ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
RoelSmoel
Isolated

Re: ALTER BRIDGE BOX SET

Post by RoelSmoel »

The Plotblocker wrote: Yeah? That's just ABIII.5, which I have. The sleeve is cardboard, not leather.
I couldn't make that up from your post. Sorry.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Sorry to stir up this insane thread, but I actually have one quick question about the box set:

Do Blackbird and Fortress come with The Damage Done, New Way to Live, and Never Say Die?

Many thanks.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

PRS10Top wrote:Sorry to stir up this insane thread, but I actually have one quick question about the box set:

Do Blackbird and Fortress come with The Damage Done, New Way to Live, and Never Say Die?

Many thanks.
Nope

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

You guys don't really believe this bullshit about customs, do you? DC3 ripped everyone off (including the band, more than once) with a substandard product. Everyone who bought a box set should be in a class action lawsuit with this scumbag.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

From Dan on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/abboxse ... 708639878/
Coffee Table book update: I think it is important for me to address a few issues regarding the coffee table books. For starters it is time to clear the air on who is to blame for the typos. Just like we do with all the artists we work with, we send all drafts, proofs, samples, etc to the artist prior to any manufacturing is done. In the case of the box set and specifically the coffee table book, we sent the different versions to the band on several occasions for comments and to proof prior to we sent to manufacturing.

ON DECEMBER 11, 2013 WE SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL TO THE BAND AND MANAGEMENT:
"Here are the credits that will be in the coffee table book. Can you please get the guys to give us their thank yous asap? I already received Brian's , but need the rest of the guys. I also need you to double check yours and the crew"

ON DECEMBER 13, 2013, WE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MANAGEMENT WITH MARK'S COMMENTS AND THANK YOU'S. NOT ONE MENTION OF TYPOS OR ANYTHING ELSE

ON DECEMBER 14, 2013, WE RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL FROM MANAGEMENT WITH FLIP'S COMMENTS AND THANK YOU'S. JUST LIKE MARK, NOT ONE TYPO OR CORRECTION

ON DECEMBER 14, 2013, WE RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM MANAGEMENT REQUESTING A FEW CHANGES AND SOME MORE THANK YOU'S TO BE ADDED. ALL CHANGES WERE MADE AND THE ADDITIONS ADDED IN.

ON DECEMBER 16, 2013, WE SENT A NEW PROOF TO THE BAND AND MANAGEMENT FOR APPROVAL AND RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE (IN CAPS)"
"YOU ARE A GOD DAMNED GENIUS !!!" "Looks amazing"

ON DECEMBER 17, 2013, FLIP SENT ANOTHER EMAIL TO US AND MANAGEMENT WITH SOME MORE CHANGES AND FIXES- ALL WE'RE MADE IMMEDIATELY
HERE IS THE EMAIL FROM FLIP:
"Here you go . . . Also including the original credits doc that Brian
put his Thank You's in. I revised all of his misspelled names as best
I could.
Thanks
Flip"

ON DECEMBER 17, 2013 I SENT AN EMAIL TO MANAGEMENT SAYING THE FOLLOWING:
"Most recent
Any management additions ?"
WE RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE:
"I sent some over the weekend did I not ?"
WE RESPONDED BY SAYING ALL THOSE CHANGES WERE MADE

ON DECEMBER 20, 2013, OUR DESIGNEER RODNEY BOWES SENT THE BAND THE FINAL PROOF WITH THE FOLLOWING COMMENT:
"Proof like a MF!
Rodney"
WE RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE IMMEDIATELY:
"Dan you are truly a enormously talented and gifted guy…you really are. This is beyond awesome"

ON DECEMBER 21, 2013 WE SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL TO THE BAND AND MANAGEMENT:
"To add to the list of things for you guys to watch and approve, here is the Documentary and also the book for the Box Set
In regards to the Doc- it is VERY different from what we have done in the past. We went real Cinema Verte and fly on the wall with this one. Very raw and real. It is an honest portrayal of what it is like to travel with you guys. It is the most real thing we have ever done and I am sure your fans will love the honesty and rawness of this piece, as it is not some super-polished "sugar coated" webisode. The one thing that will change drastically is that we are in the process of adding a lot of lower thirds to set each scene up and walk us through what is going on and who is in the room. We should have a newer version by Monday
Please note- the doc still needs final sound, color correction and most importantly sub titling (the sub titles & lower thirds will be at least double). Leslie is working through the weekend to finish all of this now
The book is all done- The red "X" pages are disc pages, so they are blank for a reason
PLEASE carefully review the book and let me know if there are any changes, typos or additions!!!!

