Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by Ubik »

A+++

And seriously, so cool to see how confident (and great) Mark is singing like this now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://crypticrock.com/tremonti-a-dyin ... um-review/

4.5/5
Born and bred to play Heavy Metal, multi-platinum selling riff maestro Mark Tremonti is conceivably the most underrated guitarist of the last twenty years. Named Guitarist of the Year on three occasions by Guitar World Magazine, Tremonti has cited Thrash Metal icons Metallica and Testament as two of his biggest influences. That said, it is no wonder the guitarist/vocalist’s band, Tremonti, has reached chart-topping success across the board via their first three studio albums – 2012’s All I Was, 2015’s Cauterize, and 2016’s Dust. Adding to this prized collection of Speed Metal, Tremonti’s fourth studio album, A Dying Machine, is set for release on Friday, June 8, 2018, via Napalm Records.

Once again teaming up alongside veteran Producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette, with Eric Friedman (guitar/bass) and Garrett Whitlock (drums) rounding out the line-up, Tremonti entered an Orlando, Florida studio in late 2017 to record his most ambitious album yet. Inspired by best-selling authors like George R.R. Martin and Gene Wolfe, Tremonti set out to cultivate his first ever concept album.

Raising the bar, Tremonti crafted an engaging, emotional composition, bridging obsession, unrequited love, and destruction at the turn of the century. Regarding the plot, Tremonti commented, “Even with the concept, it’s very personal. At it’s core, this is a human story, but with a twist.” Awakening the senses, Tremonti’s labor gave birth to his finest-sounding album to date. A Dying Machine is a jagged tour of sonic goodness filled with unconstrained mechanical guitar riffs and palpitating drums.

Opening up A Dying Machine, the aptly baptized “Bringer of War” is a staggering and melodic offering, categorically bringing the fight as does the next track, “From The Sky.” Epic to a degree, “A Dying Machine” is descriptive of something slowly falling apart and continues the theme into the next track, “Trust.” Here, Tremonti musically builds to a higher level at the start of the second verse, pushing to let go of the past and form a new beginning. Holding nothing back, the blunt “Throw Them To The Lions” takes out the trash in heavily slaying fashion (“Throw them to the lions and watch them drown“).

Pulsating, the direct hit of “Make It Hurt” will get heads whipping before the reluctant “Traipse” contemplates the fate of another, or, possibly, its own destiny. Now, the most profound ballad in the Tremonti catalog, “The First The Last” is a painfully emotive track about undying love and regret. Thereafter, “A Lot Like Sin” gives a wicked vibe and then “The Day When Legions Burned” will physically topple large objects without warning. Needing a friend, “As Silence Becomes Me” precedes the hopeful single “Take You With Me.” Empty inside, “Desolation” speaks of losing the chance to restore life from a past aberration as the interlude “Found” closes the curtain on this magnetic adventure.

Undoubtedly, with A Dying Machine, Tremonti boldly steps into the challenge of writing a concept album. Having said this, Tremonti did in fact make the right choice and may have just launched his career to one mark above the next level. To an extent, once absorbing A Dying Machine, a listener may feel the meaning to it all still remains a mystery, thus adding to the album’s mystique. However, there will also be listeners who pick up on the pattern of lost love and loss of control with a touch of unrelated rebellion. Either way, let the meaning lay in the eye of the beholder, as Tremonti fans will love this new release and how it sinks its teeth into the mind. Gifting fans more to look forward to, Tremonti has stated a novel based on A Dying Machine is in the works, and that should be well-worth checking out! One of 2018’s best and brightest offerings, CrypticRock gives A Dying Machine 4.5 out of 5 stars.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://alreadyheard.com/review-tremont ... g-machine/

3.5/5
While Myles Kennedy stands as the powerhouse face of Alter Bridge, it’s Mark Tremonti’s guitar work that’s really taken them over the top. After all, there are few bands in modern hard rock that can get as heavy and borderline progressive as they can, a notion exacerbated by the phenomenal sense of scope and ambition present in Tremonti’s eponymous side-project.

