The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by AHart96 »

anguyen92 wrote:If that's true, that's awesome, Ahart. You'll be near where I am. Maybe, if there's a good show in Anaheim, we should go together!
Keep an eye out for shows around Jan. 25-28, that’s when NAMM is happening. Would love to make that happen!
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I will never understand why people record themselves driving down the highway while listening to the radio to post it on Snapchat.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

They're addicted to pain.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Fish, you lost 50 pounds??? Congratulations, man! :bow But you will anyway be damned for posting that deliciously-looking food!
Angyuen and AHart, it would be awesome if you could meet on a show! :rockon

I'm having an insanely stressful day. After a two-hour exhausting meeting I need to make a public appearance. I got dressed to kill to distract the audience but your crossed fingers would be of use so I don't make an idiot of myself (even though you're still asleep).

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

The Sunday show I went to was stunning and I absolutely don’t regret going all by myself. The guy’s energy and musical skills are amazing.
I didn’t buy a beer to anyone but I managed to get two girls on board and to give them a lift – does that count? :lol

One of them is a colleague I accidentally run into after the show and the other one was her friend but that's completely irrelevant,
isn't it?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Tigra wrote: I got dressed to kill to distract the audience
Unfair tactics!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: yes, I left the socks and shoes on.

Post by zazthespaz »

Fish Tacos wrote:
Unfair tactics!
No, it’s fair. I’ve done the same thing before. Nobody remembers how badly I stumbled over my words for my best man’s speech at my best friend’s wedding because I wasn’t wearing pants. Whatever works man.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

When I first picked up the guitar 32 months ago, all I wanted to do was learn songs like Machine Head by Bush and Wicked Garden by STP. I'm there now. By 60 months, I want to be writing my own (more complex) songs. Where was the internet when I was 13, trying to learn on my own, backwards on a right handed guitar? Late 30s are better than never I guess
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, this concert touring industry is weird to figure out for me at times. Look at the bands on this line-up and look how many people and revenue they pulled. I would figure they would pull maybe close to 2k people nowadays and around $40k in revenue, but maybe that area is not that great for rock? I don't know.

Pop Evil, 10 Years, Red, Otherwise Club L.A. Destin, Fla. Oct. 27, 2017 $17,855 614 / 800 1 / 0 $33, $28.50 Steve Hall Productions/Rock Destin

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I have to put my dog down. I’ve had her since I was 9, and I don’t know how I’m going to get through it or even go home without her there.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

So sorry to hear that... She is a family member if she's been with you for so long...
I had had a dog for 13 years until I was 20. I was with him the day he was dying at our home but I left him the very moment he was passing away. I couldn't stand looking at this and I was also afraid he would hurt me (stupid, I know and I have regretted that since then).
He was a true friend for all those years when life seemed too hard for a red-haired left-handed, not too pretty or popular kid / teenager. He understood it all. I've missed him until now.
It will be tough for you. Stay strong if you can. Perhaps remembering that she doesn't suffer anymore would bring some relief.
Last edited by Tigra on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I have to put my dog down. I’ve had her since I was 9, and I don’t know how I’m going to get through it or even go home without her there.
Awful to hear that, bud. Had a similar thing a few years back with my cat who'd been around since I was 7 (smaller age gap than me and my older brother, and the cat was also less of a knobhead at the time).
For all of the hope that it brings...

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Fish Tacos wrote:
Unfair tactics!
I don't care. I try to make use of my assets; the question is whether I have any.
Tomorrow evening it will be even worse. I have to attend an event for our customers (6pm - midnight) and this time stand before all of them. Shit. A couple of drinks will be useful if you again plan to forget about keeping your fingers crossed.

Tigra
Isolated

Re: and the briefs?

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:I wasn’t wearing pants
Did anybody take any photos to blackmail you? Don't tell me they missed such a great chance!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Drew, this must be the early midlife crisis ;)

Pursuing your dreams is the only thing that makes this life worth living, regardless of whether you're in your teens, 20s, 30s or 50s, provided that you don't hurt anybody doing so.
You are lucky to have found something that sucked you in so much. With your determination, hard work and talent you will get where you want to be in the next 30 months. Good luck :)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: no takers? Don’t blame you.

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:
Did anybody take any photos to blackmail you? Don't tell me they missed such a great chance!
Of course there were photos! One of them is my Facebook picture, so no, nobody is blackmailing me with them! Can’t blackmail what I’m proud about!!!

Speaking of Facebook, I believe we’re talking about Greg’s “size” on there if anyone wants to join.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Re: high self-esteem is important indeed

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:
Of course there were photos! One of them is my Facebook picture, so no, nobody is blackmailing me with them! Can’t blackmail what I’m proud about!!!

Speaking of Facebook, I believe we’re talking about Greg’s “size” on there if anyone wants to join.
Sounds pretty scary!

If taking your pants off is enough to make you proud, then, well... :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Income.

Post by zazthespaz »

I have high self esteem to compensate for smaller things.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Ryan's lying about his size, to be accurate.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:

:facepalm

It actually began with Ryan's size.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I have to put my dog down. I’ve had her since I was 9, and I don’t know how I’m going to get through it or even go home without her there.
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. Dogs are family. That is such an inevitable but awful time.

We had to put down my beloved brown lab Scout a few years back. I had Wonderful Life looping quietly in the background while we did it. That will always be her song. It still hurts whenever I hear it, but I also remember how smart and kind she was, all the 14,000 ft peaks we climbed, all the joy she brought to my family's life and mine. I miss her every day.

It sucks so bad, but what you are doing is an incredibly kind and merciful thing for your pup, and she is lucky to have such a loving person as yourself. She knows and she understands. Focus on those good memories. You'll meet again. :hug
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die