The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Tigra
Isolated

Re: so you can excuse yourself to your mum and say that you're actually learning!

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote: The hooker could've become a bartender on a hooker pouring hookers because their dream of becoming a hooker didn't pan out!
And that's exactly what happened and that's why the party was so hopeless.

Wonder whether hooker bartenders accept orders from people they don't know...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Compliment. Always.

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote: 2. A guy going alone vs. a hooker, oops, sorry, a lady going alone - I feel there is a small difference, don't you think? (yeah, of one letter, I know)
Yeah, maybe. I obviously have a different perspective so I can't say it would be the same. But it seems like once the line and crowd get big enough, everyone seems like just another fan at the show and the individual differences just get lost in the crowd. A fan is a fan is a fan.

It's like how Fitzgerald wrote that there is more privacy in large crowds (added for zaz's literary schooling for the day).
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Tigra
Isolated

Re: chivalric enough to compliment a hooker - I'll tell her

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:
Tigra wrote: 2. A guy going alone vs. a hooker, oops, sorry, a lady going alone - I feel there is a small difference, don't you think? (yeah, of one letter, I know)
Yeah, maybe. I obviously have a different perspective so I can't say it would be the same. But it seems like once the line and crowd get big enough, everyone seems like just another fan at the show and the individual differences just get lost in the crowd. A fan is a fan is a fan.

It's like how Fitzgerald wrote that there is more privacy in large crowds (added for zaz's literary schooling for the day).
You can experience the most intense loneliness when you're surrounded by people.

I've already decided that I will go to see that show (it's not AB) but probably I won't feel too comfortable (comfortably?) until - as you said - the crowd will get big enough. Still, I find it pretty stupid that I feel that way. After all, I'm a big girl and I don't need a caretaker.

And AB in only 8 days!!! :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Uncle Greg comin thru with the schoolin

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote: Btw, do you have an AB/MK/MT-related quote for each situation?
Yup!
Where is one for today, then?
I really hoped you would have mercy on me but obviously this ain't gonna happen ;)
I'll get you one before tomorrow comes :dance
gbruin wrote:It's like how Fitzgerald wrote that there is more privacy in large crowds (added for zaz's literary schooling for the day).
:cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Re: Uncle Greg comin thru with the schoolin

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
Yup!
:lol
My tomorrow or yours?

Tigra
Isolated

Re: pretty suspicious

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:Poland has better looking hookers than the US
Greg...
It just came to my mind...
How do you know what US hookers look like? ;-P

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: YOU STILL OWE ME $50 GREG

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
Yup!
:lol
My tomorrow or yours?
Yeaaahhhh... aw yeahhhh.
Tigra wrote:
Greg...
How do you think he met me?!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Andy92 »

"I bought a hooker for my hooker" can be taken so many different ways...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 4! X 4!

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:"I bought a hooker for my hooker" can be taken so many different ways...
16 to be exact.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: 4x3x2x1x4x3x2x1

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
Andy92 wrote:"I bought a hooker for my hooker" can be taken so many different ways...
16 to be exact.
Right, except 4! X 4! = 576.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: #marketing

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
16 to be exact.
Right, except 4! X 4! = 576.
Math never was my strong subject. That paired with a couple beers and voila.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Re: you are that cheap???

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:
Greg...
How do you think he met me?!
I thought you met at the Pensioners' Club. It must have been the Centre for Retired Hookers, then...
Or maybe you two used to go whoring together?

Tigra
Isolated

Re: will i use one here? nope!

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote: But as long as you brought it up, how hard is it to come by ice at your parties? Or do they spend all the ice money on unhappy prostitutes?
Who would want to dilute vodka with ice? That’s blasphemy! And besides, how would you like to put any ice into a shot glass? If you do, there will be no more space for vodka :lol
As far as ice money and unhappy prostitutes are concerned, I’ve never been bribed and never hired any hookers. To be honest I’m quite frequently on the other side actually.
That’s my Mo-Fri reality: whenever a client wants me to go with them, I have to go. They may hire me for any time - 1 hour, 2 hours, the entire day or even overnight. I have to go with them, do whatever they tell me to and stay as long as necessary. I do my job mostly orally. I drink a lot. I am the only person who is not allowed to leave the room. Afterwards I am really exhausted, often need to take some pills and I barely ever receive a thank you.
That's called a hooker, isn’t it?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: unless you were comparing to a boat. then you failed.

Post by zazthespaz »

Tigra wrote:
zazthespaz wrote: But as long as you brought it up, how hard is it to come by ice at your parties? Or do they spend all the ice money on unhappy prostitutes?
Who would want to dilute vodka with ice? That’s blasphemy! And besides, how would you like to put any ice into a shot glass? If you do, there will be no more space for vodka :lol
As far as ice money and unhappy prostitutes are concerned, I’ve never been bribed and never hired any hookers. To be honest I’m quite frequently on the other side actually.
That’s my Mo-Fri reality: whenever a client wants me to go with them, I have to go. They may hire me for any time - 1 hour, 2 hours, the entire day or even overnight. I have to go with them, do whatever they tell me to and stay as long as necessary. I do my job mostly orally. I drink a lot. I am the only person who is not allowed to leave the room. Afterwards I am really exhausted, often need to take some pills and I barely ever receive a thank you.
20 posts later and now you address this issue?! :lol And you don't do shots with the ice in it, make a mixed drink with it! Vodka tonics = the best. Or a martini on the rocks (is that a thing?)
I think you just described most of corporate. Or any job...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Tigra
Isolated

Re: failure? that's something new to me

Post by Tigra »

zazthespaz wrote:
Tigra wrote:
20 posts later and now you address this issue?! :lol
Women never forget :P What is 20 posts against eternity?
Well, actually your sophisticated vocab has knocked me down and I needed to do some research. They don't teach it at school.
zazthespaz wrote: And you don't do shots with the ice in it, make a mixed drink with it! Vodka tonics = the best. Or a martini on the rocks (is that a thing?)
I think you just described most of corporate. Or any job...
What's the point of making drinks? Vodka is delicious all by itself provided of course that it's almost frozen.

Ok, most of jobs are similar, I do agree.
But my description contains no metaphors: if you are on a meeting at work, can you leave or not? I am not allowed to leave even for 10 seconds. No texting, no phone calls no matter how important, no peeing.
And I work orally :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Tigra wrote:
Greg...
Something something yer mum

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Fish Tacos wrote:
Tigra wrote:
Greg...
Something something yer mum
Nailed it!
Love that argument!

In exactly 7 days I will already be in the concert hall :D :D :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

I am le tired

Post by Fish Tacos »

Which concert hall is this? RAH already happened right? I feel like I missed something important but I can't bring myself to go through 5 pages of randomness to figure it out.

Tigra
Isolated

Re: we are as well but keep producing new posts

Post by Tigra »

OMG, really it has????? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

You should go back and read it all, do you think we write it all just because we don't want our keyboards to feel abandoned?

And how are your space photo shoots?

By this time in exactly 7 days the show will be almost over... Sniff sniff!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Fish Tacos »

Astrophotography momentum kinda slowed down. I has having a lot of trouble consistently getting good alignment results so between that and breaking a minor component on the mount and waiting for a replacement it fizzled out for a bit.

No new shots but I can't remember if I posted my reprocess of old data with better techniques.

Original

Restacked with a different algorithm / settings and reprocessed in photoshop but all with same captured data

Original

Redone

Original

Redone

Still a lot of room to improve and I should make an effort into just buying my own gear so I don't have to fight with the stuff the astronomical society owns.