What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by TenaciousBe »

AHart96 wrote:Eminem’s “Revival” album
What'd ya think? I can't believe the scathing reviews it's been getting. I listened to most of it last night and thought it was pretty decent. I mean, Em isn't the cultural icon he was at the turn of the century, but he's still making some dope music, and his rhyming is still in his own world.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TenaciousBe wrote:
What'd ya think? I can't believe the scathing reviews it's been getting. I listened to most of it last night and thought it was pretty decent. I mean, Em isn't the cultural icon he was at the turn of the century, but he's still making some dope music, and his rhyming is still in his own world.
I thought it was pretty average, not one of his top albums but definitely not his worst either. I thought there were a couple pretty good songs but nothing that made me say “holy shit”. I’d still take him over 99% of rappers today though
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

AHart96 wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:
I thought it was pretty average, not one of his top albums but definitely not his worst either. I thought there were a couple pretty good songs but nothing that made me say “holy shit”. I’d still take him over 99% of rappers today though
My thoughts exactly! lol
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Robert Plant's Carry Fire album. The 39th album released in 2017 that I have listened to.

The funny thing about a guy with the vocals of Robert Plant is that when they do their solo stuff, it's a big contrast to the heavier/hard rock music that their main bands have done and they decided to incorporate influences that are quite worldly that no one expects out of that vocalist. I know Robert Plant has done that. I know Chris Cornell has done that. I know that Myles will do something like that in his solo album. Anyway, as for Robert Plant's new album, his voice should be good (hopefully, in an aged like fine wine kind of sense) and the music should support that.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Escape the Fate - Remember Every Scar

I don't know why, but this song sounds so familiar. I can't quite figure out why.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Lorde's Melodrama album. The 40th album released in 2017 that I have listened to.

I just need an album to listen to, and there were not a lot left, aside from the ones I already listen to, that personally interests me, and get to #40 and I heard ok things about it so let's see how it goes.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Def Leppard - Hysteria album
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Evanescence's Synthesis album.

Don't know why, but I listened through a lot of "post-grunge/alternative metal" bands' catalogs (Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Shinedown, etc.) but for some reason Evanescence has been that band that I always don't have much of an interest of listening to. It also did not help that I did not really enjoy Fallen (their big selling album) as much as the best stuff of the bands I listen to. Maybe listening to this album can help me dig more into their stuff.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I thought Synthesis was pretty damn good. Bring Me to Life sucked, but the rest was awesome. Especially The End of The Dream.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dream Theater's Awake album.

I have heard plenty songs from it on their live DVDs, and I liked it a lot, but I have never heard the studio version. Let's see how it is.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, 6 hours until New Year's here, and I've been putting this off due to laziness, but I got to give this a full listen before the year is over and it won't be the 10th anniversary anymore.

Alter Bridge's Blackbird album (including the three bonus tracks).

Edit: So I guess Youtube did not have the Blackbird bonus tracks anymore, and thankfully, I got the Live at the O2 arena + rarities album that is yet to be opened so I decided to open that now.

While I'm at it, I decided to listen to the ODR unreleased tracks. The first two did not do much for me, and I think to myself, it was probably for the best that AB changed their sound the way they did. However, solace was really pretty friken good and shame on Wind-Up for holding that up in the vault for 10 years before they got bought out, and cheers for the Bicycle Music Company for deciding to give AB the approval to release it for the public to hear. That was for the better for all sides.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Unleash the Archers - Apex

This whole album is a masterpiece. Highly recommend it.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Lotha wrote:Unleash the Archers - Apex

This whole album is a masterpiece. Highly recommend it.
Yes, it is! The title track is awesome.

Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Starset - Ricochet

This song keeps getting better and better on multiple listens for me.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

anguyen92 wrote:Starset - Ricochet

This song keeps getting better and better on multiple listens for me.
:yeahthat think that and “Halo” are easily their two best
Rock Never Dies

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Breaking Benjamin - “Red Cold River”

Great to hear new music from these guys, one of my favorites and Dark Before Dawn is my favorite album of theirs. Serviceable, good song as a lead single, but sounds too similar to “Bury Me Alive” for my tastes
Rock Never Dies

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I concur.

Listening to the new Breaking Benjamin single as well. New Breaking Benjamin is always good news to hear. That stated, this single is a good song, but in comparison of the other first single of their albums (Polyamorous, So Cold, The Diary of Jane, I Will Not Bow, and Failure), this might be the least favorable first single I've heard from them and the main reason was that it sounded similar to Bury Me Alive (which is a fine song, but that style of music may not be a good carbon copy like other Breaking Benjamin carbon copy-style songs). Still I'm excited for their next album, Ember.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I just want Breaking Benjamin to do something...different. No more “member berries” type songs.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Hmmm. “Member berries” type songs. That's a term I have never heard before. Please elaborate.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The production alone makes that song almost unbearable to listen to. Such a shame.

I thought they had a cool vibe going on in the bridge. For the rest... member berries indeed. But that seems to be working for them, considering the success of their latest album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.