Re: Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by chtimixeur »

This is a solo tour.
There is no need for 7 AB songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

World On Fire and Addicted to Pain both shouldn't be in there. I also don't care about about Rise Today acoustically.

For the rest it's really nice setlist, though I hope to hear Don't Walk Away when I see him in a few days. He said he was was going to put that song in the setlist.. Two more songs from YOTT would be appreciated as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'd really like to listen to an acoustic version of WoF.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I had a brief discussion on FB with some of the principals about the relative value of seeing some of the fan-shot videos from the concerts and whether those online grainy clips with poor sound cheapened the experience. Respectfully, from my perspective as an old and diehard and emotionally invested fan, I don't see how seeing these clips can hurt at all. They're merciful drops of water to a man dying from thirst in the desert.

My opinion clearly differed from some much closer to the scene who have a better option. But it motherf***ing breaks my heart that I'm not going to get to see any of these solo shows. I understand Myles will likely get a band together and tour YOTT and I hope that comes anywhere in my damn time zone. I've been hoping/planning for years that I'd road trip to a bunch of Myles' shows if/when he finally did his solo stuff ala Bofest, but as fate/circumstance have played out, I'm not going to get to see a single one. So I'm grateful to see any rendition, no matter how poor the quality, of any of these solos shows. Lover, solo, acoustic? Oh my god. It isn't cheapening the experience if that's the only experience I get.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He's going to start playing 6 of the new songs soon now that the album is out from what I've heard.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'd almost wish he'd wait to play more of those songs with the band. The solo act gives him such an opportunity to really personalize what he wants to play. Loved the setlists so far. Really amazed to hear Levon. What a pull.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So finally gonna have my almost-Bofest-experience tonight in Amsterdam ! Thrilled !

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Here a video from Pretoria where you can see the crowd pretty well. That's a pretty big venue I would say.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Today's set in Amsterdam. A few changes there. One thing, he opted to roll with only five AB songs (AND NOT HAVE RISE TODAY IN IT! That's a huge plus right away). Also, he played The Mayfield Four's Don't Walk Away. The video is below.

Devil on the Wall
Standing in the Sun
Before Tomorrow Comes
Eden
Addicted to Pain
Haunted By Design
Starlight
All Ends Well
Going to California (Led Zeppelin Cover)
Blind Faith
Mars Hotel
Year of the Tiger
Traveling Riverside Blues
World on Fire
Don't Walk Away
Watch Over You
Open Your Eyes

Levon (Elton John cover)
Hallelujah

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/myles-ke ... fe547.html

Edit: Welp, NVM. The setlist was updated and it included Rise Today, plus Wonderful Life and Lover. 22 songs, I wish he would incorporate more obscurer AB tracks (instead of the usual and way too overplayed and stale for my preference nowadays tracks that shows up all the time in AB shows, festivals included) more Mayfield Four tracks, and of course, more songs from Year of the Tiger. Sometimes, I question why he keeps plays certain AB tracks like Rise Today and Before Tomorrow Comes, even in his solo set, despite a large catalog to draw from. However, I am reminded that even when he plays with Slash, half the set is GNR tracks despite Slash having a large catalog songs that I would prefer them to emphasis a little more including solo, Velvet Revolver, and Slash's Snakepit.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome!

And you can see why he ends up playing so many old reliables when people at the beginning are shouting for "Wonderful Life! Watch Over You!" rather than new album stuff. I'd be shouting for Big Verb, to be fair.
For all of the hope that it brings...

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Unfortunately those last three songs edited /added were NOT included in the set. I was there in Amsterdam. Great show, relaxed Myles. Spotted Roel helping out Timmy on stage..................it was a real shouting Timmy Timmy Timmy night. Will definitely go again if he revisits Holland. No need for a band to join him on stage. This man is so good !!!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That Don't Walk Away video was wonderful. It's easily one of my favourite songs of his, and he did it justice after so many years.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

chtimixeur wrote:That Don't Walk Away video was wonderful. It's easily one of my favourite songs of his, and he did it justice after so many years.
:bow

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Proshot McProshotface

hamptonfive
Brand New Start

Post by hamptonfive »

the next 3 weeks of his solo tour will be filmed:)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:So Timo. When you read this message, how was the show in Belgium?
It was a great night. I'll post my thoughts tonight when I have more time.

They were filming most of the night indeed.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

anguyen92 wrote: Edit: Welp, NVM. The setlist was updated and it included Rise Today, plus Wonderful Life and Lover. 22 songs, I wish he would incorporate more obscurer AB tracks (instead of the usual and way too overplayed and stale for my preference nowadays tracks that shows up all the time in AB shows, festivals included) more Mayfield Four tracks, and of course, more songs from Year of the Tiger. Sometimes, I question why he keeps plays certain AB tracks like Rise Today and Before Tomorrow Comes, even in his solo set, despite a large catalog to draw from. However, I am reminded that even when he plays with Slash, half the set is GNR tracks despite Slash having a large catalog songs that I would prefer them to emphasis a little more including solo, Velvet Revolver, and Slash's Snakepit.
Lover was never originally on the setlist, he also didn't play it.
Skipped Wonderful Life and swapped Rise Today for Hallelujah due to high demand.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Announced for Ramblin Man Fair in UK in june
This lineup sucks for the price :S

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

Oh man, I want tickets for Ramblin man fiar now. Myles and Cadillac Three. Awesome!!

Tremonti is in Birmingham the same day.

I'm on holiday tho :(
Thanks

Steve