Post by chtimixeur »

Badass picture
source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BifBR3SgbWe ... scottstapp

Now, he's back in the studio

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

Here is a video of One Last Breath which he performed a few weeks a ago. He and the band sound really good. The guitarist reminds somewhat of Tremonti. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ51wGLQ3_Y

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah he's still got it. We're missing some good would be creed shows right now. The guys should get some sense into them already and get back together.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Have you heard Tremonti’s latest solo stuff? Creed can wait.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Creed>>>>all

I'm a creed fan first and foremost. Their music is way better than the solo attempts. Even Full circle.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote: Even Full circle.
You mean Alter Bridge light featuring Scert Sterp?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Have you heard Tremonti’s latest solo stuff? Creed can wait.
Nope.
A couple of weeks ago, I actually listened to all 3 Tremonti albums back to back with an open mind. Everything sounded the same to my ears after a while. Mark is still a riff machine, but his songs have become very bland and predictable over the years. It feels to me like he's writing the same song over and over and over again. That was never the case during the Creed and early Alter Bridge days. Those albums were 9/10 or 10/10, whereas his newer stuff with AB or Tremonti is 6/10 or 7/10 at best. I also had huge hopes for the Myles solo record, and it just didn't click with me. After a few spins, I just gave up on it, and it was also the case for all the recent Stapp/Mark/Myles projects. All that stuff is alright, but for me, alright isn't enough. These guys used to be AMAZING.

But, to each his own after all, and if people enjoy these albums, good for them.

Tremonti871412
Brand New Start

Post by Tremonti871412 »

Im trying to get funds together for a Scott Stapp short film. Specifically about his suicide attempts and how rock stars are tormented by life on the road/ social pressures etc. i have a gofund me, if you type in scott stapp it comes up almost immediately. Please share

Tremonti871412
Brand New Start

Post by Tremonti871412 »

chtimixeur wrote:
Nope.
A couple of weeks ago, I actually listened to all 3 Tremonti albums back to back with an open mind. Everything sounded the same to my ears after a while. Mark is still a riff machine, but his songs have become very bland and predictable over the years. It feels to me like he's writing the same song over and over and over again. That was never the case during the Creed and early Alter Bridge days. Those albums were 9/10 or 10/10, whereas his newer stuff with AB or Tremonti is 6/10 or 7/10 at best. I also had huge hopes for the Myles solo record, and it just didn't click with me. After a few spins, I just gave up on it, and it was also the case for all the recent Stapp/Mark/Myles projects. All that stuff is alright, but for me, alright isn't enough. These guys used to be AMAZING.

But, to each his own after all, and if people enjoy these albums, good for them.
His new album sounds different from his other stuff. More and more vocal effort

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Tremonti is about to release his 4th solo album - Creed only has 4 albums. It's Creed's turn.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

What exactly is Tremonti doing during the time Myles will be doing the next Slash record and tour? Surely there would be time in 2019 to make a Creed record before AB gets back.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I honestly do not see that happening. I think the Creed ship has sailed.
Thanks Timo!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Fortunately Creed is something from the past now.
The present and future are reserved for so much better music now.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Never give up on the dream. I'll always be here for creed and listening to their tracks.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

And there is nothing wrong with that !

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I'd be surprised if we ever heard any new Creed stuff ever again. I just don't think the desire is there, particularly from Mark more than even the other guys. As much as I always loved Creed's music, based on the way things have repeatedly gone down with the band and Scott and Mark's relationship (and some of this is based on what I remember of Scott saying in his book about Mark and Mark's "other bands"), it's probably for the better that way. You can't force something that isn't really "there" anymore or you get something washed up from what we originally had.

That said, if something could happen naturally and genuinely that would lead to more Creed music, I'd be just as excited as some of you would be. I just don't think it's realistic at this point.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think there might be a Creed tour in the future, which will be accompanied with a single or a short EP from old material they have lying around, but I don't think they will ever be able to write a full album again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Mark was recently on the Eddie Trunk podcast, and he said this:
People wannna relive their childhood, so when people get older, they go out and buy up all the old records from the bands they used to love. Hopefully, one day, Creed becomes what everybody wants to remember their childhood with, and they demand a tour or something, but until then, I'm really busy with these bands.
So in his mind, Creed is all about nostalgia, but the demand is just not there yet.
nagpo wrote:What exactly is Tremonti doing during the time Myles will be doing the next Slash record and tour? Surely there would be time in 2019 to make a Creed record before AB gets back.
A short 2019 summer tour seems more plausible than a record.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Wrapped up an incredible few weeks in the studio! Vocals completed✔️ So grateful to work with an awesome team!

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjxvc3Il36l ... scottstapp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

He looks healthy. Now I'm curious about his upcoming music. Hopefully it will be much different from his two solo records.