AB's Billboard Boxscore Results

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: AB's Billboard Boxscore Results

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ That number is only the ticket revenue that particular show made (which is divided, not only among the bands, but among stuff like management, promoters, etc.) If you want to know about how much exactly AB made for the tour, you are going to have to find someone that organized the finances of this particular tour. (I'm not that person, sadly. I would like to be in that position one day though......)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

As I recall it's not uncommon for openers on tours like these to be given a flat fee per show.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Andy92 wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Still don't get why no one likes AB in the USA. Seems like all of you guys rather listen to the several thousand cheap ass Seether rip offs than to original music. :P
At least we didn't spawn One Direction.
I like the rock radio station in my area. They play all kinds of rock. It could be Seether, AB, tool or metallica even. They will play pretty much any rock. I feel very lucky in that regard.

Then of course if u want classic rock there are stations for that too.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

You'd be surprised at how many bands don't break even when touring

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB's on the Billboard Boxscore this week. Here's how they did in London at the O2 Arena.

Alter Bridge, O2 Arena London, U.K.. Nov. 24, 2016. $372,716. 10,009 / 11,791. 1 / 0 $37.24. Live Nation

Overall, not bad. I mean getting 10,000 people in the same venue and making $372,000 in ticket sales revenue in a single show is hard enough as it is for AB in this industry. That stated, they could have gotten the same result at Wembley Arena as well. Also, I heard from an Ultimate-Guitar comment that the show was declared "sold-out" i.e. there were no more tickets that can be purchased at Ticketmaster, but I heard that the secondary markets had a couple hundreds of tickets being charged at around $200.

So in the end, it's a solid result for a band like AB, but it's a bit of a downer given that this is the largest arena in London and I was hoping for around 14k people in attendance, especially at the ticket prices being advertised looks really affordable, especially for a four-band line-up.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It would be nice to be an opening band and get a flat fee. At least you're making money.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

anguyen92 wrote:AB's on the Billboard Boxscore this week. Here's how they did in London at the O2 Arena.

Alter Bridge, O2 Arena London, U.K.. Nov. 24, 2016. $372,716. 10,009 / 11,791. 1 / 0 $37.24. Live Nation

Overall, not bad. I mean getting 10,000 people in the same venue and making $372,000 in ticket sales revenue in a single show is hard enough as it is for AB in this industry. That stated, they could have gotten the same result at Wembley Arena as well. Also, I heard from an Ultimate-Guitar comment that the show was declared "sold-out" i.e. there were no more tickets that can be purchased at Ticketmaster, but I heard that the secondary markets had a couple hundreds of tickets being charged at around $200.

So in the end, it's a solid result for a band like AB, but it's a bit of a downer given that this is the largest arena in London and I was hoping for around 14k people in attendance, especially at the ticket prices being advertised looks really affordable, especially for a four-band line-up.
Yeah, the O2 was billed as Sold Out. But it clearly was not. Even the standing area looked like there was plenty of space. This is what happens when ticket touts are allowed to do what they want though.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB's back on the boxscore.

Alter Bridge, Volbeat, Gojira, Like a Storm SSE Hydro Glasgow, U.K. Dec. 1, 2016 $266,628 7,122 / 7,211 1 / 0 $43.67, $37.43 DF Concerts

Well, close to it being considered sold-out. That's all right, I guess.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

To my surprise, AB has some of the US shows on the boxscore this week.

Alter Bridge, Nonpoint Royal Oak Music Theatre Royal Oak, Mich. Jan. 24, 2017 $47,862 1,454 / 1,844 1 / 0 $55, $35, $28.50 AEG Live

Alter Bridge, Nonpoint Riviera Theatre Chicago, Ill. Jan. 25, 2017 $42,940 1,465 / 2,510 1 / 0 $33, $29 Jam Productions

The show at Royal Oak looks decent enough. Roughly the range I expect. About 1,500 people. Almost $50,000 of ticket revenue. The show in Chicago though...... what gives? The face value ticket looks affordable enough. The attendance number though......, that's roughly the size of one HOB show in Chicago (and they usually do two of those per album cycle in Chicago). That's a bit disappointing for one of their big markets in the states.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

I thought our crowd looked a lot lighter (Chicago) to begin with, but it appeared to fill in pretty well. I couldn't see too much however as I was in the front. I was also wondering why the switch from HOB and only one show this time around as it was a tradition for me to see AB at HOB two nights in a row. By the way with fees the tickets were around 44 dollars.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

HOB in Boston had to be basically sold out. There were some mezzanine tickets left on the day of the show but there were no pit tickets available so I had to buy via the LiveNation resale selection. Interested to see what Boxscore says.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The show in Montreal.

Alter Bridge Metropolis Montreal, Quebec Feb. 3, 2017 $48,243 1,779 / 2,200 1 / 0 $30.73, $26.89 evenko/Greenland Productions

Even though it did not sell out, the show drew a solid number that would be on par with a typical US show. About 1,500-2,000 people, pulling in almost $50k in ticket sales revenue with face value tickets being $25-30. So I guess this begs the question, how come it took them so long to play there along with Toronto?

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Jim wrote:You'd be surprised at how many bands don't break even when touring
I know this is an old quote, but if bands don't break even touring anymore and bands don't really make money from record sales anymore....

People are still doing it so there has to be some money somewhere, right? I mean obviously passion is a huge component, but where else is the money coming from?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Merch sales brings in some of it...that's why you see larger rock bands using security staff to shuffle those illegal shirt sellers out from the front of venues. I saw guys getting tackled by cops for selling shirts at a festival last year lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Also the VIP Meet & Greets are straight cash to the band. Mark's guitar workshops are, too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. Those are just smart business on the bands part.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The show in Manchester, England

Alter Bridge, Volbeat, Gojira, Like a Storm Manchester Arena Manchester, U.K. Nov. 23, 2016 $254,551 6,808 / 8,307 1 / 0 $43.61, $37.38 Live Nation

Hmmm, this should have done better. With the exception of Like A Storm, this line-up had support that a "typical" rock audience should like over Halestorm, BSC, and Shinedown as support. Volbeat are pretty huge in Europe and has a decent following in the UK and I never hear anyone have anything relatively negative to say about Gojira and AB, of course, are AB. So how in the world did this drew the least amount of revenue and people in the three times AB played Manchester Arena?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Honestly it might be Gojira. For the more casual rock fan, they're a lot to take in... The core audiences for Gojira and AB are drastically different.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Honestly it might be Gojira. For the more casual rock fan, they're a lot to take in... The core audiences for Gojira and AB are drastically different.
I like a lot of harder stuff and can't get into Gojira for some reason. I think it's the screaming/vocal style.

Not a great example because I would go to see AB no matter who they were playing with.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

People are really not gonna stay away from a concert because of the first of two openers, especially when the other one is as big as Volbeat. I didn't like Like A Storm as an opener in Brussels, so I came a bit later and went to the bar first.

A friend didn't come along because he wasn't interested in AB and Living Colour alone, but would've if Gojira had been there. Different crowds don't have to be a bad thing.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.