New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Kreuger
White Knuckled

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by Kreuger »

agny wrote:Yay. Wow, if my search result was right, that Canada location is far north of Toronto. They must be going by private plane.
It's only like 2 hrs maybe 3.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Myles Kennedy was asked on The Classic Metal Show if Slash's upcoming solo album "Living the Dream" is musically similar the previous effort - 2014's "World on Fire" - to which he replied (via Blabbermouth):

"Yeah, it definitely has those sonic hallmarks, I think, that started to evolve on 'Apocalyptic Love' [2012]. It's 12 songs, and there aren't a lot of epic journeys.

"We had more of the epic side of things on the 'World of Fire' record; these are very concise, and there's an uptempo quality to a lot of the tracks that I think bode well for this band.

"So, yeah, we're excited to put it out there and do some touring on it. It should be fun."

So Living The Dream is a 12 songs album, concise and uptempo songs. I kinda like the more serious and “epic” side of some of WOF songs ..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... s_one.html

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Not a lot of epic journeys...can already tell this won’t be my type of record.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If it’s an album full of 3 minute tracks with Myles spit-firing the verses then I’ll probably pass lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:If it’s an album full of 3 minute tracks with Myles spit-firing the verses then I’ll probably pass lol
Yeah, pretty much. After we heard the solo album, this year, if the album is just going to be full of singles-length tracks that does a throwback to the 80s classic hard rock days, and not stuff like Anastasia, Battleground, or The Unholy, my interest wanes a lot. I do like me at least one big epic track from Myles and we got that with Love Can Only Heal this year. At this point for me, it's like, "wake me up when AB is in the studio" when it comes to Myles' next work.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I really liked World on Fire, Shadow Life, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years to Life and Too Far Gone, and loved Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun, so if they can get an album full of that kind of quality I'm very much on board. If there's a similar proportion of filler to that which appeared on WoF, slightly less enthused.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:I really liked World on Fire, Shadow Life, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years to Life and Too Far Gone, and loved Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun, so if they can get an album full of that kind of quality I'm very much on board. If there's a similar proportion of filler to that which appeared on WoF, slightly less enthused.
And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol
Feel like we need to periodically remind ourselves that the video for Bad Rain exists.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol
Feel like we need to periodically remind ourselves that the video for Bad Rain exists.
I hadn’t listened to that album in a while. Made a playlist of Myles songs on Spotify not long ago, and didn’t realize how many songs from AL I had to take out of it. :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I care more about Wicked Stone and Avalon than I do about Battleground and The Unholy. It's not what they do best, so I don't really care about the lack of epics.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just heard the first single "Driving Rain" and Im not impressed. Nothing about this track stands out to me. :shrug :/ Guess I'll have to wait for the full album to see if there's something I'll like.

Oh and the bridge has an extremely similar vibe to a part in Bad Rain that I thought the songs were switched midway through! :/ The vocal melody and lyrics are way too similar.

It's available on Spotify for me if you just search "Driving Rain" but I dont know how long it will be up incase it was an accidental upload because nothing was even said about a first single prior to it's release right?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hearing some very strong Aerosmith vibes. Kinda I was kinda worried when I heard about the Bad Rain comparison, but it's a completely different song. The bridge isn't even Bad Rain but Standing In The Sun, and it was obviously done on purpose.

Nothing new for them, but done very well, I think. Great first single.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Hearing some very strong Aerosmith vibes. Kinda I was kinda worried when I heard about the Bad Rain comparison, but it's a completely different song. The bridge isn't even Bad Rain but Standing In The Sun, and it was obviously done on purpose.

Nothing new for them, but done very well, I think. Great first single.
You're right it was Standing In The Sun! My bad :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Yeah, the bridge vocal melody is almost exactly the same as standing in the sun. what the hell

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I haven't heard it yet, but from what I am reading, it doesn't seem like this would be a track that would excite me and I think there lies the problem of having Slash/Myles/Conspirators around when Slash is back touring as a member of GNR and Myles finally releasing his solo album. I've seen people in other forums calling Myles the weakest link in Slash's solo band (for whatever reasons), but I'm getting that feeling that Slash doesn't really provide the most inspiring stuff for his own solo band at times. Don't get me wrong, there are times where they've struck gold, but those happen more rarely than often.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

As Timo said, it seems to be a deliberate callback to Standing in the Sun.

Quite bored by it all though.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I like it a lot. It has that laid back/70's rock vibe that Crazy Life also had. I think this is what this band does best.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:I like it a lot. It has that laid back/70's rock vibe that Crazy Life also had. I think this is what this band does best.
Would a guy that's not into 70's rock music and the like would like a track like this?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's doesn't have a Dirty Girl/Bad Rain vibe, if that's what you're afraid of. It's very riff based, but in a poppy, upbeat way. Maybe a bit Withered Delilah-ish, but more accessible.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Seems like the song was taken down already. At least I can't listen to it on Spotify.