What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Doom
Loyal Follower

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Doom »

Easier said than done.... It's not like they are not supportive of me, if I had said that, then I would be being plain ungrateful. Especially with all the troubles that my health caused during my childhood and the surgeries that I had. But they can be mean when they want to and manipulative too and turn things around and I am the bad guy... And lately I feel like everything that I do is wrong and that my presence bothers them and it hurts.

The lyrics that I have posted before hit the spot perfectl with this, they speak a lot for me

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

The kid i had an issue with at school last week once again started an issue in class last wednesday. He was told by the dean of the school to apologize to everyone in the room for the outburst but last week came in and refused to apologize to anyone.

Then, when we were leaving the class he made a not so subtle remark about how ugly a girl in my class was, and that happened to be the girl he made fun of a few weeks ago with the stutter. She once again left the room crying, when frankly she shouldnt have because she is absolutely gorgeous.

A group of us went to the dean to report what happened, but we were met with "We will investigate", which basically means we could all go f ourselves :slam
Thanks Andy!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Doom wrote:But they can be mean when they want to and manipulative too and turn things around and I am the bad guy... And lately I feel like everything that I do is wrong and that my presence bothers them and it hurts.
This right here is the important part. Don't let people gaslight you into thinking that you're the bad guy, crazy, too sensitive or whatever. Especially if they won't do anything to address how you are feeling.

I know it's easier said than done - been there, done that, never was "good enough" for my mom, whenever I tried to point out ANYTHING logical, she'd resort to "fine, it's all my fault" to make me feel guilty etc... Things like that mess with your head, I know.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's a lot easier and healthier to have a good relationship with your family from a distance I think, especially if there are some issues. I can relate to your situation; the manipulation and the feeling that you're letting your family down. Looking back, becoming independent really was the turning point for me. Do stuff that makes you proud of yourself, and your family will be proud of you as well. It might take some time for them to get used to whatever you decide to do, but in the end it will be for the best.

If they don't, that's awful, but you can't live your life trying to please others, and I don't think extending your current situation will do any good anyway if that's the case.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Hearing "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" almost daily on the radio at work really depresses me because its the first Christmas we've had since my grandma passed away earlier this year.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

Thank you guys for the words. I appreciate it. :)

Like I said before, they can be really mean and their words can cut really deep and when it's them both are against me is a lost battle right from the start.

I know that something has to be changed but I don't know exactly what to do, as there are many things going on and I try to help them because I know they need it...

It's just that even though if I tried to talk to them, it would be a waste of time and a call for a battle. Like Timo said, extending this situation wouldn't do anything good but I don't think that now is the right time with all the things that are going on.

Sorry if I'm rambling too much about this, it's just something that had been bothering me a lot lately (actually, it's something that I had been keeping to myself for a long time) and I don't know well how to express myself.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Hearing "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" almost daily on the radio at work really depresses me because its the first Christmas we've had since my grandma passed away earlier this year.
I'm sorry to hear that, dude :(

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Doom wrote:but I don't know exactly what to do
My best advice would be to move out as soon as you can if you haven't already.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Hearing "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" almost daily on the radio at work really depresses me because its the first Christmas we've had since my grandma passed away earlier this year.
:( That's so sad. :hug :hug :hug

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Thanks you guys :hug

Getting notifications for threads that I've never even replied or been subscribed to is really annoying.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

FUCKING SNOW

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Winter is coming, Shea.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

the fact that i still go to reach for the phone to call my dad when i have a question about something house related, or work related, or just general advice. :( makes me sad and start crying.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ryan wrote:the fact that i still go to reach for the phone to call my dad when i have a question about something house related, or work related, or just general advice. :( makes me sad and start crying.
:hug I sometimes still cant believe my grandmother is gone, yet she passed in March/April of this year. It sure does take some time getting used to their absence. Especially when it was so sudden.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

It's been almost 5 years and I still have dreams where my Dad is alive. We talk, or have walks together, and when I wake up, it's hard for me to realize he's gone. I don't think I'll ever be used to it.

So sorry, Ryan :( :hug

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

2 days before Christmas and I have absolutely no excitement. It's the first year the family has had Christmas without my Grandma after she passed away in February. And I feel like that's a large part in why I've been feeling so down this Christmas. I'm just glad I wont have to hear 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer' on the radio anymore come Tuesday when I go back to work.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

You don't have to be happy and cheerful during the holidays. Sometimes you're down, the overall cheer of everyone just contrasts your feelings, and that's normal. Also perfectly okay.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Rest In Peace, George Michael. Fuck off 2016. Just....Fuck off. :no

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Rest In Peace, George Michael. Fuck off 2016. Just....Fuck off. :no
No kidding. Another huge loss.

I know it makes no sense, but just 6 more days of this mess...
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

So sad that he died. :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Lot of stuff coming out about his random acts of (unpublicised) kindness today. Makes me sad when people pass away without stuff like that being known, but he apparently didn't want to make it public. Class act.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Fucking 2016 isn't done yet. RIP Princess Leia.