And on ’A Dying Machine’, very little has changed. Four albums in and Tremonti are continuing to push themselves creatively, this time with a concept album surrounding a war between humans and cyborgs (with an accompanying novel to be released, no less). Granted, it’s tough for the final product to match the scale of the ambition. At an hour long, the expected filler does show up, particularly in the final third, but there’s enough density in the concept and execution to make up for it. The progressive and speed-metal influences on ’Throw Them To The Lions’ and ’Traipse’ inject some notable thrills here, while the power ballad ’The First The Last’ is definitely more accessible, but still has that dexterity.

That’s definitely the crucial factor about ’A Dying Machine’ that works so well; it might be more progressive and detailed than Tremonti’s main project, but this is still a brand of arena-friendly hard rock that’s so easy to get on board with. Whether that’s the proliferation of towering, crunching riffs, or some impressive vocal lines from Tremonti himself. Just take ’Take You With Me’ or the aforementioned ’The First The Last’, both of which have that surging, progressive touch but would fit seamlessly on rock radio.

It’s impressive stuff, especially considering how overlooked Tremonti go with regards to the modern metal conversation. Even though not everything connects entirely, there are enough thrills for any hard rock or metal fan to get plenty of mileage out of it. A album is bit bloated, sure, but it has more than enough to make up for it.

3.5/5

‘A Dying Machine’ by Tremonti is released on 8th June on Napalm Records.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Our review will come on Thursday (hopefully).
We received the album today - so we try our best to stay in time.

It will probably be not as detailed as our last review on „The Last Hero“.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Well, just pre-ordered the Walmart exclusive.

It'll be here on Thursday, along with my Quest protein cookies and Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste.

Had to fill up the cart to get that free shipping!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

facelessman07 wrote:Well, just pre-ordered the Walmart exclusive.

It'll be here on Thursday, along with my Quest protein cookies and Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste.

What an absurdly random assortment of items :lol :lol :lol .

Such is Walmart though. Last time I went I bought Doritos and a screwdriver.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://distortedsoundmag.com/album-rev ... -tremonti/
There is no rest for the wicked as the Grammy award winning Mark Tremonti gears up to release the 4th studio album from his TREMONTI project and follow up to 2016’s Dust entitled A Dying Machine due for release on June 8th via Napalm Records. After being announced as the support for IRON MAIDEN on a string of European dates the band are looking to grab the spotlight with this effort and show everyone why they are a band not to be missed!

Bringer Of War charges into battle with monstrous opening riffs and thunderous drums setting the tempo at a blistering pace. The melodious tones of Tremonti‘s vocals integrate seamlessly alongside the frenzied riff attack before bursting into a powerful bellowing chorus. Mouth watering solo work puts an emphatic exclamation point on the opening track before From The Sky comes launching out of the gates. The infectious hard hitting riffs are an interesting blend of shredding mixed with an upbeat punk style vibe. Interlinked with soaring vocal passages the combination creates an anthemic blend of high energy which is destined for the stage.

Title track A Dying Machine keeps the vigorous bouts of riffing at a frenetic peak as the vocals are bursting with raw emotion. Waves of calm and chaos flow throughout as the razor sharp guitar work is clinically polished. Trust takes a steadier almost nu metal approach lead with prominent bass lines guiding the infectious grooves. In line with its predecessors it also comes equipped with an insatiably accessible chorus.

Throw Them To The Lions builds up the tension with an almost mechanical distorted riff before diving into a whirlwind of frantic intricacy and huge vocal hooks reminiscent of SACRED MOTHER TONGUE. The crunchy guitar tone creates an extra level of aggression to the track nicely teeing up the pulsating drum work and irresistible guitar work of Make It Hurt. Tremonti has most certainly found his sweet spot for creating memorable vocal patterns that entangle you in his conceptual vision for the album.

The clean inviting tones of Traipse flow into adrenaline fuelled hard rock beats which are so invigorating that they are headbang inducing. Further sublime solo work is displayed showcasing just how much talent Tremonti has in the tank as he effortlessly swaggers through a barrage of riffs creating one of the most flamboyant tracks A Dying Machine has to offer. After such a blast of pure energy The First The Last brings a more stripped back, emotional effort into the mix that portrays the feeling of heartbreak and loss. Being able to flawlessly rifle out fierce heavy tracks as well as having the ability to combine that with powerfully poignant ballads is a facet which a lot of bands have difficulty but in this instance it is executed eloquently.

