Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Agny suggests someone should create a new thread for this, so I might as well do it. Myles have got some shows booked in South Africa and the UK in March. I'm sure the rest of the Europe and the states would be listed eventually.

Whose hyped? As per usual, I'm hyped for the tour. Would be more hyped if he announces a show in Southern California and I'll probably be there at any city he picks within a 50 miles radius of Anaheim.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Re: Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by welshsteve »

I'm in the UK and the UK tour tickets went on sale this morning at 9am. Unfortunately Ticketmaster were reporting that all tickets were sold out at 10 seconds past 9!!! But of course, Ticketmaster's sister secondary resale site already has them for sale at £100 extra per ticket!!! The ticket ripoff continues. So I won't get to see Myles on this tour. Extremely annoying, and further proof that something seriously needs to change in the ticket industry or people will simply stop supporting their favourite artists.
Thanks

Steve

Wildb0b
Brand New Start

Post by Wildb0b »

Same here. Couple of things - I imagine there were only a few tickets on sale - it's the same with all gigs now - even for an arena you get online within seconds, and if you want seats - you're at the back. My cynical mind says most tickets are sold before ticketmaster or other outlets let the real fans near them. And to be honest - these venues are way too small. Gorilla in Manchester - nice place but Myles could sell out the Apollo on his own....Perhaps he'll tour it again once they know the demand...

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

I really hope so.

I think you're right. There are 3 rooms at the O2 Academy in Birmingham I believe. The largest room is only 3000 capacity, with another at 600 capacity, and the smallest only 250.

He could have done the Barclaycard Arena (capacity 12000). I'm sure he'd have filled most of that.

In the town I live in we have an award winning small venue. WOuld love to see Myles play this.

http://leamingtonassembly.com/about/

Some well known acts have played there, including Midge Ure, Adam Ant, Testament & Savage Messiah, Ocean Colour Scene
Thanks

Steve

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

The most disappointing thing about being unable to get tickets this morning is that my son absolutely idolises Myles, and I was going to purchase the Meet & Greet for him off Myles' website. But the Meet & Greet doesn't include the ticket for the show :( He'll miss out now.
Thanks

Steve

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looking at Myles' facebook page, people are really upset about this.

I highly doubt Myles himself can do something about it unless a lot of people keep bugging him about it at the rate the people in his Facebook page are commenting about this. They are justifiably upset that the general sale comes in at 9:00 and boom, all the tickets are gone at around 9:05 and the tickets have been relisted at rather unreasonable prices in the secondary markets in the matter of minutes. This is the sort of thing that should not happen. People should not have to buy tickets at extorted prices above what the face value advertises.

I don't know if he's the right guy to approach regarding this matter, but I would address this issue to Tim Tournier. I don't know if he can do anything about it, but informing this to a guy that knows the guys from AB and certain business aspects of the touring industry could lead to a path that may bring a good resolution to this.

I hope that I would not have to deal with this issue if Myles chooses to play in Southern California.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

It's a shame to hear that a lot of fans struggled to get tickets. I'm personally not too bothered on going, so I had forgotten that they went on sale. I do not know why artists/their management do not take measures regarding this, it seems to happen rather frequently. Even with Pearl Jam with their upcoming London shows, a band that previously sued Ticketmaster for high ticket prices, had the same thing happen to them.

I'm pleased for Myles, but you can't really boast about a UK tour selling out in seconds when a big chunk of those tickets (for very small venues) went to touts and not actual fans. It just screams ignorance to me (I'm not necessarily accusing Myles of ignorance, I doubt that he has any input into what is posted on his Facebook page). If he or his management don't look into extra dates or upgrading venues, it'll be a missed opportunity.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Box-office only is the real way to make sure bots don't get all the tickets.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

Andy92 wrote:Box-office only is the real way to make sure bots don't get all the tickets.
Absolutely. Back to the good old days. OK, so you were on the phone for a while sometimes, but at least you got a decent chance of getting tickets.
Thanks

Steve

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Andy92 wrote:Box-office only is the real way to make sure bots don't get all the tickets.
Should just treat it like a plane ticket with the person's info on the ticket itself. When scanned, the scanner shows the buyer's info or whoever they intended to gift it to upon purchase - if the ticket and the person's ID don't match the system, you're outta luck. Good luck reselling that.

Sucks that Myles doesn't even get any of the additional profit on the inflated ticket price, sounds like everyone loses.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I think the following options are as follows.

A. Contact people (I say Tim Tournier, but I don't know) that knows Myles or his management about this, and see if they can do something about this.

B. Hope that the secondary market fails in selling the overinflated tickets and maybe, Ticketmaster can relist them back at the fair value a few weeks before the show?

Rjp
Brand New Start

Post by Rjp »

I have two spare tickets for Birmingham gig, cost price only if any genuine fan rather than touts want them.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

More European dates!
Funny thing, that Vienna venue has bigger capacity than Gasometer which AB usually plays

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Actually, I looked at the venue capacity in Vienna. There's a source that says that there's an outdoor venue that holds 3k and a indoor hall that holds around 935 (which would make sense going with the smaller venues theme than what he would do with AB or Slash). Anyway, yep. The usual stops in Europe. Belgium, Amsterdam, Vienna, three known German cities, Milan, and Zurich.

I'm a bit miffed that the poster is advertised as sold out for the UK shows since we know that there's still hundreds of tickets being on sale at secondary sites at a highly inflated price.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Oh, even better then, thought it was strange when I looked at the Arena Wien site after he got announced and it had outdoor as the venue, they've changed it now to Grosse Halle. There're several smaller halls and a pub there and outdoor venue is between all of them them. It's actually a very nice place, looks like a punk/rock park.

I have to get tickets :humina

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Never heard of the place where he's playing in Belgium, but if seems to be a metal club. I'll see if I'll be able to get tickets tomorrow.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Got two tickets. Super excited for the show!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

https://omny.fm/shows/2hours-with-matt- ... %21podcast
Myles says in this interview that he will probably do another tour later this year with his drummer and bassist that recorded the new album with him

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

US TOUR ANNOUNCED!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm, heading to the Troubadour on a Sunday? For those that been there, how is that venue? Fudge, I may have to go to this and not wait to see if he heads to Orange County. This may be the only chance he may come to SoCal, solo acoustically.

I should be fine getting tickets. If Timo was able to get tickets, I should have no problems.