Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Tremonti pt #4

Post by anguyen92 »

What ego? The guy either wants to create his own solo album or play with his dad and is probably not feeling it playing with Mark, atm. Nothing wrong with that.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

His Dad hasn't toured in over a year. He not once, tweeted, Facebooked, or said word about Dust to promote it. Mark said Wolfie would rather work on his make believe one man band solo record. Yes I think he thinks that he's beyond the band.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The fact that he is not spamming shitloads of information on social media does not mean he's got an ego. If I was asked to play bass for Tremonti instead of having an opportunity to perform/write original music on a much more interesting level I wouldn't go for it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah, you can't really say someone has an ego for turning down one gig to do something else. It was pretty cool that he came in to record all the bass tracks on two albums, but he probably just wasn't interested in continuing with the band after that.

I'll admit it might be slightly odd that he didn't at least make one comment when Dust came out jjust to let people know an album he recorded bass on was being released. But everyone uses social media differently.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think he posted a tweet (or a retweet) or a Facebook message about Dust.
But yeah, I totally understand why he's not interested in "just" playing bass in a band that's barely making a living (I remember Mark saying they only took one hotel room each week and had to share the shower).
The guy is young, and he's entitled to have his own projects.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Alternative facts I guess

Post by Timotheus »

One minute of scrolling:

https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status ... 7062370305

https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status ... 1508737024

And I saw he also tweeted about The Last Hero.
his make believe one man band solo record
He probably doesn't think playing bass in Tremonti will get him out of his father's shadow. Writing an album on his own might.

And unlike Alter Bridge and Tremonti he likes to dedicate time to a project. I can only respect that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Say what you want I say ego.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, that's not petty at all.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The guy helped Mark out of a bind initially when Brian couldn't tour All I Was, then added some awesome stuff to Dusterize that really helped move the band along. Really harsh to say he's exhibited any sign of an ego.
For all of the hope that it brings...

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

What's the story behind Brian being in the band? I know he was a touring member, but what's the reason he opted out of touring and/or becoming a member?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

tzAB wrote:What's the story behind Brian being in the band? I know he was a touring member, but what's the reason he opted out of touring and/or becoming a member?
He was only supposed to be a fill-in until they could find a full time bassist in the first place, but he told Mark right before the tour started and told him he would not be able to do it. I don't know if they have ever stated this officially but I believe it had to do with Brian struggling with sobriety issues around the time his son was born (anyone chime in if I'm wrong here).

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Timotheus wrote:Yea, that's not petty at all.

:crazy

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

What's this? Writing session already? :yes

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Another update for new Tremonti writing session! Hype! Anyone else???

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

chtimixeur wrote:I think he posted a tweet (or a retweet) or a Facebook message about Dust.
But yeah, I totally understand why he's not interested in "just" playing bass in a band that's barely making a living (I remember Mark saying they only took one hotel room each week and had to share the shower).
The guy is young, and he's entitled to have his own projects.

You got any more info on this? I remember when I saw Tremonti when was it 2014, there couldn't have been more than 300 people there. I don't think. Imagine there's no way he even broke even on that show. Doing the 10 dollar or merch M&G after every show like he usually does IMO is a great way to add some funds.

But IMO on Wolfie. dudes young, he's rich, his dad is fucking Eddie Van Halen. Unless he REALLY wants to do Tremonti, why should he? He doesn't have to play in band for cheap, one hotel room a week. Not ego or anything. Just the life he's made (or gotten) for himself doesn't need a band like Marks, unfortunately.

Very polite guy Wolfie is. I asked him for bass pick after Nashville 2012 and he reached in his pocket and gave me one.

Lastly, a new Tremonti record soon? Yes! Tremonti is my Metallica. I don't care if it's 300, or 3000, I'll be at every show within driving distance, and always support one of the most badass bands to ever put out music.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@austin : I vaguely remember an interview from a summer festival show. I think it was in June, and Wolfie was already gone, so I guess it was 2015.
From what I recall, Mark was saying he didn't mind being in a smaller band that was travelling in a van or something, and that he didn't mind spending only one night a week in a hotel as long as the band didn't lose money at the end of the tour.

I agree with what you say about Wolfie, by the way.
Why should he tour in average conditions when it's not his band and he's not writing any music ? He's got his own life to live and his own projects to fulfill..

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

That's a quick turnaround. I think he said a 3-year cycle for each band so technically, 2018 would work since Cauterize was released in 2015.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

luke62 wrote:That's a quick turnaround. I think he said a 3-year cycle for each band so technically, 2018 would work since Cauterize was released in 2015.
Yea, I think it seems a lot faster since the last "album" (Cauterize + Dust) was released over the course of a year, basically. I still feel like we got spoiled by that :lol

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

WaywardOne wrote:Yea, I think it seems a lot faster since the last "album" (Cauterize + Dust) was released over the course of a year, basically. I still feel like we got spoiled by that :lol
Lol yep. With Cauterize coming out in 2015, then Dust in 2016 along with The Last Hero, it was a lot to take in. So about 1.5 years until Tremonti #4 in 2018....then AB 6 in 2019...that'll work! :rockon

I still hold out hope Tremonti or AB will do a live album/DVD at some point in that time.

What I'd pay for an acoustic box set from AB, like one of those multi-night, one album per night or something, deals.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I can't wait for another Tremonti record.

I've been to quite a few shows, Creed twice in front of what 14,000, a bunch of good bands, seeing Tremonti on the rail twice have been the loudest most fun banging shows I've ever had.

I'm ready for a tour. Come on Mark, do a few shows this fall!