San Francisco (2/20/17)

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

San Francisco (2/20/17)

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'm already going with a bud of mine and don't necessarily intend on meeting up with any forum members (unless you prove to be a good person hah), but I'm just checking out of curiosity what other AB guys are near me on this forum, if they're going to this concert, or if they're aware of this concert happening.

RycheVamp
Brand New Start

Re: San Francisco (2/20/17)

Post by RycheVamp »

I bought two tickets and will probably still go. I'm not a fan of the Regency (standing and GA, not thrilled). I hoped they would play the Warfield again because I had front row of the balcony last time. I could enjoy the show without pushing, shoving, drunk idiots, etc.
I honestly don't know many people who have heard of AB around here. I mention them and I get "who?"

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Awesome! Yeah, I have to kind of tell them the "formerly Creed" connection whenever I ask.

Regency is not my favorite either, but I will be sitting in GA. No shoving, but not as close as I'd want to be.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

Alter Bridge plays much better in the East. West coast doesn't understand Alter Bridge as much.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

I enjoyed the Regency back in 2011.. bar next to the venue was nice too..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Us mid-west people are usually pretty spirited at an AB show as well.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

jailman wrote:Alter Bridge plays much better in the East. West coast doesn't understand Alter Bridge as much.
Why should that assumption be made? Every time they play the West Coast, it's been around like 5 shows in solid enough venues and I don't mind it as much that casual people don't know or cared about AB. Ryan and One Drew Remains gave me the assurance that I would feel right at home at an AB show, among the fans that knows a lot of the band, and they were right. The Wiltern Theater in LA looks be a very esteemed venue to play in and I'm glad they are playing it there again. It's more than a suitable enough venue for them at this stage in their careers.

Don't know if I will be there (want to sort out having a job before getting tickets. Don't really want to ask my sister to get tickets again. That was fine three years ago. Not so much now).

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

I'm still going. Don't know if I'm as interested in getting there so early to watch the opening bands, but I'm still definitely going to the show.

Just went to an Alex & Sierra concert on Thursday, so that was just enough to get my feet wet for this one!

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Anyone else go?

To speak on the bar that's next to the Regency, I had to use the bathroom in there (before they opened the doors to let people inside) to drop a deuce, but it's a one-unit bathroom with a door that can't lock and swings open away from the bathroom. Needless to say, two people walked in and walked back out. I just lowered my head both times. Nothing I could do haha!

RycheVamp
Brand New Start

Post by RycheVamp »

I wasn't able to go. Hwy 17 was closed and I couldn't get over the mountain. It was gonna be too much to try to get there the long way, especially on a Monday. Bummed I missed it, and wasted the money on tickets.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

RycheVamp wrote:I wasn't able to go. Hwy 17 was closed and I couldn't get over the mountain. It was gonna be too much to try to get there the long way, especially on a Monday. Bummed I missed it, and wasted the money on tickets.
Ah, this must have been during all of the storms. Sorry to hear! I had a lot of fun.