from the Napalm records US store site. Is this a good design of a shirt? Never have I would think to associate AB with skulls. Birds and stars? Sure. Skulls? Not so much.

I love that shirt and ordered that one. They have had skulls before. I have owned a couple with skulls that were official AB t-shirts.

rikjohannsen90
Brand New Start

Post by rikjohannsen90 »

AND it's the wrong A in AB again... damn

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, they've been using that plain font in the A since The Last Hero period as oppose to their old A that had a post-grunge motif look.

Edit: Oh, wait a minute, the AB on the Skull. That's their old logo font. That's what you meant. Huh.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I find it interesting that they chose to release Addicted to Pain first as it was one of the least impressive songs of the night. I recall having to warm to the earlier parts of both sets at the time as some of the songs, such as Addicted to Pain and Writings on the Wall, simply felt like a metal band with an orchestra behind them as opposed to a cohesive unit. I also remember having difficulties actually hearing the orchestra in the first half of the set, especially on the first night.

Songs like Ghost of Days Gone By, Blackbird, Wonderful Life, The End is Here and Words were stunning and at times breathtaking with the orchestra. So I can't wait to hear them.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

BSC wrote:I find it interesting that they chose to release Addicted to Pain first as it was one of the least impressive songs of the night. I recall having to warm to the earlier parts of both sets at the time as some of the songs, such as Addicted to Pain and Writings on the Wall, simply felt like a metal band with an orchestra behind them as opposed to a cohesive unit. I also remember having difficulties actually hearing the orchestra in the first half of the set, especially on the first night.

Songs like Ghost of Days Gone By, Blackbird, Wonderful Life, The End is Here and Words were stunning and at times breathtaking with the orchestra. So I can't wait to hear them.
I think this is what people have to keep in mind when listening to AtP as the first release. The song doesn’t really feature the orchestra as much as others will. The outro is probably the coolest part of the song.

I’m a little surprised they picked a song like this to release first, but AtP was a decently popular single I suppose.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Addicted to Pain was a decently popular single (charted as high as #4 in Active Rock radio), but they could have also featured either Open Your Eyes (#2 in the charts as a single) or Ghost of Days Gone By (#4). Maybe they decided to approach this the same way as their album releases and release the heavy active rock song first and release the more varied stuff later in the buildup to the release.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

so the only way to get the earbook is to get the $150 bundle? want to be sure

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:so the only way to get the earbook is to get the $150 bundle? want to be sure
I don't know if it is the same earbook (probably is), but Napalm Records has an earbook bundle on their US store.

https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/st ... rbook.html

https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/st ... undle.html

richardsim7
Brand New Start

Post by richardsim7 »

Does anyone know what audio codec the Blu-Ray will have?

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

just bought the AB RAH Exclusive Gold Bundle, deluxe box set from Napalm and Royal Skull T-shirt