2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Micky
On The Rail

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by Micky »

abw1987 wrote:Went to the concert at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ last night. Was a great show! Crowd was pretty enthusiastic for a weeknight. This was the first standalone show the guys have done as part of this festival-heavy tour so they seemed glad to play in front of their dedicated fan base.

Setlist was pretty standard for this tour but they did play "Island of Fools", which was a nice treat. I'd only seen it once before at the Silver Springs show earlier this year, where I was way in the back with a terrible view, so it was cool to see it from a better vantage point.

Before playing OYE Myles joked about his awkward performance in the music video. Good thing no one brought up "Sick and Wrong" :lol.

I quite liked In Flames as well. Only listened to them a few times before and they're definitely at the more metal end of my tolerable spectrum, but I think I'll be putting them into more regular rotation.

Also ran into Cameron and also got to meet Micky, so that was cool! Hope to see you guys again soon.
It was a great show! Crowd was really into it.

Big pop when they said they were playing Island of Fools!

I loved when Myles was talking about how dumb he looked when he was filming the OYE video and that he would sing and look cooler for us when they played OYE, and then he missed his key to start singing :lol

Was happy to meet you do! We will get together for another show again soon!
Thanks Andy!

BMus1
Brand New Start

Post by BMus1 »

Just saw them in Rhode Island after seeing them for the first time in Boston. Myles was much more interactive with the crowd in RI, and it was really awesome to see; it was a super relaxed vibe being a Wednesday night and all. I'm a tiny bit bummed they didn't play some different rotating songs that they didn't play in Boston like Wonderful Life, but that's beyond nitpicky. I'm just so thrilled that they've been playing so many more headline shows in this area versus the last couple album tours.

Also, they played Slip to the Void aka my favorite AB III song last night, which isn't a huuuge deep cut, but I was thrilled when the track started. I don't think anything could beat when they started playing White Knuckles in Boston though.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for the review, BMus! Cool to hear they played STTV last night!

Are you referring to the Boston HoB show back in February? I think that was one of my favorites to date. Crowd really exceeded my expectations, and "White Knuckles" definitely stands out in terms of audience enthusiasm. I couldn't care less that it's just another old Blackbird track... that moment when the bridge crescendos is magnificent.
Micky wrote:I loved when Myles was talking about how dumb he looked when he was filming the OYE video and that he would sing and look cooler for us when they played OYE, and then he missed his key to start singing :lol
LOL that was hilarious. Got to love those moments where he can't stop laughing.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

My cousin wins all kinds of giveaways, and just won two tickets to Pointfest in St Louis, and she can't go. I wasn't expecting to see AB a third time on this cycle. But it's happening!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Nice! Hope they get a decent set length!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlui9DaRF-Q they played the other side a couple days ago. Here's a clip from it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

https://www.axs.com/interview-alter-bri ... d-m-118472

So looks like they're filming a new DVD in London this fall with an orchestra...sounds very interesting
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Interesting. I never imagine them playing with an orchestra. Personally, I do not like it too much when bands play with orchestras. I just find it to be an expensive endeavor (in which I never thought AB would ever take given their up-and-downs when it comes to the business side of things) that may bring little dividends. I mean two shows at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Easy sellout on their name on their own. Plus, I find bringing an orchestra to be a bit pompous in general.

Would be interesting to see how the big songs (Blackbird, Open Your Eyes, Cry of Achilles, Metalingus, Isolation) would play out with an orcheestra.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

anguyen92 wrote:Would be interesting to see how the big songs (Blackbird, Open Your Eyes, Cry of Achilles, Metalingus, Isolation) would play out with an orcheestra.
Seeing Blackbird played with an orchestra alone would be worth the price of the DVD. Would be great if they broke out something like In Loving Memory in that situation, the goosebumps would be unreal
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

That's some exciting stuff... what if this is what it takes to get them to play WDTTW?! Sorry, dont want to play with your guys' feelings...

But seriously, Im so glad that this is happening. They're playing two nights w an orchestra. Sounds like that gives them time to rehearse whatever they want. I hope they take some risks. Exciting!
Thanks Timo!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That's amazing news. Super excited about that!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That's been my dream DVD of this band for years...hope it all works out.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Check out Doomed by Bring Me The Horizon at Royal Albert. Imagine Blackbird or CoA w that choir...
Thanks Timo!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

YES YES YES! I am absolutely in the group of people who love rock and symphony orchestra combos. I never thought AB would do it, but there are a few songs where I can hear orchestral parts mixing really well... Broken Wings and Cry of Achilles, for example. What would really be the icing on the cake is if they do any original songs for this, like No Leaf Clover or -Human by Metallica.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

AHart96 wrote:https://www.axs.com/interview-alter-bri ... d-m-118472

So looks like they're filming a new DVD in London this fall with an orchestra...sounds very interesting

I reloaded this link twice and I could not find where they talk about a new dvd. Either my computer is glitching or I am blind :rolleyes

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's in there partway through the interview. I checked it out last night.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm, looks like they edited that particular piece of information out. Wonder why.

This was the quote.
AXS: What’s next on Alter Bridge’s horizon?

MT: We’re touring through the end of the year but we’ve got a big project going on – in October we’re playing with a 52-piece orchestra at Royal Albert Hall [in London] for two nights and we’re gonna’ film that and make it a DVD. We’re really excited about it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Maybe they wanted to keep it as a surprise. Or it's not set in stone yet and they don't want to deal with another Live from Milan situation.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Why keep it a surprise when Mark just outright say in an interview (an interview that took place at a big festival in the states) that they are going to this certain thing at this certain time in these certain circumstances?

Still, it is a project that requires a great amount of organization and ensure that everything is a go so maybe certain things are not yet set in stone.