A Lot Like Sin powers right back into punchy riffs and roaring vocal passages as the tempo begins to bubble up once more before the eruption of The Day When Legions Burned brings a battering ram of drums straight to your ears. This track possesses a thrash metal quality with fast paced fret work guaranteed to a churn up a maelstrom of circle pits if unleashed in a live setting.

As Silence Becomes is almost a polar opposite of its previous counterpart. Commencing with a slow yet elaborate acoustic passage as Tremonti wears his heart on his sleeve showing a distinct vulnerability in his lyrical content, creating an enthralling experience. Take You With Me raises the spirits with an almost pop punk melody bundled into speed injected shredding. It is no surprise that this track was released prior to the album launch as it is ridiculously catchy and possesses a radio friendly vibe which will hopefully grab the attention of a wider base of listeners.

Desolation feels like it has taken inspiration from ALTER BRIDGE comrade Myles Kennedy with a sombre yet intriguing acoustic tone. Short sharp snaps of heaviness cut through accompanied by some flamboyant but tasteful lead work as the album draws to a close. In line with the concept of A Dying Machine the final track Found displays ominous mechanical sounds chiming in the background whilst the tense beats provide the feeling of witnessing the credits roll after a blockbuster motion picture providing a moment of reflection as the album draws to a close.

It is always a fear when a particular project explodes in popularity that the others may fade into obscurity but with TREMONTI this couldn’t be further from the truth. A Dying Machine exhibits some of Tremonti‘s finest work all neatly shoehorned into a conceptual showcase of fascinating guitar work and captivating vocal passages. The novel which accompanies the release should provide further insight into what has proven to be a wealth of material to digest and savour.

Rating: 9/10

A Dying Machine - Tremonti

A Dying Machine is set for release on June 8th via Napalm Records.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I kind of doubt it’ll arrive Thursday. I preordered mine a few days ago and it said it would arrive yesterday. Still says that today actually lol.
Photobucket cash grab.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Anyone else's pre-order from Napalm show up in the mail today?

I pre-ordered the Gold vinyl, and to my surprise it was sitting on my doorstep when I got home a few minutes ago. But here's the rub...I don't actually have a record player yet...talk about torture! :eek

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I’ve passed on all the preorder bundles. I’ve gotten pretty picky over that stuff lately.

I am debating on whether I want to order the Walmart exclusive. Kinda pisses me off that they give the bonus tracks to Wal-mart, of all places.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

How much did you have to spend to get the free shipping?

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

anguyen92 wrote:

How much did you have to spend to get the free shipping?
$35 i believe

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

WaywardOne wrote:

What an absurdly random assortment of items :lol :lol :lol .

Such is Walmart though. Last time I went I bought Doritos and a screwdriver.
You build up quite an appetite working with a screwdriver

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Ryan wrote:

I kind of doubt it’ll arrive Thursday. I preordered mine a few days ago and it said it would arrive yesterday. Still says that today actually lol.
Don't you dare ruin this for me...

THE ALBUM WILL BE DELIVERED ON THURSDAY!!!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

facelessman07 wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Don't you dare ruin this for me...

THE ALBUM WILL BE DELIVERED ON THURSDAY!!!
Haha, I hope so, cause that will mean mine is here today or tomorrow!
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Didn’t come today :(
Photobucket cash grab.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I've spent kind of a lot of money on five copies in total of the new album. Bought two copies from Walmart two copies from Newbury comics and one artist bundle for like almost $90 I think it was. I have to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 by now, I have heard the released songs so far, I'm really digging As the Silence Becomes Me Take You with Me and A Dying Machine, but I was somewhat disappointed that I have not gotten any kind of shipping confirmations from anyone yet. Dammit I'm anxious, funny thing is though I can't stop listening to Mark's cover of Just What I Needed, so much so that I downloaded the video edited the audio and put it on my phone in regular rotation with the rest of the music I have

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Ryan wrote:Didn’t come today :(
...that's because it will be here on Thursday...

How can it be there today if it has to be here on Thursday?

Huh??

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

facelessman07 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Didn’t come today :(
...that's because it will be here on Thursday...

How can it be there today if it has to be here on Thursday?

Huh??
Because mine said it would arrive by yesterday...and it didn’t. So I thought I might be lucky and get it today or tomorrow.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jags4
Brand New Start

Post by Jags4 »

Hi everyone, first time posting long time listening lol. Does anyone have any information on the book, I thought it was to release along side the album but I can't find anything regarding it. Thanks