Performance Videos

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Performance Videos

Post by TenaciousBe »

In this thread, we show off.

Whether you play with a full band or solo, I want to see you guys in action. Official music videos, live videos, whatever it may be, let's share our stuff!

I'll kick it off with my performance of "Truth is Consequence", an original song for my Moonrise Blue project, live at Cafe Steam in Rochester, MN, earlier this year:

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Performance Videos

Post by Crumbso »

My band at a live gig.

My band's first attempt at a music vid.

Awesome idea for a thread. I've always liked listening to your stuff TenaciousBe. Takes guts to do acoustic stuff, you're quite exposed on your own and without a loud amplifier to cover your tracks.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote:Awesome idea for a thread. I've always liked listening to your stuff TenaciousBe. Takes guts to do acoustic stuff, you're quite exposed on your own and without a loud amplifier to cover your tracks.
Hey, thanks man! I think I've done better with the acoustic stuff than anything I ever did electric. I suppose some people are just wired to do things a certain way. And I enjoy it a lot more too!

I subscribed to your mannaforra account on YT a while back, digging what I hear! It's a shame you guys don't have more subs/views. You've got a great rock voice! And the music in that Who You Are video is wonderful. Did you guys record at home or in a studio?

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

TenaciousBe wrote:
Crumbso wrote:Awesome idea for a thread. I've always liked listening to your stuff TenaciousBe. Takes guts to do acoustic stuff, you're quite exposed on your own and without a loud amplifier to cover your tracks.
Hey, thanks man! I think I've done better with the acoustic stuff than anything I ever did electric. I suppose some people are just wired to do things a certain way. And I enjoy it a lot more too!

I subscribed to your mannaforra account on YT a while back, digging what I hear! It's a shame you guys don't have more subs/views. You've got a great rock voice! And the music in that Who You Are video is wonderful. Did you guys record at home or in a studio?
Thanks man. We're building up a local presence slowly but we've only been on the scene a couple of months really. We had quite a few line-up and name changes leading up to our first gig and album release. We'll hopefully be doing a lot more in 2018. We live in a small town too so it's tough going getting gigs.

https://mannaforra.bandcamp.com/releases

I recorded the tracks myself at my house. I've been doing it for years and finally reached a point where I feel I can achieve a quality I think is worth releasing. We get better every month as a band and my singing is still getting stronger so watch this space! Our new material is far more ambitious and has a couple of AB style epics.

You ever recorded anything? You definitely got song ideas that are worth putting down.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:

Thanks man. We're building up a local presence slowly but we've only been on the scene a couple of months really. We had quite a few line-up and name changes leading up to our first gig and album release. We'll hopefully be doing a lot more in 2018. We live in a small town too so it's tough going getting gigs.

https://mannaforra.bandcamp.com/releases

I recorded the tracks myself at my house. I've been doing it for years and finally reached a point where I feel I can achieve a quality I think is worth releasing. We get better every month as a band and my singing is still getting stronger so watch this space! Our new material is far more ambitious and has a couple of AB style epics.

You ever recorded anything? You definitely got song ideas that are worth putting down.
Ohh yeah, I know the small town blues, I live in a town of barely over 1000 people. :lol There are a few regular places I play at, and always looking to get out and find more. It was a pretty slow year this year, lots of personal stuff going on (got married, bought a house, had a baby... boom).

I don't have any studio-quality stuff recorded, but I do have some live tracks from a few years ago up at https://moonriseblue.bandcamp.com. I keep thinking about recording a full album, as I have just about enough original songs to do so and now with the new house, I have a spare room set up for recording, but just need to find the time and gumption to get going on it.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

These aren't rock covers by any means, but here you go...

(bottom is only an image; I recorded it onto a CD for my nephew, uploaded to YouTube as an afterthought)
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Dude, great voice! I love the Goo Goo Dolls too, beautiful cover.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:These aren't rock covers by any means, but here you go...
Great songs though, and great covers! Nice work dude!

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

I appreciate that guys, thanks.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

You got a great voice man. I also really enjoy the 'Mr Robinson' name tag on the desk too! :cheers

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

This one is a couple years old, but one of my favorites -- doing a cover of John Corabi's song "If I Had a Dime" (from his Unplugged album a few years back) at an open mic in Minneapolis.

*EDIT* You know, listening back to this, I actually played it much faster than I do nowadays. It's funny how songs change and evolve over the years, even if it's your cover of someone else's song.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Crumbso wrote:You got a great voice man. I also really enjoy the 'Mr Robinson' name tag on the desk too! :cheers
Sorry, just saw this for the first time. Thank you!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

My band doing our first acoustic set.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Crumbso wrote:
My band doing our first acoustic set.
Dude, this is awesome! I love the setting, and your songs translate really well to acoustic. Very nice!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

So I've been doing a standard tuning version of Watch Over You for a while now, partly because I'm not that good at guitar and partly cause it's easier than stopping to retune or carry an extra guitar just for one song. But I got a better version of it on video than what I previously had on my YouTube channel, so I'm happy to get that up there. This is from this past weekend back at my favorite little coffee joint to play at. :)

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Nice. You even wear the same clothes as Mark. :D

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

My faltering attempts at WDTTW. I need to re-record for better quality but god I love this song. It still means so much to me to this day. It's one I've not had the vocal ability to attempt until recently.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AHart96 wrote:
Nice!! I love the production on this. Too many videos are just a dude in front of a shitty webcam with his head cut off. Have you thought about putting vocals to it as well?

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TenaciousBe wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
Nice!! I love the production on this. Too many videos are just a dude in front of a shitty webcam with his head cut off. Have you thought about putting vocals to it as well?
Thanks dude! Starting to get back into making these now that I have a bit of actual production quality. Didn’t do vocals with this one because I don’t have the chops and don’t have many friends into this music who do. Recorded Dust as well that same day, but my next project is Achilles and I’m hoping to have vocals on that, if not full band
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!