The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: The Official STONE SOUR Thread

Post by austinjhnsn »

Im sure its gonna happen, Root says that theres some people in the band only concerned with money, he doesnt want to be associated with those types. Dont think its Corey, he doesnt need to worry about money.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I guessed those comments were about Josh Rand since Jim and Corey are still in Slipknot together. But it's also possible Jim can put his differences with Corey aside for Slipknot since that band is so huge.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Im pretty sure its about Rand, he wouldnt want to "associate" with Corey by being in the Knot too. Hope Stone Sour doesnt suffer from losing Root.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Rand is a good guitarist. I think anytime Corey Taylor is in your band, the songwriting will be good quality. I think Root is more important to Slipknot than Stone Sour...but he will definitely be missed.

I met the band at Rock on the Range a couple years ago, and everyone was there besides Root. Thought that was kind of odd he wouldn't sign with the rest of the band.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Cover of Creeping Death from their upcoming "Meanwhile in Burbank..." covers EP.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3HFaUoulmx4[/youtube]

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Awesome, despite the guitar solo. I just don't like Rand's soloing style at all.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

After Listening to the entire Slipknot Discography I moved on to these guys and my first impressions are that I like Corey's vocals a bit more in this but it still rocks hard enough! I'm listening to THOG&B part 1 as my first choice and so far I think it's great!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bumping, bumping, bumping.

So, Stone Sour has released a new cover for their upcoming cover EP called uhhhh.... Straight Outta Burbank. It's The Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter with Lzzy Hale filling on guest vocals. Corey and Lzzy sure do like singing covers with each other in any outlet (Corey solo, Stone Sour, Halestorm, etc.). Here's the video.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/0z_PsHwljSM[/youtube]

It's good. It's pretty much you expect out of Stone Sour doing covers, dang it, and Lzzy naturally filled her end of the bargain. I'm just waiting on new material from them, though. The only three Stone Sour albums I heard (which are their last three albums) were solid and it would be nice to have a follow up to that.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Kinda surprising that the guitars are not set on Stone Sour settings as on the first cover EP. I liked Meanwhile at Burbank but still I'd rather prefer a new real album than a second cover EP.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Bumperoni. Corey's better project finally released some new songs. Their new album called "Hydrograd" (weird name) will come out June 30th.
Seems like a change in style. I gotta dig into it. "Song #3" sounds very poppy, but not that awful kind of poppy Stone Sour pulled off on Audio Secrecy, still I don't know what to think about it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Song #3 would be the 5th song on the album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I didn't like the intro of Fabuless too much but from there it got better and better. I say it's a good start of a lead single.

Song #3 sounds like something that comes out of KROQ radio station in my area which leans more towards playing bands like Weezer, Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, and more alternative rock than hard rock, etc. than say a song from an Active Rock radio station (which Stone Sour does well in that format and style) that plays A7X, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Shinedown, and yes AB (sometimes), etc. It's still a fine song though.

However, going back to something Mr. Slash referenced to, I was a little surprised at some of the poppy ballads of Audio Secracy (which is the album I like the most from Stone Sour, haven't heard the albums prior to that due to a lack of time and committing to hearing the music) like Hesitate and Dying (that was a song along with the title track of Fortress that really defined my life at the time in 2013 with regards to personal relationships).

Anyway, with regards to these songs, I say they got me excited about the upcoming album.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Andy92 wrote:Song #3 would be the 5th song on the album.
This is correct!

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Really like the new stuff.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Honestly, I think these songs are showing some great promises for the album. I been blasting them on repeat over this weekend and it's been playing in my mind now and then today. I don't do that to many new singles.

Also, I like the video to Fabuless. Seems like Wacky Inflatable Men are the answer to make good music videos...... Also, liked the ending where the lead Wacky Inflatable Man knocked Corey's phone out of his hand and Corey ending up fighting the Wacky Inflatable Man.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The new guitarist seems to kick ass btw. The more I listen to these songs, the more i appreciate his solos. Finally someone with a decent vibrato, not like Josh Rand lol.

Wacky Inflatable Man sounds so boring. I prefer the German translation. WabbelWackelarmige Windhosenkamerad. :humina

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Song #3 got a music video. A pretty weird one if you ask me.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's another song called Mercy. It might just be me and my bad ears, but I'm feeling a Slash solo band vibe in this one.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The new album seems like a big cross section through different styles. They even put a fucking country song on it. I cannot really give an overall opinion since I only listened to the album via that shitty Spotify mobile app which only allows you to shuffle through a certain playlist. But many of the new songs I listened to had at least a small interesting "tweak". Might be the best Stone Sour Album so far.