Creed V Wishlist

A place for all Creed discussion.
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Creed V Wishlist

Post by AllC392Was »

lol is it Bad that when ThemBones said he was from India I automatically started reading his post in an Indian ascent?

Always wanted to go there by the way!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I just wonder what would have happened if times were to turn upside down - I mean AB existing between 97'-03' and Creed since 04' up to today. I doubt that Creed would be at least as half as popular in 2013 as it were in 2001. It's all about the fact that MTV would air "Jersey Shore' rather than some cool rock/metal music.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Alter Bridge wouldn't have made it out of 97 and thered be no money to fund Creed.
Creed was on top because they were the most perfect nostalgic rock band during the rock music boom.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Cthree922012 wrote:lol is it Bad that when ThemBones said he was from India I automatically started reading his post in an Indian ascent?

Always wanted to go there by the way!

the "AAAAPPOOOOO" affect? its "accent" by the way.

Bastards can't pronounce a single Indian name right, and they talk about our accent.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

chtimixeur wrote:It's quite simple when you think about it.
In his mind, Creed is a thing of the past, while Alter Bridge and his solo project represent his future.
Subconciously or unsubconciously, how could he be inspired to write something he truly doesn't believe in ?
When he wrote the first Creed records, Creed was his one and only band. It was the only band where he could express himself as a musician. He gave it his all back then, even though he was technically limited. You could tell if came from the heart.

Now, when he thinks of Creed, he thinks he has to dumb his music down to please its wider audience. No wonder he's not passionate about Creed if he thinks this way. In his mind, Alter Bridge and his solo project are the only outputs where he can show off on lead guitar.

Mark keeps saying he's not writing with a band name in mind, and that he organizes his ideas afterwards for each band. Fair enough, let's believe him.

But now, let's look at facts.
Since the 2009 reunion, Mark has written 17 ABIII songs + 14 ABIV songs = 31 AB songs
He's written 13 or 14 solo songs, and he's already planning a second solo album at the end of 2013.
Full Circle was mostly a bunch of Alter Bridge B-Sides (remember the interview where Flip said no one in the band could tell the difference between AB and Creed material). We know he's written one song in mid 2010 (More Than This) which sounded very much like My Sacrifice, but Stapp didn't record the vocals. And the 2011-2012 Creed sessions were quite unsuccessful since Mark admitted they only had 3 completed songs.
So that means Mark has only managed to write 4 full Creed songs since Full Circle.

This just shows you he's not into Creed anymore. If he were passionate about it, he'd write dozens of new Creed ideas just like he does for AB.
Very good post. I'm surprised and glad to see your thinking

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote:
dolo1993 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Creed was from a time when the music was spreading around by word of mouth or reviews. And they were huge. AB and the new Creed and other projects seem to be catering to the "internet community" only, which is kinda pathetic.
Regarding Mark's soloing matter: He has done some brilliant rock solos in his life, but his approach to soloing in metal is a bit exaggerated. He just tries too hard.
That's why I would rather see him playing rock than metal.

Exactly. His entire idea of being a Metal guitarist sounds irritating to me. Have you listened to the videos of the Creed jams in 2012? the ones where Mark was playing these incredible leads/solos. How good was that? Haven't heard Mark play guitar like that, but when it comes to putting that stuff on a record, nope, doesnt happen.

Check this out:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/D82bpAZIucc[/youtube]

Mark really shouldn't look up to guys like Rusty Cooley or Michel Angelo Batio. They just make him shred all the time.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

IMHO, he should record a full on metal album to finally get that idea out of his system.
He's been shredding like for years, but his albums are always radio friendly with short solos.
If he really wants to show off, why not do it once for good ?
I'm not sur I'd listen much to that record, but at least, he would not "pollute" his other projects with that shredding nonsense.

PS : I love metal, but not when it's done by Mark

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

A metal album, but strictly instrumental. Possibly with minor vocals. That would be so awesome

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Creed V Wishlist:

Two words.

Guitar Tone.

Seriously, Mark's guitar tone from back in the Creed days was freaking awesome. Just listen to songs like "Torn", "Is this the End?", "Young Grow Old", or "To Whom It May Concern", for example.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

On a completely unrelated note, in about 6 or 7 years Creed will be eligible to be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame. Would be kind of amusing if they got in. Would help their chances if they actually released one more album. Would shove it in the face of all those haters.

Just a thought. I wonder if Creed was influential enough. They sold enough, sure.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Not sure if this is the right thread but whatever

interview with tremonti

"Have there been any discussions or plans to record or play with Creed again?

Right now it's just not a possibility. We're just so busy right now. We haven't even gone on our first tour for the "Dust" album, and we're already scheduling tours throughout the rest of the year for Alter Bridge, and I'm trying to find a gap to come back to the States for "Dust," hopefully later this year or early next year, so the next two or three years are really cram-packed with the new Alter Bridge record and the new Tremonti record. And Scott [Stapp, Creed frontman] is also working two bands himself. He's doing his solo band, and I don't want to ruin the surprise, but he's about to announce that he's working with another group of musicians, so that's exciting as well.

