AB at O2 London and Motorpoint Cardiff

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Nickharry
Brand New Start

AB at O2 London and Motorpoint Cardiff

Post by Nickharry »

Superb gigs. Latest album makes sense now I've seen AB live. Blackbird truly transcendental. Nearest contemporary to Stairway! Wish they would do Watch Over You as a band. And later tracks on Last Hero are the stronger songs btw.
At first listen I found the album a little too bombastic for too long. But on multiple listens I am finding nice subtleties and the later songs get better. You Will be Remembered is a ballad gem.
Good support bands. They show how AB cross lots of categories. The riffs of Gojira, the pop sensibility of Volbeat and Like a Storm,and deep lyrics for those who rate lyrics as massively important in rock( surely that's poetry).

axlar
Site Admin

Re: AB at O2 London and Motorpoint Cardiff

Post by axlar »

Those were two cool gigs. With two totally different type of crowds. London being mainly rough and full of assholes crowd surfing and such opposed to a very enthusiastic respectful crowd in Cardiff.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

In the Youtube vids for O2, I see some camera crew onstage. Was this recorded for any sort of release??

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

hackingislife wrote:In the Youtube vids for O2, I see some camera crew onstage. Was this recorded for any sort of release??
They were mainly for the big screens. But apparently the Cardiff show was recorded for a live album. Maybe a few other shows too. No offical word yet, other than Myles saying at the Cardiff show that one was being recorded.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

all shows from London up to and including Cardiff were recorded for a live CD.. so sound only..
"Sing it, Stijn!"

polanut
Brand New Start

Post by polanut »

axlar wrote:all shows from London up to and including Cardiff were recorded for a live CD.. so sound only..
Was at Glasgow gig and during soundcheck Myles was trying out various settings on PRS acoustic and said it was a shame that they were not recording that night to compare. Sound engineer replied that they were recording. Not saying it will be part of live CD but shows they were still recording after Cardiff.

D

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

polanut wrote:
axlar wrote:all shows from London up to and including Cardiff were recorded for a live CD.. so sound only..
Was at Glasgow gig and during soundcheck Myles was trying out various settings on PRS acoustic and said it was a shame that they were not recording that night to compare. Sound engineer replied that they were recording. Not saying it will be part of live CD but shows they were still recording after Cardiff.

D
I guess they always record from the soundboard.. though the main sound engineer that was responsible for the recording shows for the CD left after Cardiff, uncluding some gear...
"Sing it, Stijn!"