A place for all Creed discussion.
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
nagpo wrote:AoA was good
It was pretty bland imho. Especially Bumblefoot's riffs and tone in general really disappointed me. The guitars sounded as if they used 20 dollar Walmart amps.
You're contradicting yourself. Previously you said that he was good technically on guitar but a bad songwriter, but in this post you're claiming he is also bad technically on guitar.
He is a good guitar player as you can see on the gigs he played with GnR, but he didn't transfer his skills onto the AoA record.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm wondering what motivates Stapp to write and record a new solo album, since he barely played anything off it on his latest tours. It's like he's accepted the fact he'll play the same 12 Creed songs until the rest of his career.

He's gotta know the Creed style is not popular anymore, and he won't get any song on the radio with it.
So what's next? What can he do to be kinda succesful again? Country? Pop-rock? A duets album?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:I'm wondering what motivates Stapp to write and record a new solo album, since he barely played anything off it on his latest tours. It's like he's accepted the fact he'll play the same 12 Creed songs until the rest of his career.

He's gotta know the Creed style is not popular anymore, and he won't get any song on the radio with it.
So what's next? What can he do to be kinda succesful again? Country? Pop-rock? A duets album?
I would imagine that the writing and recording of new material is where he gets most of his artistic fulfillment from since he seems burdened to play the same material live ad nauseam. People that go to his shows go for the creed songs and he probably doesn't want to lose the money. So in that sense, as long as people are going to his shows, he has a profitable niche that he can exploit. But unfortunately what this means is that he'll never grow his audience. And his current audience does not seem to care about this, most of them are 30+ years old who only want to hear old Creed songs anyway just for nostalgic reasons.

I agree with the idea that he should drop Creed from his repertoire and focus purely on his solo material of which there is a significant amount of now to carry a show. He took a step in the right direction with AoA never playing a creed song and only doing their own material. To grow as a performer he must take risks but keeping Creed in his shows will only stagnate his career and is only evidence in my mind that he is only surviving off of Mark Tremonti's musical talent (almost exclusively playing Creed music.).

I wish that he would read this post and recognize that my criticisms, while coming from a place of admiration, are meant to help him grow his career and respect amongst his peers and rock community.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I sure as hell didn't go for Creed songs when I saw him a few years ago but I know I'm likely in the minority. However I talked to a few people outside of that show and reaction to songs from Proof of Life, it seemed that album was well received in Toronto at least.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Artist: ‘Make America Rock Again‘: Scott Stapp, Drowning Pool, Sick Puppies, Trapt, etc.
Venue: Sterling Heights, MI – Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
Date: Aug. 27th, 2017
Gross Sales: $23,025
Attendance/Capacity: 850 / 4,563
Ticket Prices: $49.50, $35, $20

source: http://www.theprp.com/2018/02/14/news/e ... etc-shows/

Ouch!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

hmm i remember when rock artists were able to sell out venues more

I mean, look at this video from back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbEzkmqZ_Y

I guess shows were more of a novetly back then. You couldn't just go on Youtube and watch a live concert or something

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

cheesedip1 wrote:hmm i remember when rock artists were able to sell out venues more

I mean, look at this video from back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbEzkmqZ_Y

I guess shows were more of a novetly back then. You couldn't just go on Youtube and watch a live concert or something
I would say that these acts are simply outdated.

Scott Stapp himself is a joke, Drowning Pool became popular for a while because of a meme, Trapt and Sick Puppies never were much more than a side note of the Post Grunge/Alternative Metal genre. Therefore it seems quite logical that such a concert isn't pulling much attention.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Video frop the studio with Marti Frederiksen and Scott Stevens
https://twitter.com/ScottStapp/status/9 ... 4864495618
He says he'll spend the next 3 or 4 months recording it, so I expect a fall release.

Info about Scott Stevens : MultiPlatinum writer producer mixer, Pulse, Grammy nom, Nothing More, Wilson, Shinedown, Halestorm, Highly suspect, ITM, Daughtry ,GBJ

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's also working with songwriter Zac Maloy

Here are the rock artists he worked with:
http://www.zacmaloy.com/discography/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Sounds like we're getting another Proof of Life >>

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

nagpo wrote:Sounds like we're getting another Proof of Life >>
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@nagpo: my thoughts exactly. I wonder who's financing the album. Last time, he had a budget from Wind-up, but now, how is he paying those dudes?

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

He's also being sued for 1.2 million.

http://loudwire.com/art-of-anarchy-sue- ... mote-band/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

/

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

/
Last edited by cheesedip1 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i'm an introvert and find it too much of a hassle to go "out". I just buy the records. That's the most I can do to express my support. But I wouldn't go to a stapp show if i had to pay for it. Why? Because he doesn't play much original material. Why would I want to hear a bunch of Creed covers? I was lucky enough to see creed live post-reunion and have no interest in hearing these songs played live to me with anyone other than the full original act.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

i dont go to a lot of concerts either

although i used to, yea

coemgein
Brand New Start

Post by coemgein »

Last edited by coemgein on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Wow, this is gold!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

This French show had the best musical selection I can think of. If you liked rock or metal in the 90's, almost every band that mattered performed on that show (Metallica, Slayer, Nirvana, Prince, Sepultura, AC/DC, Machine Head, Page & Plant, Muse, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, System of a Down, The Offspring, Sugar Ray, Beastie Boys and SO many more). They even allowed Slipknot to play twice at 7 p.m., which is unimagineable nowadays.
Just search for "Nulle Part Ailleurs" or NPA on Youtube, and you'll find some gems:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... leurs+live