IN RESPONSE TO THIS EMAIL, WE RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM THE BAND'S MANAGER On December 21, 2013
"I glanced through....what a masterpiece..."
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE EMAILS, THERE WERE LITERALLY OVER 200 BACK AND FORTHS ON EVERY STEP OF THE WAY THROUGH THIS PROJECT WITH THE BAND AND MANAGEMENT. NOTHING WAS DONE WITHOUT FINAL APPROVALS AND WE CERTAINLY DO NOT SEND THINGS TO MANUFACTURING WITHOUT NUMEROUS PEOPLE APPROVING, ESPECIALLY THE BAND.

I am bringing this up, as for 4 years our company has endured non stop badgering and insults as to the typos in the box set. We sat there and allowed the blame to be put on us and chose to take the high road and not involve the band or management, even though we did not approve the final creative. To be clear- it was the band and their management who gave final sign off. It is time to let everyone know how this worked and that our company did not just go and manufacture things without proper protocol. Perhaps if some knew that these mistakes were honest mistakes and were also missed by the band they will stop the negative posts and nonsense? I doubt it, as some just like to start BS, but I felt it was important to share with you how this process went down

To address how we decided to handle this situation, I agree that sometimes our team has not handled certain customer service requests properly or in a professional manner. We have done our best to handle things calmly and friendly as possible, but please keep in mind, we found ourselves on the end of a battering ram unjustly and we also lost hundreds of thousands of dollars as a result. Yes, the margins on this box set were not great. The purpose of this was to celebrate the band's 10th anniversary. No one was getting rich on this at all. In fact, once we fixed the initial shipping issues with the bad shipping box, the project was in the red. This was before the typos were noticed by anybody. We then paid to redesign the book and get it manufactured again at a great cost, only to have another shipping issue with getting them from China. At that point, we were really in the red, which was fine, as we still wanted to make this perfect and take pride on our work. Our team has worked on trying to find a way to get the new books to people ever since.

To resolve some people's disappointment with the end product, we offered refunds. Approximately 100 people, out of 2300 asked and received prompt refunds. We have graciously extended and accepted requests for refunds ever since. We feel that this is beyond fair. It baffles us how people still rant about this being a "scam" when refunds have been offered from day one.

This was a pretty extensive box set that included many products. This was not just a coffee table book. Why people have caused so much drama over some typos is really confusing to most. Did you not feel like you received a great amount of value in the box set with everything else? Why do a few typos bother you that much that you claim you were "ripped off"? How can you even claim that when refunds were offered? Do the over dozen discs, vinyl records, autographed poster, etc not count for anything? Should our company and the band be responsible for incurring another few hundred grand in losses to get these new books to people over a few typos, or is a refund a fair enough resolution? We still would like to get the new books to people, but not at a cost of $100 or more in some territories to ship to people. I don't know one company that would do that. Therefore, our offer to keep it or get a refund seems pretty reasonable and not unfair at all.

Almost every book printed has some typos in it guys (this is a fact). Until you publish a book one day and realize how hard these are to do, please reserve the comments on how easy all of this is to do.
I am really tired of this issue and I am sure most of you are as well.
Therefore, once again here is our statement on this issue:
1) Wait until (if ever) we figure out how to get the new books to people
2) Keep your box set and enjoy it forever (as most of you have chosen to do)
3) Send us back your box set and request a refund

It is really simple and straight forward. It is not beneficial to keep the negativity going and the pointing fingers years later. Time to move on and focus on other things. There is already a ton of negativity in this world. No one needs to see anymore

I hope this clears up some questions you may have and gives you a better picture of how this project was made. It was certainly a collaborative effort with dozens of people involved. Any mistakes were truly not intended and the people who put many hours into making this project certainly don't deserve to be badgered anymore. We only wanted to give you all something to celebrate 10 years of the band's career.

Respectfully,
Dan
"Proof like a MF!"

Lol...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Funny how little of the real story he tells.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I don't post on here very often and haven't been keeping up with this issue but it's absolutely absurd that he's blaming typos on the band. I work in a professional environment and frequently draft written correspondence to my clients and other third parties, proof-reading your work is essential and I can't believe any self-respecting professional company would sell a product to its customers without a thorough proof-read. That same company then implies that the band and management are to blame for not spotting the typos, it's crazy.

