Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti pt #4

Post by chtimixeur »

Iron Maiden's fans are a really tough crowd. You'd better impress them, or they'll either boo you or turn their back on you.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:Iron Maiden's fans are a really tough crowd. You'd better impress them, or they'll either boo you or turn their back on you.
So they are that type of metal edgelords which post shit like this on the internet?
https://9gag.com/gag/aV3jZzy

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Just like Slayer and AC/DC fans, they're very close-minded and have fun heckling opening bands.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, it cannot get any worst than the lifeless reactions AB got at times when they were opening for Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin in amphitheaters in the states. The upside is that the shows are going to be in Europe and, maybe, the European Maiden crowds are more appreciative for a band like Tremonti. Either way, for a band like Tremonti, accepting a opening band slot for Iron Maiden is a must for them no matter what reactions they may get in the end.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

anguyen92 wrote:Honestly, it cannot get any worst than the lifeless reactions AB got at times when they were opening for Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin in amphitheaters in the states.
Hey, at least Myles' guest appearance at the Disturbed show went somewhat viral.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTremonti/p ... =3&theater

A Dying Machine??? I'm assuming (hoping) that's the album title!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It kinda looks like that's the name of the recording studio, but that name doesn't look familiar.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

A quick google search didn’t really come up with anything for the studio. I’m guessing it is still the studio name, but it’d be an awesome record title.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It would be a first if they had an album title this early already. Perfectly fine name though. Could work.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I’m fucking livid right now.

I see the Fret 12 Tremonti album party, decide that I’m gonna go. Well, that’s during our busiest time of year at work and my boss won’t let me off.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

that sucks man!

i really need to start seriously looking into flights and stuff. it's only january, but it'll sneak up quick.

my wife and i are contemplating making it a family trip and going to disney. we'll see...that'll make the expense shoot up quite high!
Photobucket cash grab.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

That sucks Deadcell!

Good luck with the planning Ryan and will be seeing you, and perhaps your entire family, there!
Would your membership to Disney Anaheim grant you access to Disney Orlando?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

DeadCell wrote:I’m fucking livid right now.

I see the Fret 12 Tremonti album party, decide that I’m gonna go. Well, that’s during our busiest time of year at work and my boss won’t let me off.
Start blasting Tremonti out loud at work. Either he'll love it and be convinced to give you the time off, or he'll be miserable. Either way, you win :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

In a GuitarWorld Live video interview with Mark and Paul Reed Smith, Mark says at the end of the video the new album would be out "probably late May, early June" But how is that possible when the Listening Party itself isnt until May 12th? :headscratch Is Mark thinking about the LP here? :lol 12:30 for the time.

https://www.facebook.com/GuitarWorld/vi ... 756378974/

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:In a GuitarWorld Live video interview with Mark and Paul Reed Smith, Mark says at the end of the video the new album would be out "probably late May, early June" But how is that possible when the Listening Party itself isnt until May 12th? :headscratch Is Mark thinking about the LP here? :lol 12:30 for the time.

https://www.facebook.com/GuitarWorld/vi ... 756378974/
Well remember the AB listening party was 2 or 3 months before that record was released, and then they toured before. Most likely they’ll finish the record in March sometime, mix/master/promote for two or three months and there we go. But that’s if they wanted to just get it out ASAP.

My biggest worry is that by releasing the date of the LP before they’ve even finished recording (let alone everything post-production) that the record will be far too rushed.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Drums are done, bass starts tomorrow and next week mark will start tracking guitars according to this interview: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SyhbYkMRw

Around 4 minutes in

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

mitch103 wrote:Drums are done, bass starts tomorrow and next week mark will start tracking guitars according to this interview: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SyhbYkMRw

Around 4 minutes in
Damn that was fast!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m really excited about this record, but concerned with the production pace...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

14 songs

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

If they managed to track 2 songs per day that would pace the recording at about 1 week per instrument. so 5-6 weeks in total of recording with the vocals/backing vocals, then add the mixing and mastering of each track.

I obviously have no idea how the recording/mixing/mastering process actually works but that seems plausible to me :lol

Compared to past album recording sessions I'm not sure how long it took them to track the albums, but I'd assume Tremonti IV would take the same amount of time as All I Was or any other AB record given the number of songs.