"No more sorrow, now it's gone."

A place for all Creed discussion.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

"No more sorrow, now it's gone."

Post by Dan Dando »

Only heard this song for the first time recently and I keep going back to that terrific and uplifting bridge.

Well as though we rise
As the day breaks the dawn
And as the moon hides the sun
Oh, the sun

No more sorrow
All those crying days are gone
No more sorrow, now it's gone
Now it's gone
Now it's gone

Just wondered where this song ranked in the minds of fellow Creed fans? (I think the lyrics are correct)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: "No more sorrow, now it's gone."

Post by Andy92 »

It's definitely my favorite non-album track they ever did. I think it ranks pretty high amongst all of their songs for me personally. Probably somewhere in the top 10, but not top 5.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah it's one of their best. it should have been on human clay, replacing inside us all.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Yeah great song. I remember Eric Friedman likes this song a lot too and wanted to play it on the reunion tour but they never did. If you didn't know about this song, then there are a couple more that fell through the cracks and you might not know about also - Bound and Tied and To Whom It May Concern which are also just as good.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

nagpo wrote:yeah it's one of their best. it should have been on human clay, replacing inside us all.
Whoa whoa whoa...while it should definitely have been on the album, it definitely should not have replaced Inside Us All.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Vaux wrote:Yeah great song. I remember Eric Friedman likes this song a lot too and wanted to play it on the reunion tour but they never did. If you didn't know about this song, then there are a couple more that fell through the cracks and you might not know about also - Bound and Tied and To Whom It May Concern which are also just as good.
Cheers for the links. It's a shame there's no live version, from either Creed era. I'm surprised as to how I let some of these B-Sides slip by me. 'Whom It May Concern' is a treat.

Thanks again :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

VigilantSteve wrote:
nagpo wrote:yeah it's one of their best. it should have been on human clay, replacing inside us all.
Whoa whoa whoa...while it should definitely have been on the album, it definitely should not have replaced Inside Us All.
Yeah, it could've replaced Wrong Way or maybe even Wash Away Those Years. But I always loved Inside Us All.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Bound And Tied Live from Tempe 98.

Tremonti's live guitar tone is Badass.
Stapp at his prime.

Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

man stapp was fucking epic back then. He pranced around a stage like he was possessed.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

nagpo wrote:man stapp was fucking epic back then. He pranced around a stage like he was possessed.
Yeah, to say the fellow had immense stage presence back then would be an understatement. It's crazy to think that he's only 24 years old in that video.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Great song. Definitely one of their best.

A few videos that you may appreciate are:
Is this the end? (acoustic)

Is this the end 'bridge' within To Whom It May Concern (at 29 minutes)

It's great stuff - I wish I could have seen them live.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Andy92 wrote:
VigilantSteve wrote:
Yeah, it could've replaced Wrong Way or maybe even Wash Away Those Years. But I always loved Inside Us All.
I think I'd have a difficult time replacing any song that's on Human Clay since the whole album flows so well as it is. My least favorite song is Never Die, but it has a killer bridge and keeps the flow of the album moving nicely.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Shortman45 wrote:Great song. Definitely one of their best.

A few videos that you may appreciate are...

It's great stuff - I wish I could have seen them live.
Really cool stuff, especially hearing 'To Whom It May Concern' & 'Is This The End' integrated like that. Appreciate the links :)

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I really miss how MT would go from real clean tone to distortion in his playing mid song. I wish that was still his style.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Holy hell! You know, all of Scott's "baggage" kind of ruins the whole Creed thing for me most of the time, but when you forget all that and just listen to the music... damn. Good stuff. And hearing those two songs together like that, wow. Just fantastic! I love AB, and Tremonti, and all the side projects, but I do wish they could find room to do some Creed stuff once in a while too.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm actually fine with the band being done for good.
They had their chance at making a comeback and all blew it : Stapp was disrespectful to Mark, Mark refused to go into full Creed mode (both live and in the studio), and Flip couldn't ever play on the proper tempo.
The chemistry was never really on stage there during the comeback, and we just have to accept the fact Creed is a thing of the past.
It was great while it lasted, but this band has no future whatsoever.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:I'm actually fine with the band being done for good.
They had their chance at making a comeback and all blew it : Stapp was disrespectful to Mark, Mark refused to go into full Creed mode (both live and in the studio), and Flip couldn't ever play on the proper tempo.
The chemistry was never really on stage there during the comeback, and we just have to accept the fact Creed is a thing of the past.
It was great while it lasted, but this band has no future whatsoever.
I'm kind of the same as well, i mean, if they come back I will support them. But I don't want a half-hearted attempt that ruins their legacy. I currently like the musical output of Tremonti/AB/Stapp for the most part and would be okay if it remains this way.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I suppose there's only so much mileage you can get out of topics about their songs, so it's understandable that after about 15-20 posts most Creed related topics on this forum end up drifting off to the subject of another return/reunion :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i mean, these songs came out twenty or so years ago. I still listen to them regularly.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I also really like this live version of Riders On The Storm