Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by Ubik »

After many more listens, most of the bridge is fine, it's just the transition into it that jars so much, particularly coming after the fun post-chorus/pre-verse riff. Doubly weird as it then segues back into the chorus really nicely. But yeah, doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the rest of the song at all.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I just checked Marks Twitter again and he gave a more specific release window for Bringer Of War this time. He said 2 weeks! :eek :mtrocks

Approx. 14 days until Bringer of War! :rockon
:cheers Bring the heavy! :rockon so pumped for this one

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I love this song, actually enjoyed it more than A Dying Machine. It’s fast, upbeat, and catchy but still has insane riffs and guitar work, and holy fuck, Marks voice is incredible here. Song reminds me of stuff like the title track on ODR, which I also love.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Mr. Slash wrote:But the way Mark sings the "with our own scars" part, really scares me. Is it autotune or is he really able to sing such high notes? Well, either way I don't think that he will be able to pull that off on stage.
It seems indeed a bit too high for him to pull it off live.[/quote]

Seems like it is more falsetto than autotune. I think he can get it live.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

That ain't no falsetto. It's just a clean high, perhaps in a mix or head voice. I think he would struggle with that live night after night.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Btw, today is Mark's birthday. According to Wikipedia he is 44 years old now. Damn, he looks so freaking young for his age. Maybe he is some Cyberpunk robot himself?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Mr. Slash wrote:Btw, today is Mark's birthday. According to Wikipedia he is 44 years old now. Damn, he looks so freaking young for his age. Maybe he is some Cyberpunk robot himself?
:shifty

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Maybe Mark is the Dying Machine?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tremonti social Media shared an image of what the LP Poster is gonna look like. Looks like it has all the lyrics from the album on it too. You can clearly see the lyrics to Traipse in the picture. :rockon :headbang :mtrocks :cloud9 I love the song already :lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

From the sky looks like it could be an introduction song of sorts. Minimal lyrics on there.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AllC392Was wrote:From the sky looks like it could be an introduction song of sorts. Minimal lyrics on there.
Didn’t catch that but damn, you’re right. Good, more room for the music to shine :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

48 DAYS UNTIL TREMONTI IV: "A DYING MACHINE" :headbang
21 DAYS UNTIL "A DYING MACHINE" LISTENING PARTY :rockon
APPROX. 9 DAYS UNTIL "BRINGER OF WAR" :eek

Now all we need is a confirmed release date for the novel so I can start to count down to that too :lol

Is anyone else really excited for the novel? :/ I've already started to get excited at the thought of how many pages and chapters it will have :lol I hope it has a decent amount, I dont know what to expect though since it's Marks first time writing a novel and the fact there's two authors :/ I'm hoping anywhere from 300-500 pages at least :lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I wouldn't expect it to be very long, my guess would be around 300 pgs which is standard for putting an idea to paper. Then again I think I read that Mark likes fantasy so he might have bigger plans in the outline he gave the ghost writer if he's used to reading those longer series. I'll definitely check it out but I've got plenty of books to keep me busy in the meantime :)

Traipse looks pretty sparse, there's almost as many oh no's as lyrics lol will be interesting to see how it turns out

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:I wouldn't expect it to be very long, my guess would be around 300 pgs which is standard for putting an idea to paper. Then again I think I read that Mark likes fantasy so he might have bigger plans in the outline he gave the ghost writer if he's used to reading those longer series. I'll definitely check it out but I've got plenty of books to keep me busy in the meantime :)

Traipse looks pretty sparse, there's almost as many oh no's as lyrics lol will be interesting to see how it turns out

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see :/ I dont :lol This will probably be the only book I read for a while So that's why Im hoping it's a long one :lol

Did you mean "From The Sky", Tacos? Traipse looks like like an average amount of lyrics to me :headscratch

I did notice an abundance of "Oh"s in the lyrics so far :lol Maybe that's how all the songs are connected thematically :lol

Traipse - 6x ohs
A Dying Machine - 8x ohs
From The Sky - 12x ohs?
Take You With Me - 7x ohs

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Oh yeah, From the Sky my bad. I've been getting more into audiobooks lately. It lets me do 2 things at once at the gym. Just finished the Thrawn trilogy from Timothy Zahn in the old Star Wars books series and then I blasted through Ready Player One in like 2 days. I can recommend the latter as long as young adult tropes don't make you cringe too much. Would be awesome if we got an audiobook of Mark reading this novel haha but that seems unlikely.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Fish Tacos wrote:Oh yeah, From the Sky my bad. I've been getting more into audiobooks lately. It lets me do 2 things at once at the gym. Just finished the Thrawn trilogy from Timothy Zahn in the old Star Wars books series and then I blasted through Ready Player One in like 2 days. I can recommend the latter as long as young adult tropes don't make you cringe too much. Would be awesome if we got an audiobook of Mark reading this novel haha but that seems unlikely.
Was it hard reading Thrawn knowing it's not cannon anymore? :/

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Not per se as 7, 8 and Solo have left me caring very little about the future of the franchise at the moment. I felt Zahn never really took advantage of the plot avenues Jorus C'baoth gave him with Luke's mentorship subplot/doubts and Thrawn was cool but had a lackluster and anticlimactic end, which may have been intentional but seemed flat for me. I also thought it was annoying he tried to have Luke's conflict end the same way as ROTJ. Apparently icing stormtroopers left and right is fine but Luke being unable to make the necessary decision with C'baoth and still having the ending resolve was a contrived convenience. That being said it was nice to be back in the old material again and it was neat to think that some of this material influenced other stuff I liked (Force Scream winding up in games for example).

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I’m gonna be honest, I liked the title track but it doesn’t really stand out among Mark’s previous work. And the new single is pretty meh.

My excitement for the album is dwindling a bit.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I asked Mark if he had any idea yet about how long the book will be, and he said about 300 pages! :peace :mtrocks

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

soooo we are getting a new song friday?