Plus, does he really think the band and management would say 'proof like a MF', "Dan you are truly a enormously talented and gifted guy…you really are. This is beyond awesome", "YOU ARE A GOD DAMNED GENIUS !!!" It's hard to believe that all of these parties would respond 'immediately' and kiss his ass as much as he claims.

AB BATMAN
Bought The CDs

Post by AB BATMAN »

Of course, the dates he is listing for all of these approvals are supposedly the same dates when the books were supposed to have been stuck in "that crazy blizzard" that prevented everyone from getting the box sets for Christmas. And the final DVD of the doc wasn't even finished until Dec. 22 (I should know, I authored it). Or the fact that the company he chose to replicate did over half the DVDs in the wrong region code and they had to be reordered on January 30. Once you start pulling one thread...

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

TL;DR. Started but soon realised he was basically just saying "We did a thing, be happy or fuck off, not our fault we didn't do our jobs and took your money anyway" Actually fuck that guy and his company. Any band who chooses to deal with them now does so at their own risk.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Happy I was too poor to purchase it in the first place, blessing in disguise.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So will I finally get my replacement coffeetablebook now ? With Typos corrected and ABIII chapter included. No blizzard goiing on right now, is there ?

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Nah, he wants to say we're screwed and we're pussies who have to deal with it and move on with our lives.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I'm glad I didn't purchase box set and I feel for people who did. It blows my mind this guy is still able to do projects for people. He's done nothing but give excuse after excuse after excuse. I hoped the band would have seen the light after the Live from Amsterdam fiasco. Either way, water under the bridge and there isn't much left to say or do about it. I do have to point out that over the past 8-9 years, I've read 162 books. I like to read about 2 books per month, except for my time in grad school when I had to do the required reading. Moving on, in those 162 books, there were maybe a grand total of five that had typos. Maybe five. I know of two for sure. If a project had that many typos in college, it would've failed. I had an prof that the first typo was an automatic 10-point drop. The next was 25 so with two typos, you're already down 35 points out of 100. Companies like this shouldn't last but they do. They find someone else to rip off. I had to laugh at the argument he used for "we did our job, it cost a lot of money, leave us alone."

Pal, I work for a car company. We do custom work on people's vehicles. If it isn't right, guess what? My boss makes us do it again. If the customer isn't happy, we correct the errors and get it to a place where they're happy with it. If an older lady tells me she's not happy there's a scratch on the right rear door, I work on it until it's fixed no matter how long or how much it takes. Typos are inexcusable. Spell check is awesome. Going by what the guys want is awesome. It's so easy to copy & paste from the e-mails you received from the guys. "PROOF LIKE A MF"

I certainly hope "PROOF LIKE A MF" makes it onto the board as a placeholder during the next recording of an album.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I believe the "proof like a MF" comment was the designer sending it in and saying like, "yeah it's done, how do you like them apples" type comment.

Not defending anyone btw, just pointing that out since some seem to think it was from the band.
Photobucket cash grab.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

RoelSmoel wrote:Nah, he wants to say we're screwed and we're pussies who have to deal with it and move on with our lives.
Well actually he says that there's no reason for you to feel 'screwed' and be happy with the product as a whole.

Question is if he get's to decide when the customer is happy with the product of just leave it to the customer. :P

Anyways, hope people still enjoy the box set and can look beyond the typo's...

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I really dunno why I read this thread once again, really. But tell you what, as a published author and as a translator of several books, I will once again mention that every single "letter" or "statement" or whatever you call it is completely 100% bluff, unprofessional and simply filled with disrespect towards the buyers. I am so glad that I jumped off the train and received a refund. I am so glad that the Band decided to not work with the company anymore.

Phew.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The moment they revealed the artwork everybody with half a brain knew this was gonna the laziest money-grab in the world. It still blows my mind how long people kept defending Dan. AB fans are loyal, that's for sure.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I honestly gave him the benefit of the doubt until we found out that Milan dvd was not going to be out in June 2014 and then he made that post here insulting us as a loyal fan base.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Timotheus wrote:The moment they revealed the artwork everybody with half a brain knew this was gonna the laziest money-grab in the world.
LOL that’s what I thought from the very start

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Timotheus wrote:The moment they revealed the artwork everybody with half a brain knew this was gonna the laziest money-grab in the world.
Rumor has it that this is the artwork for his next cash grab.