The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by WaywardOne »

cheesedip1 wrote:Am I the only one who doesnt care for This Side Fate that much?
Yes

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Alter Bridge's YouTube Channel just uploaded this like 11 mins ago today. But it's not even a performance video of them actually performing the song :lol It's just random live clips with the official audio over them :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

http://www.overdrive.ie/interview-mark- ... n-october/
Very interesting read. Mark may eventually pull out "On My Way Now" for his solo project
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'd very much be ok with that.
Thanks Timo!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AHart96 wrote:http://www.overdrive.ie/interview-mark- ... n-october/
Very interesting read. Mark may eventually pull out "On My Way Now" for his solo project
INTERESTING! I think we'd all prefer to hear it in its original AB form (like the one live performance vid that has been out there), but I'd much rather it be released as a Tremonti song than never at all. I think with the way his voice has developed, he could absolutely pull off a killer version of it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It would be a good somber closer type of song.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Would love to hear a recorded Mark version!

Edit - damn he also mentioned putting out his original demo of it too, that would be off the charts awesome.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Never heard of "On My Way Now" before...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Would rather have Myles sing it. His voice is great on it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:Would rather have Myles sing it. His voice is great on it.
Why not both? Three versions of this would be cool. One on Tremontis next record, one on Myles' solo album and some duet on the next AB record. Would be kinda cool imo.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

WaywardOne wrote:
cheesedip1 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't care for This Side Fate that much?
Yes
Actually, the answer is no, because it is such an incredible song that cheesedip doesn't actually realize that he loves it, meaning he is confused and therefore there is in fact no one who doesn't care for it.

;)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's great to know Mark is considering recording On my Way Now. I'd prefer an AB version, but a Tremonti one would be better than nothing.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Listened the first time to the Watch Over Your duet version feat. Christina Scabbia. Damn that version sucks so much.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I've been seeing some articles here and there about reality stars and pop stars wearing metal band t-shirts (like Metallica's and Iron Maiden's) as a way of fashion and, naturally, some people are outright pissed about it. That got me thinking. Alter Bridge has got some pretty cool-looking shirt designs over the years. Personally, I wouldn't hate it or mind it if, in that impossible longshot, someone like Lady Gaga or Beibs (even though I do hate Beibs) was sporting an AB shirt. What says you guys?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I think that people who are pissed about Lady Gaga wearing a Metallica or Slayer Shirt should turn off their computers and get a fucking life. :wave

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, interesting observation here.

According to setlist.fm, in 2014, AB had played a total of 62 shows throughout the entire year. We are at the end of July 2017 and they had played 67 shows at this point, this year, with another 20-30 shows already scheduled and a potential final US tour in November/December (this is a rumor, I saw a tweet on their Twitter). I think when this album cycle is all said and done, this could very well be AB's most prolific year since 2008.

We all know that they have had their struggles with record labels, releases produced by the DC3 brand being delayed, and other band projects being more front and center derailing AB's potential success as their own entity. That stated, 2017 had none of those issues so far. They are in a label that appears to give AB the support they need and that AB is probably the biggest band on the label. They got a live CD that's already set in stone with a release date and the other projects (Tremonti, Slash/Myles/Conspirators) is not getting in the way of AB's album cycle when AB really needs to shine well here.

2017 is been a good year so far for AB and it's going to get better. They already did a headlining tour in Australia (which I always think is very impossible to arrange). They are going South America for the first time as AB. They are going to be playing with an orchestra at a very prestigious venue and they are really contemplating playing really deeper tracks.

To sum it up, this is just a really good time to be an Alter Bridge fan. I cannot say that enough.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:So, interesting observation here.

According to setlist.fm, in 2014, AB had played a total of 62 shows throughout the entire year. We are at the end of July 2017 and they had played 67 shows at this point, this year, with another 20-30 shows already scheduled and a potential final US tour in November/December (this is a rumor, I saw a tweet on their Twitter). I think when this album cycle is all said and done, this could very well be AB's most prolific year since 2008.

We all know that they have had their struggles with record labels, releases produced by the DC3 brand being delayed, and other band projects being more front and center derailing AB's potential success as their own entity. That stated, 2017 had none of those issues so far. They are in a label that appears to give AB the support they need and that AB is probably the biggest band on the label. They got a live CD that's already set in stone with a release date and the other projects (Tremonti, Slash/Myles/Conspirators) is not getting in the way of AB's album cycle when AB really needs to shine well here.

2017 is been a good year so far for AB and it's going to get better. They already did a headlining tour in Australia (which I always think is very impossible to arrange). They are going South America for the first time as AB. They are going to be playing with an orchestra at a very prestigious venue and they are really contemplating playing really deeper tracks.

To sum it up, this is just a really good time to be an Alter Bridge fan.
Yes sir, 100% agree! If only the boards reflected that...

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

In preparation for RAH I have been listening to all 5 albums on shuffle for the last few weeks. I've not listened to the older albums for a long time and am now being reminded of the absolute gold songs like Burn It Down, Watch Your Words, Break Me Down, Buried Alive, Make It Right and Life Must Go On are. SOOOO GOOOOOD. To be honest my least fave AB song ever is Save Me. But I still like it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: SPEAK, NOOO TRUUUUTH AND YA WAYS WEEEIILLL ENND YOUUUU

Post by Merinda »

Merinda wrote:In preparation for RAH I have been listening to all 5 albums on shuffle for the last few weeks. I've not listened to the older albums for a long time and am now being reminded of the absolute gold songs like Burn It Down, Watch Your Words, Break Me Down, Buried Alive, Make It Right and Life Must Go On are. SOOOO GOOOOOD. To be honest my least fave AB song ever is Save Me. But I still like it.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Merinda wrote:In preparation for RAH I have been listening to all 5 albums on shuffle for the last few weeks. I've not listened to the older albums for a long time and am now being reminded of the absolute gold songs like Burn It Down, Watch Your Words, Break Me Down, Buried Alive, Make It Right and Life Must Go On are. SOOOO GOOOOOD. To be honest my least fave AB song ever is Save Me. But I still like it.
To be honest, The Last Hero (as an album) really hasn't reached out and grabbed me the way other albums have, but I can pull out Blackbird and rock every single second of that record. There are great songs here and there on every album, but damn, BB is a masterpiece from top to bottom.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.