Hopefully that perfect storm of all this intermingling, all these bands and all this promotion, will come together maybe for a future Creed tour.

Did anything change that has made you open to working with Creed again?

I've learned to never say never in life. When years go by, you always seem to forgive and forget. You always give people in situations second and third chances and see where it takes you. I just learned to be more open-minded as the years go by. I used to be the kind of guy that never forgave or forgot and held grudges, and it's not healthy. I just try to go day by day and see how things turn out."

http://www.hngn.com/articles/199103/201 ... -alter.htm

This is good news

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah, it sounds like he hasn't completely closed the door on the idea about it. I just don't think it's realistic to expect anything soon given what Mark mentioned in those comments coupled with their last Creed tour ending on a bit of a sour note...followed by Stapp's issues following that. People are you just going to have to be patient if they want a new Creed album. It's going to be 3-ish years or more if it ever happens again.

I'm hoping Scott can have some success with the band he's joining to help get his name back out there in the music scene.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:Yeah, it sounds like he hasn't completely closed the door on the idea about it. I just don't think it's realistic to expect anything soon given what Mark mentioned in those comments coupled with their last Creed tour ending on a bit of a sour note...followed by Stapp's issues following that. People are you just going to have to be patient if they want a new Creed album. It's going to be 3-ish years or more if it ever happens again.

I'm hoping Scott can have some success with the band he's joining to help get his name back out there in the music scene.
I think he's more open about it because of stapps recent diagnosis. He's probably more sympathetic to him now, like, "Well now THAT's why he always behaved that way"

Not to say stapp can be completely inexcused for his behavior, but he has some legitimate mental reasons why things always fucked up and tremonti probably understands that.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... ml#5900901
1) Take a 1 year hiatus and then reform Creed. This will bring fresh musical ideas instead of oversaturated ideas that come from constant writing.

2) Leave Tremonti and AB on the shelf. I mispoke earlier, Mark needs to focus one 1 band and 1 band only so that he's not saving really great ideas because "they don't fit". That's nonsense - a great idea is a great idea, you can find an organic way to make it fit.

3) Get over this Michael Baskette infatuation and bring back John Kurzweg. John did (obviously) a superb job on the first 3 Creed albums; don't try and fix something that's not broken. I also have this theory that Kurzweg really knows how to guide Stapp's vocals because every album Stapp sings on where Kurzweg is not involved is worse vocal-wise than the Kurzweg albums (or maybe it's just Stapp getting older - who knows). An exhibit? The drums on the second verse of Beautiful was Kurzweg's idea - an irreplaceable dynamic to that song.

4) Do another My Own Prison/Human Clay tour. Maybe 2 months long. Leading into what was supposed to be a 5th album in 2012, this was a genius idea because it brought that old inspiration and those great melodies to the forefront of minds of the band members to really drive the creation into a 'Classic Creed' sound for the 5th album.

5) Get a babysitter for Stapp and have weekly therapy sessions like Metallica did between ALL of the band members. It's sounds like a joke, but Stapp and Tremonti don't hate each other and there's still a friendship there, however small. Brian might still be salty from getting kicked out so let him air that out. Maybe Flip has a concern or two.

6) Thoroughly work on the 5th album. Don't throw it together and don't just insert whatever producer is available at a moment's notice like Full Circle (producer part here is a theory).

7) After the MOP/HC tour cycle, bring back old Creed ideas and work on those.

8) LET STAPP FILTER YOUR MELODIES. The greatest thing about Stapp that may surpass his vocals in the 90s was his ability to filter Tremonti's ideas and pick which ideas stayed or not. Stapp (I don't think) did that with Full Circle so you had these Alter Bridge sounding songs/parts all over the record.

9) Stapp is the frontman and most of the time he will have center stage. That's how it works with bands, get over it. Creed made you millions and now your family is set for life - swallowing a little pride won't kill you. Yes, probably 99% of Creed's music is your creation; every knows that and every knows that without you (Mark), Creed is nothing. That should be enough confidence to let Stapp be the frontman.

10) Record the 5th album. Release it. Make millions.
I can agree with most of these.
Mark having these “creative categories” limits the amount of creativity he can have for each band. If he wrote “Bullets” today, it wouldn’t be categorized as a Creed song and yet, it’s one of Creed’s best songs. At the time he actually wrote Bullets, he was only in one band - it was a great idea - so he made it work. He can’t do that now because ideas have to “fit the category”.
Good point.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote:5) Get a babysitter for Stapp and have weekly therapy sessions like Metallica did between ALL of the band members. It's sounds like a joke, but Stapp and Tremonti don't hate each other and there's still a friendship there, however small. Brian might still be salty from getting kicked out so let him air that out. Maybe Flip has a concern or two.
What about Myles?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:5) Get a babysitter for Stapp and have weekly therapy sessions like Metallica did between ALL of the band members. It's sounds like a joke, but Stapp and Tremonti don't hate each other and there's still a friendship there, however small. Brian might still be salty from getting kicked out so let him air that out. Maybe Flip has a concern or two.
What about Myles?
Sadly, in this scenario, no one actually cares about Myles. I've asked that back in 2009 when Creed reunited and we were assured that he was going to create and release a solo album. Took us nine years to finally hear one and it wasn't even the original ideas back in 2009.

I think it comes down to this point in life that maybe Mark does not care about wanting do anything regarding Creed or wanting to work with Stapp, for the time being, and sometimes, that's ok. Nothing malicious against the Creed brand or Stapp. It's just where Mark wants to go as a musician probably does not involve Creed (and the quality/type of music does not have anything to do that matter). He seems very excited of where he's going as a musician with AB and Tremonti and I would think, as a professional musician, shouldn't that be what matters the most to him? Being excited about creating stuff? If he does not seem excited now about making music with Creed, then he shouldn't have to.

Again, that's IMO.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

chtimixeur wrote:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... ml#5900901
1) Take a 1 year hiatus and then reform Creed. This will bring fresh musical ideas instead of oversaturated ideas that come from constant writing.

2) Leave Tremonti and AB on the shelf. I mispoke earlier, Mark needs to focus one 1 band and 1 band only so that he's not saving really great ideas because "they don't fit". That's nonsense - a great idea is a great idea, you can find an organic way to make it fit.

3) Get over this Michael Baskette infatuation and bring back John Kurzweg. John did (obviously) a superb job on the first 3 Creed albums; don't try and fix something that's not broken. I also have this theory that Kurzweg really knows how to guide Stapp's vocals because every album Stapp sings on where Kurzweg is not involved is worse vocal-wise than the Kurzweg albums (or maybe it's just Stapp getting older - who knows). An exhibit? The drums on the second verse of Beautiful was Kurzweg's idea - an irreplaceable dynamic to that song.

4) Do another My Own Prison/Human Clay tour. Maybe 2 months long. Leading into what was supposed to be a 5th album in 2012, this was a genius idea because it brought that old inspiration and those great melodies to the forefront of minds of the band members to really drive the creation into a 'Classic Creed' sound for the 5th album.

5) Get a babysitter for Stapp and have weekly therapy sessions like Metallica did between ALL of the band members. It's sounds like a joke, but Stapp and Tremonti don't hate each other and there's still a friendship there, however small. Brian might still be salty from getting kicked out so let him air that out. Maybe Flip has a concern or two.

6) Thoroughly work on the 5th album. Don't throw it together and don't just insert whatever producer is available at a moment's notice like Full Circle (producer part here is a theory).

7) After the MOP/HC tour cycle, bring back old Creed ideas and work on those.

8) LET STAPP FILTER YOUR MELODIES. The greatest thing about Stapp that may surpass his vocals in the 90s was his ability to filter Tremonti's ideas and pick which ideas stayed or not. Stapp (I don't think) did that with Full Circle so you had these Alter Bridge sounding songs/parts all over the record.

9) Stapp is the frontman and most of the time he will have center stage. That's how it works with bands, get over it. Creed made you millions and now your family is set for life - swallowing a little pride won't kill you. Yes, probably 99% of Creed's music is your creation; every knows that and every knows that without you (Mark), Creed is nothing. That should be enough confidence to let Stapp be the frontman.

10) Record the 5th album. Release it. Make millions.
I can agree with most of these.
Mark having these “creative categories” limits the amount of creativity he can have for each band. If he wrote “Bullets” today, it wouldn’t be categorized as a Creed song and yet, it’s one of Creed’s best songs. At the time he actually wrote Bullets, he was only in one band - it was a great idea - so he made it work. He can’t do that now because ideas have to “fit the category”.
Good point.
That's funny - this post was actually from me. I thought about posting it on here. It's not in ascending order by the way - I just sort of threw it together. Also, I get that Mark isn't passionate about making more Creed music, but I think if he sits down and really starts thinking about the prospect of, I don't know, sending his grandkids to college or buying and island or something like that - then maybe he'll self motivate. I don't think Creed is anywhere near as popular as they were in 2001 but his best chance doubling or tripling his net worth is with Creed. I can see a new Creed album getting released and instantly jumping to #1 overall on iTunes. Maybe on Billboard as well - I think it's been long enough that people would eat it up. Yeah, yeah, it's not about money. But, when you get down to it, it kind of is with these guys. If no one came to AB or Tremonti shows or bought their records, do you think these bands would still exist? No way.

Give us 5 more years and 2, maybe 3, more albums and then you can kill Creed forever and play with your other little bands till the day you die. I think that's all that your, obviously much larger, Creed fan base would ask for.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Really? Why in the world would Mark want to buy an island? Sounds like a big and unnecessary money sink.

Sometimes, it's not always about accumulating the most amount of money you can possibly get or playing in front of the biggest crowds possible.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

anguyen92 wrote:Really? Why in the world would Mark want to buy an island? Sounds like a big and unnecessary money sink.

Sometimes, it's not always about accumulating the most amount of money you can possibly get or playing in front of the biggest crowds possible.
Idk, that was just an example lol. I seem to remember recently watching a video of him and Myles in Guitar Center and, I think, Mark broke down and bought a guitar and acted like he needed to be more frugal.